The Defence

TheBlueOne

To think of the defence we had last year till now is night and day, id say it was our weakest area, and now our strongest. Tho Id like to see one more CB if we don't have Gasparotto in the first team because McGregor is the only other decent option if we get any injuries. The way we are setting up to play our CB's are gonna see hell of a lot of the ball and i don't trust Zaliukus one bit, Gasparotto isn't really tested so we don't know how well he'd play to this system!

The 2 central defenders have a lot of hard work to do, yes they have potential but there was some huge gaps against Burnley.

I do agree there is work to be done. But that partnership will grow in time.

The huge gaps are obviously planned though, when the keeper has the ball. The CB's basically go to RB/LB positions and the wingers push forward. If thats what yer on about.

The huge gaps are obviously planned though, when the keeper has the ball. The CB's basically go to RB/LB positions and the wingers push forward. If thats what yer on about.

Wasn't meaning when we have the ball mate, as Warburton said after the game their positioning was off at times but I agree that's something that can be worked on.

Actually found it rather enjoyable to watch a Rangers team pass the ball along the edge of their own box and look comfortable doing it.

The 2 central defenders have a lot of hard work to do, yes they have potential but there was some huge gaps against Burnley.

There was gaps at times, especially at their goal, but I must admit I'm confident that the partnership will grow nicely once they get used to playing together in that system, also impressed with Tavernier and if Wallace gets bs k some much needed form then that 4 especially (if fit) will be a very solid back line.

Depending on who we play we will need to get defensive cover from midfield. Hopefully this season in the league will be a breeze the exception of maybe cup comps if we do well we may be likely to play premier league teams.The likely starting 11 out with the two CBs are all attacking types. It's going to be crazy this season.

There was gaps at times, especially at their goal, but I must admit I'm confident that the partnership will grow nicely once they get used to playing together in that system, also impressed with Tavernier and if Wallace gets bs k some much needed form then that 4 especially (if fit) will be a very solid back line.

Tavernier looks an absolute gem of a find, if that's his standard on his first outing I can't wait until he gets really settled.

Still getting my head round this tactic.

Watched the full backs bomb forward and I loved it. Saw a few hairy moments and was apprehensive. Saw us lose a goal and kind of expected it.

Am pretty sure this will be our tactic this season. Only Wilson and Kiernan looked capable, second half it was more like a back four.

If I was hivees I would have a speedy forward stay onside right in the middle of the attack upfront, making no attempt to shut down defenders. Any break of the ball pinged to him would leave our CBs at FB needing to cover. Dodgy imo. Plenty nail biting times ahead.

I would play Luca before McGregor. Better ball player and better suited to Warburtons philosophy.

McGregor and Zalu are just utterly dreadful with the ball at their feet. Frighteningly bad. (tu)

I would perhaps agree that McGregor is a bit rough around the edges but I think this may be a bit harsh, solid in the tackle and in the air. He was voted player of the year (imo correctly) by the fans and the players I believe, he may not be suited to the way the manager wants us to play (time will tell on that one) . I thought he was one of a few who would have got pass marks last year.

All about opinions T L M :thumbup:

Solid enough at the back to be honest, Warburton did say people were going to score against us though, as the style of play we'll be using is very high up the pitch, high tempo attacking, we'll be left open sometimes, but that the point is, we'd strive to score more than they do.

Solid enough at the back to be honest, Warburton did say people were going to score against us though, as the style of play we'll be using is very high up the pitch, high tempo attacking, we'll be left open sometimes, but that the point is, we'd strive to score more than they do.

Makes sense, especially considering how many teams counter-attacked us last season with ease. Hibs, QOS and Motherwell putting 3 past us each springs to mind. I think there's a danger of Warburton underestimating this league tbh.