The Best Scottish Select You Have Seen Play

Actually, just take stock and think about what you are saying for a moment...

You were asked to pick a best Rangers XI. From Scottish players. In your lifetime.

And you 'struggled' to include the top goalscorer in our history who scored all kinds of goals at every level and who broke records left right and centre?

Is you first name Boaby?

You saying Souness was wrong? He didnt really rate him either?

Is your surname McCoist?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You comparing McCoist to those players? Would any of those players have scored fewer goals given the service and the opposition? If McCoist was such a striker why not move to a bigger league (couldn't move to a bigger or better club)

McCoist was playing for the team he supported and winning league titles. Why would he move? Also for the bigger and better club patter. Who's a better club than us? Especially back in the glory days when we could compete in Europe

You insinuating you can't understand me because I'm Muslim?

You're on thin ice.

Negative, just a bit surprised by the insinuation that I'm a Celtic fan or stupid for having a different point of view. Decided to log in and join in rather than just browse for the news.

I'll wind my kneck in though, please accept my apologies.

McCoist was playing for the team he supported and winning league titles. Why would he move? Also for the bigger and better club patter. Who's a better club than us? Especially back in the glory days when we could compete in Europe

Fair point.

You comparing McCoist to those players? Would any of those players have scored fewer goals given the service and the opposition? If McCoist was such a striker why not move to a bigger league (couldn't move to a bigger or better club)

We were one of the biggest clubs in Europe why would he have left?

Negative, just a bit surprised by the insinuation that I'm a Celtic fan or stupid for having a different point of view. Decided to log in and join in rather than just browse for the news.

I'll wind my kneck in though, please accept my apologies.

You joined August 2012, Dazzler.

Strange that your first batch of posts is calling our greatest ever goalscorer overrated.

1. Andy Goram

2. John Brown

3. David Robertson

4. Richard Gough

5. Davie Weir

6. Barry Ferguson

7. Stuart McCall

8. Ian Ferguson

9. Ally McCoist

10. Ian Durrant

11. Davie Cooper

Honourable mention to our 80's supersubs Graeme Souness and Andy Gray :D

You joined August 2012, Dazzler.

Strange that your first batch of posts is calling our greatest ever goalscorer overrated.

Aye I know when I joined. As I said I decided it would be better to get involved than just browse.

I'm just going to go with players I can remember watching in the flesh although I was in attendance to some games during the 90s, I hardly remember them

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

Gough - Only cause I can't think of anyone else worthy enough and I'm sure Gough played in a game I was at in the 90s

Whittaker

Burke

Ferguson

Alex Rae

McCann

Boyd

Miller

Quite shite tbh, probs missed a good few out that I've seen

That's not what I meant. I was trying to say he couldnt move to a bigger or better club. However the Scottish league aint the best. Why not try against better opposition week in week out?

That's not what I meant. I was trying to say he couldnt move to a bigger or better club. However the Scottish league aint the best. Why not try against better opposition week in week out?

You are forgetting at that time Rangers took England's best players rather than vice versa. Woods,Butcher,Steven,Stevens,Gascgoine etc. we also beat the English champions home and away in Europe.

Add that to the wages we could pay back then and he had no need to move.

As a manager I detest him for what he has done to us but as a player he was outstanding.

You are forgetting at that time Rangers took England's best players rather than vice versa. Woods,Butcher,Steven,Stevens,Gascgoine etc. we also beat the English champions home and away in Europe.

Add that to the wages we could pay back then and he had no need to move.

As a manager I detest him for what he has done to us but as a player he was outstanding.

Good point and fair enough.

I'm just going to go with players I can remember watching in the flesh although I was in attendance to some games during the 90s, I hardly remember them

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

Gough - Only cause I can't think of anyone else worthy enough and I'm sure Gough played in a game I was at in the 90s

Whittaker

Burke

Ferguson

Alex Rae

McCann

Boyd

Miller

Quite shite tbh, probs missed a good few out that I've seen

Wtf Gaz!?

Burke????

My Scottish 11 from 90s onwards....

Goram

Cleland Gough Weir Robertson

Durrant B Ferguson McCall McCann

Durie McCoist

My only real dilemma was RB. Don't think we've had many great Scottish RBs in the past 20 years or so. Always liked Cleland though. Very understated and solid RB who IMO was a better defender than Hutton (and he scored against the mhanks). Big Davie McPherson was decent, as was McLaren but a combination of not necessarily being their favoured position and injury issues, in particular with McLaren played a factor. Other than that we've only really had Wishart, Ross, Shields, Foster, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Cole, McMillan off the top of my head, some of whom barely played or weren't great......