Well Done To W&w For Turning This Great Club Around

sammy cox

I'm glad you agree with me,mate (tu) I never once as a manager/coach broke my contract mid season, because once you do it you lose respect from players and supporters and a lot of your peers, plus your reputation as a man of your word is shot to bits.

Warburton will not leave Ibrox of his own free will and will stay to complete his 3 year mission to restore pride in our club while taking us as far as he can.

Being a nosey cunt here lol who did you manage?

Yes time will tell but by fuck isn't good to actually be looking forward to a game than thinking " what the fuck is going to happen today" I think the 49k odd who were there last week are more than happy MW has arrived and given us all something to look forward to

Very true.

The last few years weve been going to the games more out of a sense of duty rather than enjoyment

Now the next game can't come quick enough.

Being a nosey cunt here lol who did you manage?

Hartwood u'6's to begin with then I progressed through to the Ecclefechan u'12's.

Actually all my coaching/managing was done in Australia mate, as I came here as a young lad, so you wouldn't know them. Let's just say that in my time I have coached players who played for Australia and players who played with Arsenal, Falkirk, Wolves, Airdrie, Celtic, Burnley, Hearts amongst others. :pipe:

Hartwood u'6's to begin with then I progressed through to the Ecclefechan u'12's.

Actually all my coaching/managing was done in Australia mate, as I came here as a young lad, so you wouldn't know them. Let's just say that in my time I have coached players who played for Australia and players who played with Arsenal, Falkirk, Wolves, Airdrie, Celtic, Burnley, Hearts amongst others. :pipe:

Would I know your name if I heard it?

This is what division 3 should have started like

Instead away to peterhead we played launch the cannonball for 90mins

Fucking bingo.

But no we were told it was impossible to play football like that by some on here, because these wee teams will shut up shop and raise their game against us. I said it was bullshit from day one, and it's now been proven to be bullshit. Anyone that was still defending McCoist last season really should be taking a look at themselves.

Would I know your name if I heard it?

That I do not know,mate! :D but from experience I have found it wise not to give too much info on the social media asylum. All I will tell you is that a few guys on this forum know who I am and that I'm ages with Walter Smith and a few of my ex players and best mates have played at Hampden and Wembley. :pipe:

I've been in Australia for almost 50 years now but football has been my life since I first kicked an old leather ball with laces, so I'm not new to this game called Fitba' (tu)

That I do not know,mate! :D but from experience I have found it wise not to give too much info on the social media asylum. All I will tell you is that a few guys on this forum know who I am and that I'm ages with Walter Smith and a few of my ex players and best mates have played at Hampden and Wembley. :pipe:

I've been in Australia for almost 50 years now but football has been my life since I first kicked an old leather ball with laces, so I'm not new to this game called Fitba' (tu)

Am i allowed to guess?

Am i allowed to guess?

You can guess all you like young fella, but I'm not going to tell you if you are right or wrong :D I'm quite happy to just post my thoughts and opinions about football matters on here to give people another angle they perhaps have not thought of.

If I had followed the advice of an ex- Manchester United manager and an ex-Scotland manager and returned to Scotland in the 70's you certainly would have heard of me. :pipe:

I know that many are saying it's only 4 matches in etc.... But there is no doubt that Mark Warburton is a well prepared, details oriented, smart guy. It's not luck we have made a good start. Luck has nothing to do with this. That is why his background.. and with Big Davie present, we are in perhaps the beginning of something special. You can just feel it (tu)

It's been like winning a title against the filth in the last seconds...that's how good this has been.

We all knew how far Ally dragged us down and I feared the worst but the new management team have performed miracles.

A management team the support and club deserve, he should have been Walters replacement!

Think you are wrong on "We all knew how far Ally had dragged us down" Lots of folk including me, some how deluded our selves that it would get better, it was just where we were at the time and other shite we told our selves to feel better. I agree with you thoughts 100% about the rest mate.

From being at Alloa when they beat us 3-2 in what was one of the worst games ive ever been unfortunate enough to witness, to being there on the terraces yesterday,was like night and day. Mr Warburton deserves all the praise he gets. A gentleman and seems the perfect man for the job.

McCoist was right when he said the club needs cleansed,but it needed cleansed of the laid back couldnt care less attitude that he brought to the club. Its so refreshing watching us now. Cant wait till Wednesday.

Just want to say a big thanks to W&W for turning the football side of this great club around and long may it continue.

With that sentiment and that username, this will be a popular post, but it does remind me also of the sad passing of "The Darvel Marvel" as the chap on RTV calls him.

You can guess all you like young fella, but I'm not going to tell you if you are right or wrong :D I'm quite happy to just post my thoughts and opinions about football matters on here to give people another angle they perhaps have not thought of.

If I had followed the advice of an ex- Manchester United manager and an ex-Scotland manager and returned to Scotland in the 70's you certainly would have heard of me. :pipe:

Do you regret not taking their advice?

Have you managed a national team?

Can't disagree with anything on this thread.

But lets remember That the new board appointed Mark and Davie. To be honest I expected another ex player with a mixed manegerial CV to be appointed and frankly after the McCoist dabacle I'd have taken just about anyone.

It took real vision to go for MW DW. Dave King never gives the impression of a hard nosed tycoon, in fact sometimes he looks a bit glaikit, but you don't get to where he has got by surrounding yourself with idiots.

So well done the board...if they continue in this vein it wont be long before we're back on top of the pile.

BTW this is not meant to open up a slate the board interval...if you can't give them credit, say fuck all.

Sammy Cox was one of my late fathers favourites along with Willie Woodburn hence the user name and im sure we are getting back to being a Rangers team that would make those great players proud again.

Same here mate, my old man saw them all, and when not long before he passed away I pressed him to narrow it down to his one all time favourite, I expected him to say Waddell, Thornton or Young. But he answered immediately "Sammy Cox". He also had a great fondness for the man he called "Willie Woodbine".

Do you regret not taking their advice?

Have you managed a national team?

I can honestly say that I have never regretted it for many reasons, mainly personal, but going to Australia was the best thing I ever did in my life.

As to your second question; No I've not and have no regrets about that either. Football back in those days in Australia was basically semi-professional and it was a very politically orientated sport where ethnic problems always surfaced in the selection process of the coaches and players, as my old friend Rale Rasic found out to his cost when he was the first manager/coach (we tend to call them coaches as opposed to managers) to take Australia to a World Cup finals in Germany in 1974.

I have known quite a few of the Australian National coaches over the years and I am glad I was not one of them. Things are vastly different these days and although there's still politics involved we are now moving in the right direction, just as Rangers are doing under MW.

If you ever decide to go into football management I will give you some good tips on how to be a successful coach/manager.

Listen to everybody in the game and learn every day, then do it your way. Learn from your mistakes and admit you were wrong,then ensure you don't make the same mistake twice.

Football is not rocket science; it's a simple game where the simplest solutions are the ones that will work best. :pipe:

I can honestly say that I have never regretted it for many reasons, mainly personal, but going to Australia was the best thing I ever did in my life.

As to your second question; No I've not and have no regrets about that either. Football back in those days in Australia was basically semi-professional and it was a very politically orientated sport where ethnic problems always surfaced in the selection process of the coaches and players, as my old friend Rale Rasic found out to his cost when he was the first manager/coach (we tend to call them coaches as opposed to managers) to take Australia to a World Cup finals in Germany in 1974.

I have known quite a few of the Australian National coaches over the years and I am glad I was not one of them. Things are vastly different these days and although there's still politics involved we are now moving in the right direction, just as Rangers are doing under MW.

If you ever decide to go into football management I will give you some good tips on how to be a successful coach/manager.

Listen to everybody in the game and learn every day, then do it your way. Learn from your mistakes and admit you were wrong,then ensure you don't make the same mistake twice.

Football is not rocket science; it's a simple game where the simplest solutions are the ones that will work best. :pipe:

The closest il ever get to being a football manager is on the game lol id love to take my family to oz or nz to live in the future. You get backnto Scotland much?

Same here mate, my old man saw them all, and when not long before he passed away I pressed him to narrow it down to his one all time favourite, I expected him to say Waddell, Thornton or Young. But he answered immediately "Sammy Cox". He also had a great fondness for the man he called "Willie Woodbine".

My old man always thought that a lot of the bitterness between Rangers and Aberdeen was down to Aberdeen casting a vote which got Woodburn banned from Scottish football.Not sure of all the ins and outs but something along those lines perhaps someone might know a bit more about the vote he spoke about.He was always after a book that he thought was written by the then SFA chairman where he covered it in his book.Again not sure of all the details but I think the guy in question might have been called George Graham or something like that.Would be interesting again if anyone could shine any light on any of this topic.