*** Donate Your Seat For Any Game To A Veteran

govanblue

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you're wondering why we even bother, I've just received an email from an Old Soldier, which might help answer that...

Hello gb,

Just a little update on my health as promised. At present I'm on treatment for my renal cancer which is making me really sick and tired but I'm getting there.

My discharge from the army is imminent and I'm waiting on SSAFA visiting this week along with the Royal Regiment of Scotland welfare officer to look at my bathroom and adapt it for future needs, so here's hoping.

My other cancer is going to need attention soon so if you see someone in Stirling town centre with 3 heads and 4 arms its only me! :lol:

But anyway staying positive and once again thanks for the tickets. My wife says they are a godsend as it gives her a break .Will keep you updated with any changes.

Thank you.

- An Old Soldier

Unfortunately, we don't have any spare tickets for the Alloa game for him yet. :( Fingers crossed though. (tu)

ok

My daughters graduation on the 7th Nov ie Alloa at home

And the selfish mare wants me to attend

How does this all work as Id like to help

Seat in GF4 right in the middle of the row so a bit from the passage but a great view.

Excellent mate. Cheers. (tu)

I'll send you a PM with the details. (tu)

And I don't know how the PM system works ......

Look at the top of the page (full version, not mobile version) and on the top right is your username, to the left of that is an envelope icon (your PMs) and an alarm bell icon. If either of those icons has a number next to it in red, click on the icon, to see the message. then just type your reply in the box.

Great offer mate, I am sure when G B notices your post he will P M you, he will explain all and tell you how to look out for his P M at the top of the page. Hope this helps. (tu)

Am I that predictable? :P

Excellent mate. Cheers. (tu)

I'll send you a PM with the details. (tu)

Look at the top of the page (full version, not mobile version) and on the top right is your username, to the left of that is an envelope icon (your PMs) and an alarm bell icon. If either of those icons has a number next to it in red, click on the icon, to see the message. then just type your reply in the box.

Am I that predictable? :P

Possibly, but in a good way. :thumbup:

We've been particularly lucky with seat donations for the Alloa game - 2 members have donated their seats in SW3, very close to some Erskine s/t seats.

So for this game, Erskine will be able to bring along an extra Veteran, and get a good seat for the Bus Driver too. (tu)

Plus they'll have their other 4 S/T seats, plus we've bought them 4 Disabled Hospitality Seats.

Plus Rangers have given them a good few seats for this game too, because it's the Remembrance Match. (tu)

So Erskine are well sorted for this game. :21:

Combat Stress will have their 4 S/T seats, and we'll also be providing a few donated tickets for some former-residents, and for some Veterans from the Coming Home Centre in Govan,

And a pair of tickets for Young Ant and his mum. (tu)

If we can get 2 more pairs of tickets donated, then we can offer them to our Old Soldier, and to a Combat Stress Veteran and his Kid, and that will be everyone on my list sorted.

Fingers crossed.

(tu)

Thanks to King's Troop, we now only need one more pair of tickets for the Alloa game. (tu)

We're still looking for spare single seats too though, if you have one.

The more single seats we have available, the better the chance of finding 2 seats in the same (or adjoining) section, which allows us to sit someone in the same section as their pal, and hopefully they can move to 2 empty seats together during the game. (tu)