The Rebuild This Summer..

KingKirk

What's the chances of a completely new starting 11 come the first game of next season.. That might be a bit OTT but it could very well happen. Take tonight team from the keeper to striker not one of them stands out to me as a first team player for Rangers going forward.. Squad and back up players trying to do the job of a first team player is how I look at them.

opinions troops

Absolutely none whatsoever.

How many players would you say we need mate?

Am saying 20.... 16 minimum players brought in plus 4 for of our youths.

Major work ahead n I hope this board have deep pockets cause 5/6 of the players brought in must be of quality if we are to move forward

How many players would you say we need mate?

Am saying 20.... 16 minimum players brought in plus 4 for of our youths.

Major work ahead n I hope this board have deep pockets cause 5/6 of the players brought in must be of quality if we are to move forward

That is never gonna happen we just don't have the funds for it.

Goalkeepers -Keep Cammy Bell as a starter and keep Liam Kelly and Robby McCrorie as our backup GK's, I would look at replacing Bell the year after if he hasn't improved. McCrorie and Kelly would be better options than Robinson or Simonsen who are both far from Ranger standards it would save money for other areas.

Fullback - Keep Lee Wallace as a starter at LB yes he has been poor this season but he has the talent, We need to sign a RB between the ages of 20 and 26 who can walk into the line up. Ryan Sinnamon to challenge at fullback, we also need to sign another backup LB, release Ricky Foster and Stevie Smith they are fucking wank.

Centre Back - We need to sign a Central Defender to walk into the line up beside McGregor again mid 20's maximum age, Keep Darren McGregor as a starter CB but I would look at relegating him to backup CB the season after and replacing him with more quality. Keep Luca Gasparotto to challenge for the CB spots, keep Sebastian Faure as a backup CB. Release Mohsni, Zaliukas & McCulloch they are all wank.

Central Midfield - Get rid of Ian Black, Robbie Crawford and Dean Shields. Keep Andy Murdoch as a backup CM, keep Nicky Law as a backup CM one more season to prove his worth, maybe keep Kyle Hutton I haven't decided yet. Sign two central midfielders one of which should be miles better than what we have.

Attacking Midfield - Keep Barrie McKay, David Templeton & Tom Walsh all of which to be given game time, Loan out Fraser Aird, sign Vuckic if possible and perhaps another winger if we can afford it.

Strikers - Get rid of Boyd, Miller, Daly. Keep Clark, Gallagher and Hardie and then sign another striker.

So by my reckoning keep 17 players

Cammy Bell, Liam Kelly, Robby McCrorie

Ryan Sinnamon, Lee Wallace, Darren McGregor, Luca Gasparotto, Sebastian Faure

Nicky Law, Andy Murdoch, Kyle Hutton, Barrie McKay, Tom Walsh, David Templeton

Callum Gallagher, Nicky Clark, Ryan Hardie

Then sign another 7 players 5 of which need to be good enough as starters.

First Team RB, Backup LB, Starting CB, Starting CM, Backup CM, Starting AM, Starting CF

Lets settle down a bit, eh.

RM is more manic depressive than Kurt Cobain. If RM had hands and a gun I'm sure it would all end the same way.

Lets settle down a bit, eh.

RM is more manic depressive than Kurt Cobain. If RM had hands and a gun I'm sure it would all end the same way.

serious is there any player you think deserves a starting place next season? I don't think we have one that's been my opinion for months.. Promotion won't stop me from admitting this team are pish. The worst of my lifetime.

serious is there any player you think deserves a starting place next season? I don't think we have one that's been my opinion for months.. Promotion won't stop me from admitting this team are pish. The worst of my lifetime.

Vuckic and Wallace are definitely good enough for me.

Up until the last few weeks I would have said no to anyone else, but with the general improvements recently, IF this turns out to be a blip, a few more might join the ranks.

t's too early to condemn the McCall revolution, because he has shown he can get more from these players. It all depends on whether this is a blip.

Take it easy, mate. Life is still worth living for now. :P

No chance. Tonight was poor but let's keep things in perspective. We still have a number of players who are good enough for next season.

The players who are out of contract are the ones who will go. The rest will most likely stay. The rebuild will be about bringing in better players to replace those who are out of contract.

That is never gonna happen we just don't have the funds for it.

Goalkeepers -Keep Cammy Bell as a starter and keep Liam Kelly and Robby McCrorie as our backup GK's, I would look at replacing Bell the year after if he hasn't improved. McCrorie and Kelly would be better options than Robinson or Simonsen who are both far from Ranger standards it would save money for other areas.

Fullback - Keep Lee Wallace as a starter at LB yes he has been poor this season but he has the talent, We need to sign a RB between the ages of 20 and 26 who can walk into the line up. Ryan Sinnamon to challenge at fullback, we also need to sign another backup LB, release Ricky Foster and Stevie Smith they are fucking wank.

Centre Back - We need to sign a Central Defender to walk into the line up beside McGregor again mid 20's maximum age, Keep Darren McGregor as a starter CB but I would look at relegating him to backup CB the season after and replacing him with more quality. Keep Luca Gasparotto to challenge for the CB spots, keep Sebastian Faure as a backup CB. Release Mohsni, Zaliukas & McCulloch they are all wank.

Central Midfield - Get rid of Ian Black, Robbie Crawford and Dean Shields. Keep Andy Murdoch as a backup CM, keep Nicky Law as a backup CM one more season to prove his worth, maybe keep Kyle Hutton I haven't decided yet. Sign two central midfielders one of which should be miles better than what we have.

Attacking Midfield - Keep Barrie McKay, David Templeton & Tom Walsh all of which to be given game time, Loan out Fraser Aird, sign Vuckic if possible and perhaps another winger if we can afford it.

Strikers - Get rid of Boyd, Miller, Daly. Keep Clark, Gallagher and Hardie and then sign another striker.

So by my reckoning keep 17 players

Cammy Bell, Liam Kelly, Robby McCrorie

Ryan Sinnamon, Lee Wallace, Darren McGregor, Luca Gasparotto, Sebastian Faure

Nicky Law, Andy Murdoch, Kyle Hutton, Barrie McKay, Tom Walsh, David Templeton

Callum Gallagher, Nicky Clark, Ryan Hardie

Then sign another 7 players 5 of which need to be good enough as starters.

First Team RB, Backup LB, Starting CB, Starting CM, Backup CM, Starting AM, Starting CF

Wouldn't keep Cammy.

Very average goalkeeper to be honest, and he's done his shoulder in again. Goalkeepers are never the same after having surgery. He'll always have that niggling thought in the back of his head about diving to the right.

If King invests his 50 million he said he would many moons ago we could put together a good starting 11 and get rid of the dross we have the now.

King 50 million? if that happens I would start with the Easter Bunny in goals, Santa in midfield and play the mythical Greek, half man half horse, upfront as our Centaur Forward.

Back to reality, McCall if still around will need to bring in Bosmans etc on a shoestring budget.

Wouldn't keep Cammy.

Very average goalkeeper to be honest, and he's done his shoulder in again. Goalkeepers are never the same after having surgery. He'll always have that niggling thought in the back of his head about diving to the right.

Same happened to one of our best ever keepers. Chris Woods was never the same after a bad shoulder injury.

Well if you get rid of the players who are out of contract at the end of the season that should make available a few quid for wages surely.Perhaps 12 out saving lets say 50,000 a week should be more than enough to pay the wages of 7/8 team changing signings for the new season.

Well if you get rid of the players who are out of contract at the end of the season that should make available a few quid for wages surely.Perhaps 12 out saving lets say 50,000 a week should be more than enough to pay the wages of 7/8 team changing signings for the new season.

Actually saving about £3.4m if those players contracts are allowed to expire.

If King invests his 50 million he said he would many moons ago we could put together a good starting 11 and get rid of the dross we have the now.

We will need the millions to keep the club afloat not for investment, if we remain in this league. I worry bears don't realise just how serious no-promotion will be.

Jig going saves £18k per week on its own. Releasing all the out of contract will free up a lot more than £50k per week. This can be helped by sorting out daft contracts elsewhere of course. ...for example the £180k per year spent on kit man and assistant.

Make no mistake our squad is filled with pish.

One or two may be good enough to keep but if we want a Rangers team good enough to be winning every week then 16-20 players need to come in,

The folk saying calm down etc have no clue just how bad this squad is, they might be happy to get battered several times a season but this is Rangers not some fucking mickey mouse club.

We will see how truthful the board are in terms of investment soon enough, I'm not holding my breathe.

Some players are capable of a place in our squad but alot of them are either past or simply not good enough.

I don't expect a whole new team next season either. If we remain in the Championship I doubt we will see a wholesale change, six or seven players not including youth players will remain I'd imagine.

If we gain promotion I would alot more changes but even then I would think it would take a couple seasons for McCall or whoever the boss is at the time to fully have a squad he could call his own.

Just read the reports in the daily record and find it strange that not one of the rangers players played decent and all of the qos players played well

Funny how the reporters look at the score and make that the case.

I thought there was some good indidual performances last night for us and some poor for QoS

It didn't work for us last night and list mainly down to individual mistakes ,it happens QoS managed to get away with there's and we got punished for outs

There jerperjeot a clean sheet but looked poor and almost cost them on more than one occasion

Higgins the same poor clearances and careless passing not once punished