The Case For/against Warburton

UnionMen

Personally I think Warburton is the best candidate put forward.

A few reasons why;

• Not a former "Rangers man".
  • Comes to the table having had great, immediate success with Brentford on a smaller budget that the rest of the Championship
  • Not a lot of experience but 2 seasons is a lot more than zero, which McCoist had
  • The "City Trader" aspect could potentially bring an extra dimension or a fresh way of thinking to football management
  • Founded an international, well establish youth tournament, has a clear passion for youth development
  • Worked in a Director of Football role before management, understands how a club is run, and has solid business credentials
  • Received plaudits for his style of football
  • Dedicated work ethic, gets players fits, likely disapproves of clocking off at pm for a Nando's

I'm also a fan of big Davie Weir, hopefully him as no.2 will satisfy the obsession some fans have with ex-players and 'Rangers men', he's a bit dull but a man of class and integrity.

At this stage, for the above reasons, i think MW/DW are the best fit. If anyone wants to make the case against feel free, but I guess it's going to amount to; 'Lack of Experience'?

At Brentford one of the first things the players would do in the mornings was give blood/urine samples to help monitor diet etc.

Using everything in the armoury to monitor and maintain a healthy lifestyle is a good thing. Obviously the players need some down time every now and again, but IMO professional athletes should be doing everything possible to be as healthy as they can. Not eat monster munch, drink fizzy pop and spend lunchtimes in Nandos.

I'm open minded about him. He has only 18 months as a manager behind him. But those eighteen months are very good.

I'd feel more confident if it was three years of success, but by then I doubt we'd get him.

I know it won't happen but I'd love it to be him and Cathro 1 and 2.

Victor Pereira is the best manager we have been linked with but it's totally unrealistic to think he'd want to come here. Cathro is too much of an unknown, unproven quantity, and represents too much risk for us at this point. Warbuton is the most realistic candidate we've heard about and I'd be more than happy to see him given a go. It's a yes from me (tu)

My favourite candidate so far, cathro I think has the bigger potential to coach abroad, with his language skills and European contacts, but that doesn't make him the better manager.

I think Warburton has the best credentials for what we need

Cathro is a coach. I think it would be insane to appoint a coach as a manager, we need so much more than just someone coaching technical footballing ability, we need a Sir Alex Ferguson type, someone to gut the footballing side club from bottom to top but also have the stones to tell the board how things need to be done. In a bygone era we perhaps could have been in a position to pay the wage to tempt a young coach with potential away from a club like Valencia, but not right now.

Victor Pereira is the best manager we have been linked with but it's totally unrealistic to think he'd want to come here. Cathro is too much of an unknown, unproven quantity, and represents too much risk for us at this point. Warbuton is the most realistic candidate we've heard about and I'd be more than happy to see him given a go. It's a yes from me (tu)

this

Is there any knead for another Waburton thread full of half baked puns? I won't rise to it.

There loads of good potential candidates out there. What about Solksjaer, he did well at Mould?

Best one so far.

I think it would be a huge gamble. My choice would be McCall but if MW does get the job then we must show patience. He is taking on a massive job and it is clear from the words of DK that there will be no quick fixes. If MW does get the job, no more debates about whether he is the right man, just back him because he will need all the fucking help possible.

I think it would be a huge gamble. My choice would be McCall but if MW does get the job then we must show patience. He is taking on a massive job and it is clear from the words of DK that there will be no quick fixes. If MW does get the job, no more debates about whether he is the right man, just back him because he will need all the fucking help possible.

McCall? Really? I thought he was really poor.