Contracts

GTMLivo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clear by thier standard already that the two lads will be held in high regard at thier clubs.

Only chance of us having Oduwa or Zelalem next season is another loan- which considering the step up in standard and Old Firm return may possibly happen.

I can't really see us getting another loan for Oduwa next season, but I'd be delighted to get Oduwa and Ball back for another year; although I think Oduwa will go either to the Spurs senior squad (depending on his progress with us) or go to a Championship team with a realistic chance for promotion. As for Zelalem, I'd be thinking I had won the Euro Millions if we got him back. :praise: What a player that kid is.

I'm sure that MW & SDW will already be planning ahead for life without these two outstanding youngsters if and when they are recalled by their respective clubs. :pipe:

I can't really see us getting another loan for Oduwa next season, but I'd be delighted to get Oduwa and Ball back for another year; although I think Oduwa will go either to the Spurs senior squad (depending on his progress with us) or go to a Championship team with a realistic chance for promotion. As for Zelalem, I'd be thinking I had won the Euro Millions if we got him back. :praise: What a player that kid is.

I'm sure that MW & SDW will already be planning ahead for life without these two outstanding youngsters if and when they are recalled by their respective clubs. :pipe:

If Zelalem stays past January i will be delighted he is a superb player

I have a feeling Oduwa is going to become the next Haris Vuckic.

Vuvkic - by Newcastles valuation - is a sub £500k player..

Oduwa is already looking more of a player than Vuckic. probably more so than Stuart Armstrong too.. and he was bought for 3 times that.

If Warbs wants magic feet on a permanent deal, its going to be a 7 figure sum

If Zelalem stays past January i will be delighted he is a superb player

He certainly is, kl. I'm not a great fan of having a player at the club for only a few months for the simple reason he is just getting used to the place, the way his team mates play and he has to uproot and leave.

If we can keep him to the end of the season I will be delighted if Wenger agrees to him staying.

Vuvkic - by Newcastles valuation - is a sub £500k player..

Oduwa is already looking more of a player than Vuckic. probably more so than Stuart Armstrong too.. and he was bought for 3 times that.

If Warbs wants magic feet on a permanent deal, its going to be a 7 figure sum

If he doesn't sign a new contract then he is free, but if he does it would be a good 5 mil they would want, cookooland

He certainly is, kl. I'm not a great fan of having a player at the club for only a few months for the simple reason he is just getting used to the place, the way his team mates play and he has to uproot and leave.

If we can keep him to the end of the season I will be delighted if Wenger agrees to him staying.

Agreed mate he is one of the players i love watching most out of our current squad i wont lie i knew nothing about him when we signed him but now i am so happy he is here making memories for us

Oduwa is just one player regardless how talented he is we have to show by example that we can nurture young talent and not try and highjack them from there present club. If we can prove to these clubs this is the place you want to send your young talent we then should have the pick of the best, but in time we should evolve into not requiring loanees but have a conveyor of our own talent

He's here to get game time and go back south to try and get into the first team at Spurs. I'm fairly sure he said that himself at one of his earlier press conferences. No way will he stay up here, not someone with that amount of talent.

I have a feeling Oduwa is going to become the next Haris Vuckic.

No he's got a better chance than Vuckic as he had to do the work in a failing team and what he achieved was excellent in his short time here. There is less pressure on Oduwa as he has a better team unit around him.

If he does as well as Vuckic he will have been a great signing early days yet but he has bags of talent.

Agreed mate he is one of the players i love watching most out of our current squad i wont lie i knew nothing about him when we signed him but now i am so happy he is here making memories for us

I think the reason people get excited about watching him is that nobody has a clue what he's going to do next, not even his fellow players at times, so now our supporters know he isn't just a one trick showboater they will be off their seats every time he gets the ball.

I had heard of him but only because I remembered reading about him on the BBC website when he went to Luton Town as a loan signing on the last day of the transfer window in February and the only reason I took any notice was because of his surname, which reminded me of the old Manfred Mann song "Doowa diddy diddy". :D but I hadn't a clue about him regards if he could play or not.

When I heard he was on our radar the name rung a bell in my head so I did some checking and got the opinion of the Luton boss, John Still who waxed lyrical about him and said virtually the same as Warburton did, which is understandable because John Still and Mark Warburton have many parallels as managers and how the game should be played.

With a bit of luck he will stay for longer than he did with Luton as everything at Ibrox seems to suit him down to the ground...here's hoping :pipe:

I think the reason people get excited about watching him is that nobody has a clue what he's going to do next, not even his fellow players at times, so now our supporters know he isn't just a one trick showboater they will be off their seats every time he gets the ball.

I had heard of him but only because I remembered reading about him on the BBC website when he went to Luton Town as a loan signing on the last day of the transfer window in February and the only reason I took any notice was because of his surname, which reminded me of the old Manfred Mann song "Doowa diddy diddy". :D but I hadn't a clue about him regards if he could play or not.

When I heard he was on our radar the name rung a bell in my head so I did some checking and got the opinion of the Luton boss, John Still who waxed lyrical about him and said virtually the same as Warburton did, which is understandable because John Still and Mark Warburton have many parallels as managers and how the game should be played.

With a bit of luck he will stay for longer than he did with Luton as everything at Ibrox seems to suit him down to the ground...here's hoping :pipe:

Agree - we don't always get it but that's what we pay for isn't it (amongst other things of course) - to see a talent that does something that you never seen coming. Talent on another level.

Agree - we don't always get it but that's what we pay for isn't it (amongst other things of course) - to see a talent that does something that you never seen coming. Talent on another level.

You have summed it up succinctly, markem :thumbup: watching big Oduwa run at defenders 3-4 times in a match is worth the admittance money alone and if we get a finished product that brings a few goals then it's a bonus. :pipe:

Both are out of contract. The most likely to join or consider it I think would be Dominic Ball. He speaks very highly of Warburton (who doesnt) and enjoys working with him and spurs track record of producing young CBs hardly stands out. Old firm and Euro footy would be a big pull. Oduwa maybe but I highly doubt it, however much he looks as if hes enjoying his time here.

What a way to remember the kid lol

I would love to keep him for this season at least and another loan next year would be perfect the kid will be a superstar

Oduwas that good I can see him getting bored with the level of competition in Scotland, id love for him to be offered at least a 2 year contract come the end of the season but i can see the EPL being too big a temptation.