Should We Focus On The League This Season?

I've always felt we should field our strongest team for every game. However, winning the league in 2016 is an absolute MUST and for one season only, we should focus primarily on league matches.

Cup games should be used to rest players and allow youth and fringe players a chance.

Hearts appeared to do exactly this last season. Getting knocked out the cups earlier I think was a benefit for them in the long run.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Write off the cups?

The day Rangers football club write themselves off in any competition before a ball is kicked is the day I give up supporting them.

That isn't what is expected of any Ranger.

We have gone three seasons and had two poor league title wins that we effectively bought with some very poor football and against mainly part time teams! My minimum expectation is that we try to win everything and I'm frustrated that not only do we face another season in the championship but we still havent won that shitty ramsdens cup, or whatever its called today!

When I pay money to watch my team, I expect to see us put out the best team possible and always play for a win and show some respect to the fans!

Maybe this year someone in the Club will wake up and realise what our expectations are, show some passion and start earning respect.

Minimum for me is win the league, win the ramsdens, good run in at least one of the other cups but most importantly demonstrate that we have a quality squad capable of meeting my simple expectations!

Winning breeds confidence, win everything and once again we will be the most passionate, confident and stylish team out there :D

I'm not saying the players shouldn't try and win each game. I'm saying we shouldn't be fielding the same 11 for the cups. Our strongest 11 for the league only.

If Hibs get pumped out the cups straight away and we are fighting on 4 fronts in March it gives them an advantage in the run in.

Would you have accepted it this season if it was the difference between promotion and failure?

The opposite for me actually next season we should be far more competitive than we have been. Over the last 3 years we've had numerous chances to win a cup and we have failed miserably. If we can get into Europe through the cup next year this season may not be as big a set back as it first appears.

Call yourself a Rangers fan?

If that is the attitude we might as well Chuck it all together.

The aim at the start of the season should be a quadruple. Highly improbable, especially at the moment with no manager or squad, but we should always try and win every competition we enter.

You don't become the world's most successful club with the attitude of a loser.

Rangers do not make up the numbers.

Call yourself a Rangers fan?

If that is the attitude we might as well Chuck it all together.

The aim at the start of the season should be a quadruple. Highly improbable, especially at the moment with no manager or squad, but we should always try and win every competition we enter.

You don't become the world's most successful club with the attitude of a loser.

Rangers do not make up the numbers.

You can fuck off with the "call yourself a Rangers fan".

Should we aim for a play off place aswell aye? Total nonsense. With a good summer there's absolute no reason why we can't win a cup. Inverness just won the scottish cup and we beat them in the league cup with our team of pretenders. Obviously depending on how the rebuild goes id fancy our chances against any team in Scotland in a one off cup game