David Templeton Out Injured

WilliamFyfe

He's always been prone to injuries. This has probably came at a bad time as i suspect we would be willing to offload him if an offer came in while the window is still open.

I'm sure Killie would take him off our hands given they took Stevie Smith and Boyd.................

And Jig. No wonder they are struggling.

For 40 years we've had players who have collected wages for being injured. OK, if people get injured at work, the employer has a responsibility to look after them, but we seem to be a magnet for these guys at Rangers.

I want us to care for anyone in our employment, but I'm sick of players who turn u at Ibrox only to have a physical flaw discovered.

The amount of money we have bled on these guys is beyond the pale.

Anyway, get well soon Temps, and get a decent medical team Rangers. You have cost us fortunes over the years....or maybe it's just been bad luck for decades.

Warburton obviously seen something in him as he has featured early season so it's a shame he has picked up an injury.

I expect him to be released at the end of the season but I imagine he will get some further opportunities when he's back and fit again!

Saw him in the pub late last Saturday. Was walking unaided, when did the injury happen?

This was what I was wondering,Simon. He came on for 6 minutes plus 6 minutes extra time against St.Mirren and went down after a hard but innocuous tackle but kept playing so I never thought anymore about it until I saw the pictures from our training session on the artificial surface at Alloa and he was the only squad player absent.

Knowing his history and dislike of plastic pitches in general and the Alloa pitch in particular I wondered if he had asked not be considered for the Alloa match and in fact posted a thread on here about it.

My interest was further heightened when I saw the Mark Warburton presser leading up to that game where he told a journalist that all players were fit (touch wood) and in good shape to take on Alloa.

If he was injured in that tackle against St.Mirren and sustained a bad ligament injury then I can understand why his knee would be strapped up, but if that was the case I think resting the knee would be advisable.

For the talent that lad obviously has, his signing for Rangers has not been good for him or our club.

My interest was further heightened when I saw the Mark Warburton presser leading up to that game where he told a journalist that all players were fit (touch wood) and in good shape to take on Alloa.

Warburton maybe figured out he's not a player?!

Warburton maybe figured out he's not a player?!

That certainly could be the case, which if that is the conclusion MW has made then DT will be on his way as soon as his contract expires.Out of all the players McCoist signed,Templeton was the one who should have really set the heather on fire with his skill but unfortunately it just never happened on a regular basis.

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he can play some part on our journey out of this division, but as every day passes it will get harder for him.

Said last night on RTV he was out for at least 4 weeks. Maybe he can't handle the new training regime or is just one of those players you never really get fit for long. Think he might end up back at Hearts or following the rest of our duds to somewhere like Kilmarnock.

He seemed to be just as injury prone under the 'smack the ball off Ally's arse' training regime. Sometimes you just get players made of crisps. Looking increasingly likely he's one of them.

Ask Liverpool fans when they played hearts ask Whittaker and various other full backs their opinion of Temps he is undoubtedly a good player

Its shows how poor he's been if you have to go that far back to say he's good.