Signings

UnionMen

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark is cool, but during gloating sessions, I think the Warbanator will get to THEM.

BTW, where's your head at with the dildo stuff. The association didn't even enter my head

Who is them ?

A. Is it the people who dont think he is the right man for the job on here ?

B. Or do you mean the Taigs ?

C. Or both ?

Anyone know when Warburton is due back so we can get back to business, if he isn't back already?

Not sure exactly but certain I read he was taking in the England U21 game "before heading back."

Signings should start happening next week, even though it's not official I think that Rob Kiernan is just as good as a done deal, Wilson is looking likely too and Eustace is coming to Ibrox next week for talks with Warburton.

I dont think the Wilson deal will happen now, and Eustace ....... boak!

Some rumours doing the rounds that danny wilson has been offered a 3 year deal on 8k per week.

Personally I would be shocked if true as it would be more than double hearts wage.

A ridiculous wage if true and also very worrying

My understanding is Hearts did not pay over £1500 a week last season to any player.

The first signing I want to see is Dave Kings name on the bottom of a substantial fucking cheque or we will be getting nobody in for the first team.

Becoming a major worry for me, his lack of..........

Well actually his lack of anything IMO

https://mobile.twitter.com/fraserwright94

Journo claiming we are close to 5 deals and could announce at joint press conference. Never heard of the 'journo' right enough and he looks about 15

Looks to be a "multimedia journalism" student at Glasgow Caledonian, says it all really.

Quite a few seem to think we'll only sign 5-6 players but I'd be pretty worried if that was the case. The first team squad we have now only has 14 players in it and that includes Murdoch, Crawford, Aird, Walsh & Gallagher and all of them not long long promoted to the first team squad so that'd give us a squad of 19-20 players. I don't think there's much more to be brought up from the youths that'd fill me with confidence so basically we'd have a team, 6 subs and only two or three left over, couple of injuries and we're struggling to fill the bench. There's no real competition there so with effectively 5 youths already in the squad he'd basically have to bring up more youths whether they were properly ready or not, that'd be fine in the bottom division and that's clearly what we should have done then but for this division ..... I don't see that cutting it.

It's a dangerous game as well leaving it till pre-season starts to assess what we have and chase from there, he should have enough of an idea now for where gaps are with a shape he wants to play. Waiting doesn't give him long to work out what else we need, pursue and sign them and get them to gel with the other players. We've some big games early on, no surprises there, and we don't want to be on the back foot right from the start. It's all well and good taking in the U21 tournament but I don't think that's a scouting mission for right now so I'd rather see him here working on signings personally. Taking Wilson as an example since going by paper talk that seems to be stalling a bit, wouldn't it be more likely to push through quickly if it was the manager himself chasing you, letting you know how much he wanted you, there's a lot to be said for the personal touch in recruiting. How many times do you read about players signing and saying they were convinced to sign by the managers passion for the future?

I'm not panicking yet but I do think we need to get the finger out.

Quite a few seem to think we'll only sign 5-6 players but I'd be pretty worried if that was the case. The first team squad we have now only has 14 players in it and that includes Murdoch, Crawford, Aird, Walsh & Gallagher and all of them not long long promoted to the first team squad so that'd give us a squad of 19-20 players. I don't think there's much more to be brought up from the youths that'd fill me with confidence so basically we'd have a team, 6 subs and only two or three left over, couple of injuries and we're struggling to fill the bench. There's no real competition there so with effectively 5 youths already in the squad he'd basically have to bring up more youths whether they were properly ready or not, that'd be fine in the bottom division and that's clearly what we should have done then but for this division ..... I don't see that cutting it.

It's a dangerous game as well leaving it till pre-season starts to assess what we have and chase from there, he should have enough of an idea now for where gaps are with a shape he wants to play. Waiting doesn't give him long to work out what else we need, pursue and sign them and get them to gel with the other players. We've some big games early on, no surprises there, and we don't want to be on the back foot right from the start. It's all well and good taking in the U21 tournament but I don't think that's a scouting mission for right now so I'd rather see him here working on signings personally. Taking Wilson as an example since going by paper talk that seems to be stalling a bit, wouldn't it be more likely to push through quickly if it was the manager himself chasing you, letting you know how much he wanted you, there's a lot to be said for the personal touch in recruiting. How many times do you read about players signing and saying they were convinced to sign by the managers passion for the future?

I'm not panicking yet but I do think we need to get the finger out.

Good post. The points i was trying to make in the op tbh. Worryingly we don't even seem to be rumoured to be signing too make first team level guys.