*** Donate Your Seat For Any Game To A Veteran

govanblue

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's us reached the cut-off point for the Livi Game.

Thanks to ianb1547 and G13 who have donated their seats for this game. (tu)

And thanks also to HG5, who donated his 2 seats for the game.

They'll be gladly made use of by an Old Soldier, (who isn't very well :( ) and his Old Army Buddy.

Let's hope they leave the Stadium with smiles on their faces. (tu)

I know the next home game is a while away but will just bump this so it stays near the top.

GB I am defo going to Alloa, Erskine has had a decent wee run off my busy calendar.

Cheers Dan. (tu) Noted. (In red capitals! (tu) )

They have indeed had a good run. (tu)

I posted the following 2 posts on the Fund thread the other day. I should have posted them here too...

Just to let you know everything went as planned last night. The Fund provided a total of 36 tickets to Erskine, Combat Stress, some Old Soldiers and a Young Lad. All were greatly appreciated, and utilised. (tu)

If you happened to look up at the Ibrox Bar windows (Govan East Corner) during the game, you would have seen our Erskine Wheelchair Users enjoying probably the best seats in the house that night. (tu)

I sat with them up there for half an hour before kickoff having a beer, and I can assure you they were delighted with their spot, and they asked me to pass on their sincere thanks to you all.

They've got a couple of photos to pass on to me, so I'll upload them when I get them. (tu)

In other news, The TV we bought for the Erskine Park Sporting Memories Room has now been installed. We should get a photo of that soon too. (tu)

So anyway, what's next?

Oh yes - a trip to the Bo'Ness Steam Railway for 2 Homes. (tu)

That should be easy. Erskine can organise everything - All we need to do is pay for it. (tu)

And now we'll also need to look at getting tickets for the Petrofac Cup v St Mirren. Hopefully they'll only be a tenner each again (concession) and we'll be able to afford as many as we had last night (36 in total) (tu)

I've just received an email from one of the Erskine Carers...

Once again all the veterans and carers want to thank all at RM for another great night at Ibrox. Although it was a wet and very cold night we had 16 Erskine Bishopton residents and 8 Erskine Park residents at the game. That's the most we have had out on the same night in a while, and believe me they all had a great night though a litte wet!

So please pass on our thanks to all your guys and girls who do so much great work for our veterans...............

THANKS A LOT FROM ALL THE VETERANS AND CARERS

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Isn't that nice? :D

and this...

Drookit or not, they all really enjoyed their night out. I spoke to most of the guys yesterday morning (Wednesday). They all said they would do it again tomorrow!

So thanks again for all the great work you do and these guys totally appreciate that mate.

Which unfortunately means that you probably haven't heard the last of me. :P

Many thanks to all the Good Bears who have donated their seats for at least one game this season. :clap:

For many of the tickets, we've been able to find grateful recipients amongst the Combat Stress Veterans, and other deserving folk, and for the tickets we've not found a suitable recipient for, we've managed to sell a few of them amongst our members, which has raised enough money to buy large numbers of tickets for Erskine and Combat Stress for the recent Cup Games.

I think I've also missed out a few names from the list below, including some members who gave me their seats, but I didn't manage to make use of. Apologies to you if I've missed you out. PM me to help me update my records! (tu)

The RM Spare Seats for Veterans Scheme

36 Donors

• Ahorne82
  • Ayrshire Blue
  • BallochBear
  • bears fan
  • BlueAvenger (no space)
  • Bluepeter9
  • blue rino
  • bluesteel
  • Dan Deacon
  • derrylogan
  • FirrhillLoyal
  • folkestoneger
  • G13
  • Gartsherriederry
  • gleem
  • HG5
  • ianb1547
  • islanderbear84
  • j1mgg
  • jayzer
  • jimgers
  • jim white's a bear
  • jtblue
  • King's Troop
  • markem
  • mearns loyal
  • One Jock Wallace
  • RFC#1.
  • soldierblue1
  • SurreyBear
  • SW3
  • Terry739
  • TheBEST-Simples
  • Travelrug
  • travis macbickle
  • westieblue

And now for some Medals of Distinction...

Many thanks to the following Members who have each donated their seat (or seats!) for three or more games already this season...

• Dan Deacon
  • folkestoneger
  • G13
  • HG5
  • ianb1547
  • jayzer
  • jimgers
  • King's Troop
  • One Jock Wallace
  • SurreyBear
  • Terry 739
  • Travelrug
  • travis macbickle

And before our Main Award, now might be a good time to unwwrap that nice little Christmas Present from mearns loyal which I mentioned a while back.

mearns loyal has kindly donated his family's four seats together for the Hibs Game on 28th December. (tu)

Getting 4 seats together for any league game is almost impossible these days, never mind against Hibs on Boxing Day! So to have 4 Seats together in the Main Stand for that game is a real treat, which we will be able to make very good use of. (tu)

Cheers mearns. (tu)

We never even got you a Christmas Card. :P

And finally, the Main Award.

Which is actually not news. Just something that's worth reminding everyone of.

Our Biggest Heroes of the night are The Three Bears:

• jimgers
  • One Jock Wallace
  • travis macbickle

These three guys each donated a whole season ticket to the Fund! :clap:

and with a bit of support from the Ticket Office, we were able to transfer those three seats to be together at the back of the Main Front Stand, (plus a 4th S/T bought by the Fund) and donate them to Combat Stress.

Thus ensuring that every Veteran who goes through Hollybush House this season can have a good dose of that Ol' Warburton Magic. :21:

(Not forgetting that repeat prescriptions are also available on their RM-Sponsored Rangers TV package.. ;) )

And finally, the Main Award.

Which is actually not news. Just something that's worth reminding everyone of.

Our Biggest Heroes of the night are The Three Bears:

• jimgers
  • One Jock Wallace
  • travis macbickle

These three guys each donated a whole season ticket to the Fund! :clap:

and with a bit of support from the Ticket Office, we were able to transfer those three seats to be together at the back of the Main Front Stand, (plus a 4th S/T bought by the Fund) and donate themn to Combat Stress.

Thus ensuring that every Veteran who goes through Hollybush House this season can have a good dose of that Ol' Warburton Magic. :21:

(Not forgetting that repeat prescriptions are also available on their RM-Sponsored Rangers TV package.. ;) )

red_white_blue_hearts_stamp-r245c74b088b

I now have that feeling of mixed emotions...... it's a bit like watching your mother-in-law drive your brand new car over a cliff......however, I digress..........

the semi-final against st midden.............. my seat is available.....family commitments (unfortunately)......feel free to use :-)

I now have that feeling of mixed emotions...... it's a bit like watching your mother-in-law drive your brand new car over a cliff......however, I digress..........

the semi-final against st midden.............. my seat is available.....family commitments (unfortunately)......feel free to use :-)

Cheers mate! Much appreciated. (tu)