2 Signed From Wigan

robg58

Ah the good old days when the reserve keeper was an out field player - cue Graham Roberts stories!

Them were the days :thumbup: Big Roberts played a blinder.......Leading the choir singing the Billy Boys :pipe:

RANGERS last night struck a deal to sign Wigan pair James Tavernier and Martyn Waghorn.

It comes just hours after Ibrox gaffer Mark Warburton captured midfielder Andy Halliday. Its understood that Rangers have now agreed a deal with Latics owner Dave Whelan for full-back Tavernier and ex-England U-21 striker Waghorn.

MailSport understands the Gers gaffer could also tie up a deal for out-of-contract former Hearts star Jason Holt in the next 48 hours.

The playmaker, who will cost Gers a development fee, has impressed in training at Murray Park.

Warburton also remains on the trail of Hibs ace Scott Allan, who scored in the Hibees 2-1 friendly win over Dunfermline yesterday.

Halliday was unveiled yesterday and insists he never gave up hope of pulling on a Rangers top even after the club rejected him as a kid.

The 23-year-old was released in 2007 but fought to kickstart his career at Livingston, Middlesbrough and Bradford City.

He said: At the time, being released from Rangers was the worst thing that happened in my career.

But I always knew, deep down, there would be a chance I could come back.

I lived on Copland Road when I was young so Ibrox was near enough in my back garden.

Im just happy that its happened. I dont think I would ever have given up.

It feels as if a fan has got the chance to play for Gers. So itll maybe not sink in until I walk out in front of 50,000 fans at Ibrox.