Know Thy Enemy

D'Artagnan

The normalisation of Phil by anyone related to Rangers should be viewed with huge distrust. The language used against Rangers fans by him in itself abhorrent but the constant stream of lies about the club he posts should have seen action taken against him any number of times. To have no issue with someone who has referred to you continually using language favoured be the Nazis to denigrate the Jews shows an enormous amount of forgiving and understanding and is completely incomprehensible to me.

Its more than that though.

"He has his job to do attacking Rangers and we have our job to do defending the club"

Job? Its a game of football and yet three names and mcmurdo see this as a job. A chore that may bring financial rewards. Three names posts his articles on twitter stating "this is for the night shift", again implying that hating Rangers is some sort of occupation. Sad state of affairs. And mcMurdo defends this.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only we could divert our energy and time to changing this BA - we would be in a much better place.

For sure and let me say it will be a long process. We need to waken up to ourselves.

As quite a mature adult, i have never felt so disenfranchised in my own country. As a Loyalist I can get upset at getting screwed around by GCC on our marching routes, I always bought a newspaper even though I could get the news on the internet, now I don't, but what did it for me and made me sick to to my stomach was when I was quietly walking down Edminston Drive amongst our own support, with my wife and two kids, on my way to our last home game against them in the top tier and this obnoxious female with two policemen behind her, rolling her camera directly into our faces and I mean invading our space. I asked plod what this was all about and to get her out of our faces and they just ignored me, so I resorted to some mild abuse and they eventually moved on. Those few moments did it for me in this country. Didn't bother about me so much, but my wife, my two young kids basically being criminalised for being Rangers supporters. Just what did they think what we were up to? It was nothing less than inimidation. That's just one small example of what we are really up against.

There is a limit Bill to the extent any group of fans, however determined or professional, can defend the club - its a question of authority.

No group of fans can deliver a rebuke to our haters which carries the authority that such a rebuke coming from the club itself could.

Notwithstanding our difference of opinion over defending the club - why is it 3 names "job" to attack our club ?

McMurdo tells us we're "not going to get a robust defence of our club from our present regime " so either he has a crystal ball or an agenda, pretty sure which one applies. What I'm 100% sure of is that we got absolutely no defence from McMurdos chosen regime.

McMurdo tells us we're "not going to get a robust defence of our club from our present regime " so either he has a crystal ball or an agenda, pretty sure which one applies. What I'm 100% sure of is that we got absolutely no defence from McMurdos chosen regime.

I have the distinct feeling, and it is only a gut instinct, that this board will not abandon us.

However, before they can take on and defeat distractions like McMurdo and the other, they must first deal with and stabilize whatever onerous contracts are in their way.

The most important thing is that the support believes that they will come through for us.

I have the distinct feeling, and it is only a gut instinct, that this board will not abandon us.

However, before they can take on and defeat distractions like McMurdo and the other, they must first deal with and stabilize whatever onerous contracts are in their way.

The most important thing is that the support believes that they will come through for us.

Always best to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than than predict their downfall ,although McMurdo deems us idiots for thinking that King maybe pull it off.

We would pull through this, whatever this is anyway because of who we are, irrespective of any blazer. The debt we have is not insurmountable by any stretch and the SD deal whilst it appears to be one sided, will not prevent us from getting to where we belong. My view on that deal is, there must be something happening to our benefit, otherwise we would have served notice for the seven year notice to kick in. It there is someting bad preventing us from doing so them we should be told. If it has to do with not having the 5 mil to pay it back for the notice period to start, then we should also be told. There would be honour in that and we could deal with it with whatever means we as a support can come up with. There would be no honour in trying to hide it from us, particularly after what we have been through. However, I cannot believe that we do not have it. It just wouldn't make sense. This board more than any other have the obligation to do what is right by us, so it's watch this space.

I am one who also believes that we should have made our stand when we were sent packing to the lower reaches. CG was too afraid to make it, as his sights were clearly fixed on the money and couldn'r bear thinking about it not happening. Maybe as a support we should have been more vocal both with him and the authorities and made them go all the way. The ruling on us being the same club was in our favour and I felt that was the opportunity lost in calling our haters bluff. We should have been deducted only points and maybe fined also, but no more than that and it doesn't sit easily with me to this day.

The haters had their victory, but let us make sure it's their last one, ever!

Of course, bloggers see it as their job in life - and to legitimise one blogger who hates our club as 'doing his job' legitimises Bill's own existence as a blogger.

Bloggers are a new breed of hormonal teenager who think they are special, with unique insight and deep understanding that the 'average joe' just doesn't 'get'.

Embarrassingly, they are mistaken.

D'Art and I teensgers?

From dinosaurs to teenagers, D'Art!

Phil....

THE EDITORS' CODE

All members of the press have a duty to maintain the highest professional standards.

3. Independent (‘3rd party') complaints

Wherever possible, the Commission will take forward complaints it receives, including those about factual inaccuracies from concerned readers.

Furthermore I dont think its the job of Rangers supporters to be constantly defending the club from unwarranted, unjustified attacks from those who hate her.

Whose job is it, then, D'Art?

question for you, Bill. Have you ever received payment from MediaHouse or any of its affiliates ?

question for you, Bill. Have you ever received payment from MediaHouse or any of its affiliates ?

The problem with that question Dan is that it requires a level of consistency in it's application - should we open that question out to all who blog on matters Rangers and examine any gratuities received in respect of such blogs ?

To me the factions are pretty clear - whether any of the various writers blogging on behalf of this or that camp receive any kind of reward, to me, is irelevant- what is important however is whether the content of the respective blogs are truthful.

I don't always agree with what Bill McMurdo writes but to accuse him of having the same agenda as Phil threenames is a fucking disgrace.

Wanting to be a blogger and to have people read your posts is hardly the same as wanting Rangers and Britain for that matter to be destroyed

I don't always agree with what Bill McMurdo writes but to accuse him of having the same agenda as Phil threenames is a fucking disgrace.

Wanting to be a blogger and to have people read your posts is hardly the same as wanting Rangers and Britain for that matter to be destroyed

Spot on Mate but unfortunately there are those with what seems like continuing agendas and then again unfortunately we have some who are not the sharpest knives in the drawer !

Tell it to the VB, D'Art.

You are not going to get a robust defence of the club from this present regime and maybe not from any other.

It will always fall to the fans.

I am grateful we have guys like VB who defend the club, whether you think it's their job or not.

You are not defending the club. You are creating artificial scenarios generated within an entirely solipsistic world and then positing a pseudo rational counter argument. It is the runaway trolley thought experiment gone mad. What in fact you do is a dig a hole, push Rangers into it, and then ask for thanks for offering to pull us out again.

The problem with that question Dan is that it requires a level of consistency in it's application - should we open that question out to all who blog on matters Rangers and examine any gratuities received in respect of such blogs ?

To me the factions are pretty clear - whether any of the various writers blogging on behalf of this or that camp receive any kind of reward, to me, is irelevant- what is important however is whether the content of the respective blogs are truthful.

I agree with you, but as it is, we have a situation where a pro and anti Rangers blogger are possibly taking money from the same source. If people are reading both as truth, we have a problem.

You are not defending the club. You are creating artificial scenarios generated within an entirely solipsistic world and then positing a pseudo rational counter argument. It is the runaway trolley thought experiment gone mad. What in fact you do is a dig a hole, push Rangers into it, and then ask for thanks for offering to pull us out again.

BINGO!

Whilst 25 names is a serial hater, he is only one of the many, but I still feel he is the least of them, because he is transparent, not faceless and what is transparent you can deal with in whatever manner befits. Lets be honest, you wouldn't see 25 names in your road, so he hides in the safety of the rhepublic and that says much about his character and the mentality of the man.

My concern is with the faceless and the two facedness of prominent individuals and institutions, from the mhedia to politicians, to our footballing associations to government institutions both local and national.

I maybe too cynical or seen to be a conspiracy theorist, but the prejudice against our club and our fans must be at record proportions, all very adeptly spawned by the faceless.

SDM was an apologist and since his tennure none of our boards have had the interest in defending us. It's all been about the money and to hell with the principles and wrong doing levelled against us. We were illegitimately and uncerimoniously sent packing to the lower reaches, have been raped and pillaged by successive boards and demonised by all and sundry and continue to be so.

The mind boggles at how to turn this around, as there are now so many factors in play, but part of it is doing it on the park, getting back to the top in short a time as possible, but to do that we need serious investment, steady and prudent hands at the helm. I have every faith in MW, he gives everyone a good feeling. Appears to know what he is about. Of course I remain with my reservations with the board, mainly because I have yet to see the investment promised and that we have not yet arrived at the honesty and transparency bit. Time will tell.

In the meantime, we should try to remember who are our real haters. Everyone has their own valid point to make. If we don't agree with it, then try to explain why you think different and not the malevolency which is now too common place as the first line of defence, otherwise the haters will have won.

Great summation of where we are up to this point and as you say time will tell !

When you have someone as bitter and twisted as phil 3 names attacking you, it cannot be ignored and his behavior should not be rationalised - indeed his words and deeds shows that his behavior is totally irrational. To that end, Phil will rationalise his own behavior in the manner a stalker would.

In the cold light of day, Phils actions mirror exactly what he is - a sectarian motivated obsessive/compulsive. The question of how to tackle Phil, is essentially the same as how to tackle a stalker: for all intents and purposes they appear normal - but asking nicely to stop will not work, ignoring it and hoping it will go away will not work, appeasement will not work, trying to counter argue will not work, changing elements of your character will not work.

Fan groups responding to his every word feeds his compulsion and I believe we should stop doing this. The club has the means to bury him in litigation if they so wish - and this is the route we should go down.The only redress is in the courts. As soon as Phil says something actionable (and he will - his compulsion will eventually make him) the club should be all over him with law suits. Tie him up in court and begger him.

Sigh...... Once again the attention seekers are getting the attention they crave. The only time I hear of gobblegiver is on here.

I wouldn't go looking for that guys opinions if they were the last thing on this planet!

I hope and pray we never end up with someone obsessing over them like Phil and each and every tarrier does with us.

It's all about the Rangers !!!!!!!

When you have someone as bitter and twisted as phil 3 names attacking you, it cannot be ignored and his behavior should not be rationalised - indeed his words and deeds shows that his behavior is totally irrational. To that end, Phil will rationalise his own behavior in the manner a stalker would.

In the cold light of day, Phils actions mirror exactly what he is - a sectarian motivated obsessive/compulsive. The question of how to tackle Phil, is essentially the same as how to tackle a stalker: for all intents and purposes they appear normal - but asking nicely to stop will not work, ignoring it and hoping it will go away will not work, appeasement will not work, trying to counter argue will not work, changing elements of your character will not work.

Fan groups responding to his every word feeds his compulsion and I believe we should stop doing this. The club has the means to bury him in litigation if they so wish - and this is the route we should go down.The only redress is in the courts. As soon as Phil says something actionable (and he will - his compulsion will eventually make him) the club should be all over him with law suits. Tie him up in court and begger him.

I think one of the problems is maybe that he resides in the rhepublic, but I am sure there must be some way of shutting off his oxygen in the UK. I am also sure that this will also be quite difficult and expensive, but the will and the lead has to come from the Club. I just don't know if they consider him a serious threat or not.

I just think the guy is an attention seeking sectarian loon ball.

Great summation of where we are up to this point and as you say time will tell !

Appreciated BD.

I truly hope we have now turned a corner and I am really looking forward to the football.

We are our own worst enemy at times, me included.

It still sticks in my throat what the SFA/SPL done to us and I am still not doing very well in getting over it. Not that I am in anyway bitter towards those corrupt rancid bastards!