Mccoist Deal Agreed - Club Statement

Brightside

You are sad.

You know fine well why folk hate him.

I don't hate him mate, I'm disappointed in him, disappointed that he was a shit manager, disappointed that he clung onto the job for so long when it was obvious to most he was out his depth, disappointed that he took so fucking long to come to an agreement to terminate his contract, but I can't bring myself to hate a man who gave me so much joy growing up, from his hat trick against the taigs in the League cup final in 83, his Glasgow cup final hat trick, his over head kick against hibs at the piggery in 93, his goal in Leeds, 9 in a row, two golden boots ect......

Disappointed in him but he still is and always will be a club legend.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Agreement could have been reached earlier but it has been difficult for us to get an opportunity to sit together and talk everything through"

The board have been in what 6 months now and done a lot of great work but don't seriously tell me this is the first chance they have had to talk to Ally. Looks like he has another job which he wouldn't have been able to take whilst employed with Rangers still. That will be why he has now decided to speak with the board and agree termination.

As a poster said above Ally could yet prove to be a key figure in the next few months, Maybe afterwards he will return the money he has been paid since handing ion his notice? If not we just move on and leave his management where it belongs in the past.

Of course not .They are all pals with Ally and he is a shareholder .Doesnt make it right but hey ho .Mccoist will be lauded in pretty much no time after the club do the pr job on how difficult his task was .Count on it

I don't hate him mate, I'm disappointed in him, disappointed that he was a shit manager, disappointed that he clung onto the job for so long when it was obvious to most he was out his depth, disappointed that he took so fucking long to come to an agreement to terminate his contract, but I can't bring myself to hate a man who gave me so much joy growing up, from his hat trick against the taigs in the League cup final in 83, his Glasgow cup final hat trick, his over head kick against hibs at the piggery in 93, his goal in Leeds, 9 in a row, two golden boots ect......

Disappointed in him but he still is and always will be a club legend.

I dont "hate" the guy either. Im just gutted whenever I think about him. I spent half my childhood playing football in the street pretending to be Ally McCoist. I met him when I was a boy and was star struck, during admin I always thought id love to meet him again just to thank him. Now if he walked into my local for a pint id probably ignore him.

Aye, he wanted paid for a contract he had signed in good faith? Makes him a prick eh. I don't know about anybody else but I don't know what he actually done wrong.

He did nothing legally wrong.

But I could stand here for days listing the various reasons why it was morally and ethically wrong to continue taking a wage.

Everyone's different I suppose, Ally probably thinks he deserves his wages, others may agree, but I think the vast majority are right in criticising him

I know what you mean but it doesn't establish an emotional connection when you've actually seen and grown up with them being your hero.

Well it should, it's our history - our proud long history. You emotionally connect yourself to it all not the bits you choose - that is what being a Bear means. Just because I never seen Caldow, Baxter or Woodburn play doesn't mean I don't know about what their contribution was to our history. McCoist was a rotten manager, his brand of football would make your eyeballs dry up and fall out..... but he is vilified because he refused to hand back his gardening salary - simple as that - a rotten manager who kept what others offered him.

Hands up if you would hand back your salary - nobody!

I for one will remember him fondly for his contribution to our world record titles, his goals against "them" , his two golden boot awards and the money he must have made us with cup goals and europe....I will remember him also for his poor managerial tenure (much as I want to forget)

others can remember him as a fat leech - your choice

Aye, he wanted paid for a contract he had signed in good faith? Makes him a prick eh. I don't know about anybody else but I don't know what he actually done wrong.

He may have been legally entitled, but hes still a cunt for taking it, and continuing to take it. He may be entitled to the money but he can never again say he put the Club before anything else.

Well it should, it's our history - our proud long history. You emotionally connect yourself to it all not the bits you choose - that is what being a Bear means. Just because I never seen Caldow, Baxter or Woodburn play doesn't mean I don't know about what their contribution was to our history. McCoist was a rotten manager, his brand of football would make your eyeballs dry up and fall out..... but he is vilified because he refused to hand back his gardening salary - simple as that - a rotten manager who kept what others offered him.

Hands up if you would hand back your salary - nobody!

I for one will remember him fondly for his contribution to our world record titles, his goals against "them" , his two golden boot awards and the money he must have made us with cup goals and europe....I will remember him also for his poor managerial tenure (much as I want to forget)

others can remember him as a fat leech - your choice

Yes but they didn't ruin their legacy by managing the club poorly and blaming things like we never had a pre season, there is not much difference between part time and full time football players etc so it's totally different. Younger bears like myself remember Ally as a manager.

What do you mean nobody would hand back a salary? Paul Le Guen left the club without a payoff