Wattie On Hand To Help New Manager According To Keech!

WALTER SMITH ONCE SPOKE BRIEFLY TO MARK WARBURTON

A more truthful headline, though probably not as interesting.

Remember when headlines used to actually reflect what was in the article rather than just a lie to hook you ?

I'm glad in this instance as the last time Walter actually coached a manager it didn't work out too well. Thats not a pop at Walter. He did well doing it his way, but Ally tried to be Walter, which he isn't. There will never be another Walter or another SAF. It's about more than knowledge. You need their minds as well as their knowledge as it is so unique. Good managers know how to apply their knowledge and gut instinct. They will get things wrong, but as its their system, they will know how to fix it. This is why trying to copy someone elses just doesn't work. Its like studying videos of messi, then practising his moves and then trying to play like him in a game. It's not going to work.

On a related subject, it would be good to see Walter back at the club in some capacity. Rangers brand Ambassador or something. He should be on that board as an advisor or bridge between the board and the park.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read the last part and having difficulty squaring it with the most craven 90 minutes of football, it has ever been my misfortune to watch, in Manchester 2008

I know. Being in European finals is a fucking chore, eh? What could a manager who guided us to a European final possibly know?

Doubt MW will take advice from the old guard on team issues. He seems to have his own ideas and system, along with Davie he will no doubt just crack on and prove what he is and where he is at with us.

Articles like this are just fluff pieces and nothing more, the lazy fucker had nothing better to write about our club so thought of the best way to stir the shit.