Gordon Smith And Rangers Run To 2008 Uefa Cup Final

bluedart1952

Gordon Smith in his Sunday Post column, said (these are his words not mine). When Rangers were on their run to the UEFA cup final in 2008, we changed the schedules around to help them. It may open you to accusations of going against "SPORTING INTEGRITY" by the clubs affected, but the goal was to try to help a Scottish club to get to a European Final. So there you have it they helped us by refusing to cancel the Dundee hivs game 4 days before the final, but made us play 8 games in 20 days all because of the sfa's lack of understanding what the words "SPORTING INTEGRITY" actually means or it doesn't apply to Rangers FC. Gordon Smith is another ex Ranger that I have just about had enough of. :drugang:

Gordon Smith in his Sunday Post column, said (these are his words not mine). When Rangers were on their run to the UEFA cup final in 2008, we changed the schedules around to help them. It may open you to accusations of going against "SPORTING INTEGRITY" by the clubs affected, but the goal was to try to help a Scottish club to get to a European Final. So there you have it they helped us by refusing to cancel the Dundee hivs game 4 days before the final, but made us play 8 games in 20 days all because of the sfa's lack of understanding what the words "SPORTING INTEGRITY" actually means or it doesn't apply to Rangers FC. Gordon Smith is another ex Ranger that I have just about had enough of. :drugang:

Disappointed by GS there, he's someone I have a lot of respect for but he's just trying to cover his own arse.

Yes please in this instance don't mix the SPL and the SFA. The former fucked us over the later could do little to help. As always ineffectual except when collecting fines and with holding funds that are rightfully Rangers.

Erm, it was the SPL who fucked us with the fixtures. It wasn't the SFA's decision to make.

Whether the SFA helped us or not with decisions they did have authority to make is up for debate though.

It probably was, but isn't both boards of the sfa/spfl intertwined meaning they can influence each other, I could be wrong but at the moment you have Doncaster/liewell and petrie on the sfa board.

It probably was, but isn't both boards of the sfa/spfl intertwined meaning they can influence each other, I could be wrong but at the moment you have Doncaster/liewell and petrie on the sfa board.

As far as I know the SFA had no control over the fixtures, when or how they are scheduled.

I think it is correct the SFA moved the cup final but the SPL did their very best to make sure we suffered as much as possible

Why the fuck did we have 3 number of organisations (SFA,SPL,SFL) at that time running scottish football, ok only 2 of the organisations (SFA, SPL) had any input in the schedules, but there was a conflict of interests, if you look at who was on the boards! "and i will tell you this" as govan's, favourite jakey would say, only 1 team would benefit from making us play all they games at that short space of time, and it wisnae the sheep or the dundee hivs, so ye can work it out!

Would fuckn love it if we could go up this year and skelp aww they cunt's and win the treble next year!!! Then again i would fuckn love it if i could win 100 million on the euro millions! Bring on the Falkirk...........