Should We Focus On The League This Season?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We should use the cups to try out the youngsters, no harm in it at all.

This win everything mentality was fine years ago when we had a strong enough team however without doubt we should be focused on the league. If we do not go up next year we will be in big trouble.

Also, what people should remember aswell if we win the SC, we're in Europe the season after, that's a big way to attract players for our first season back in top flight.

The days of signing high profile players are over and the Europa League isn't exactly a big carrot anyway. We need to develop players which means less strain on the wagebill.

Always look at the positives, and to me, not going up gives us another unexpected chance at the Challenge Cup. I'm desperate to win it as we'll likely not get another chance once we go up.

It is quite embarrassing we have failed to win it after 3 attempts though.

I've always felt we should field our strongest team for every game. However, winning the league in 2016 is an absolute MUST and for one season only, we should focus primarily on league matches.

Cup games should be used to rest players and allow youth and fringe players a chance.

Hearts appeared to do exactly this last season. Getting knocked out the cups earlier I think was a benefit for them in the long run.

What a ridiculous OP.

How can any supporter of this club suggest we go into a season (which hasn't evebn started) and discount ANY competition?

Beggars belif

Always look at the positives, and to me, not going up gives us another unexpected chance at the Challenge Cup. I'm desperate to win it as we'll likely not get another chance once we go up.

It is quite embarrassing we have failed to win it after 3 attempts though.

It's more of an embarrassment to not win that cup than it is an achievement in winning it. We will get no accolades in winning it so I could care less about the Challenge Cup.

I think a lot of folk are answering this question as if its just like any other season. I dont think it is. You can't deny every single league match this season far outweighs any cup game in importance. I'm just wanting to get back up then worry about everything else. I'm not even sure it is the correct thing to do but thought I would put the idea out there to see what fans think.

If it turns out we start the campaign with a squad strong enough to compete on four fronts as well as beat a hibs team you have to assume wont drop too many points them fair enough. We go for everything.

The opposite for me actually next season we should be far more competitive than we have been. Over the last 3 years we've had numerous chances to win a cup and we have failed miserably. If we can get into Europe through the cup next year this season may not be as big a set back as it first appears.

My thoughts exactly. Win promotion and the Scottish cup 2015/16, play in the spl and Europa league next year and pretend this season never happened