The Founders Trail Severs Link With Mike Ashley.

When the Founders Trail first took to the streets of Glasgow back in 2009 our meeting and departure point was the John Greig statue on Edmiston Drive.

Although symbolic it wasn’t ideal as the weather from time to time would ensure that our passengers were cold and wet before we had set off on our journey.

With this in mind we approached the Club and asked if we could use the Ibrox Megastore .

They were very keen on the idea and we’ve been there and enjoyed a good relationship over the last three years. This included getting those taking the Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour a 10% discount on any full priced item on the day of the Trail. We would set up a welcome desk and distribute our paperwork to the passengers on the Tour

The Megastore was getting 70 punters through it’s doors on a Sunday morning. A win win situation for all.

However,this was all to change late last year when Mike Ashley took control of our retail contract.

We were told in no uncertain terms that the 10% discount would no longer be available ( which was strange as it was encouraging people to spend ) and we would more than likely be put out of the store as ‘’ Sports Direct didn’t get involved in these type of things’’.

As we’re all aware the fiasco surrounding our retail contracts spilled into a London court last week and this has now left the Founders Trail with no alternative than to sever it’s link with Sports Direct.

We will no longer be using the Megastore as our meeting and departure point.

Our Club was built on principles of honesty and integrity and we cannot be associated with a person such as Mike Ashley any longer.

We’ll be speaking to the Club tomorrow morning with regards to using an alternative meeting point within the Stadium for our Tours and will advise accordingly.

When the Founders Trail first took to the streets of Glasgow back in 2009 our meeting and departure point was the John Greig statue on Edmiston Drive.

Although symbolic it wasn’t ideal as the weather from time to time would ensure that our passengers were cold and wet before we had set off on our journey.

With this in mind we approached the Club and asked if we could use the Ibrox Megastore .

They were very keen on the idea and we’ve been there and enjoyed a good relationship over the last three years. This included getting those taking the Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour a 10% discount on any full priced item on the day of the Trail. We would set up a welcome desk and distribute our paperwork to the passengers on the Tour

The Megastore was getting 70 punters through it’s doors on a Sunday morning. A win win situation for all.

However,this was all to change late last year when Mike Ashley took control of our retail contract.

We were told in no uncertain terms that the 10% discount would no longer be available ( which was strange as it was encouraging people to spend ) and we would more than likely be put out of the store as ‘’ Sports Direct didn’t get involved in these type of things’’.

As we’re all aware the fiasco surrounding our retail contracts spilled into a London court last week and this has now left the Founders Trail with no alternative than to sever it’s link with Sports Direct.

We will no longer be using the Megastore as our meeting and departure point.

Our Club was built on principles of honesty and integrity and we cannot be associated with a person such as Mike Ashley any longer.

We’ll be speaking to the Club tomorrow morning with regards to using an alternative meeting point within the Stadium for our Tours and will advise accordingly.

The exact antithesis of Ashley and S.D. Well done lads. :clap:

I think he means the Honesty & integrity line and how that can relate to King. Maybe not though.

Aw, wosha mattah, Shmile...? Did those bad boysh on RM say shome nashty shtuff about Mikey-wikey?

Oh, never you mind those naughty boys. There-there, coochy-coo.

To the OP and his organisation, I salute you... And not just for taking this stand but for all the fine work you do keeping our history alive.

But I won't lie, you guys taking this stand against a vile creature like Mike Ashley and his odious company makes me happy. :)

Update.

We're delighted to announce that as from Sunday 21st June the meeting point for the Founders Trail will be the Ibrox Suite.

The entrance is situated between the Megastore and the Govan ( Sandy Jardine )Stand.

We will post details on our website and will have staff at the door of the Ibrox Megastore on Sunday to direct passengers to the Ibrox Suite.

Update.

We're delighted to announce that as from Sunday 21st June the meeting point for the Founders Trail will be the Ibrox Suite.

The entrance is situated between the Megastore and the Govan ( Sandy Jardine )Stand.

We will post details on our website and will have staff at the door of the Ibrox Megastore on Sunday to direct passengers to the Ibrox Suite.

I work for a professional services company. They're running a feature on things to do in Glasgow for our internal monthly magazine. I sent them over this tour as a suggestion so over 10k of our staff in the UK will be aware of this the next time they come to Glasgow.

When it goes to print I'll get a copy of it and post on here. Keep up the great work :tu:.

I work for a professional services company. They're running a feature on things to do in Glasgow for our internal monthly magazine. I sent them over this tour as a suggestion so over 10k of our staff in the UK will be aware of this the next time they come to Glasgow.

When it goes to print I'll get a copy of it and post on here. Keep up the great work :tu:.

Thank you very much indeed.

It really is much appreciated.

Now that really is a boot in the balls, and about as petty as you can get from a PR point of view. (Probably for the best though, as SD/Mash do not represent The Rangers anyway.) :anguish:

Hope the Club finds you a better meeting point within Ibrox.

Keep up the great work you all do in promoting the history of our great Club.

What you all do, will forever be more important ....... and longer lasting.

:uk: