Would We Want Europe Next Season?

How many have they won in a row? 4? Theyve no chance of 10, calm down. If we're not going to win it in the next 6 years then getting into Europes hardly going to make much of a difference. They'll get maybe 6 or 7 but no way will they win another 6 with us in the league.

The cunts are struggling to stay at the top of the league even without us, theyre fucking shite.

Europe spreads our name and brand across the world, exposes our players to potential buyers, brings in plenty of money for the club, and is fantastic for the morale of the players, fans and everyone assosciated with the club. Not to mention us getting a good Euro run would make the tarriers sick.

Bring on Europe as soon as possible

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading the comments from King, Warburton and Law regarding the scottish cup and it being an entry route to europe and it got me thinking.

Would we really want that step next season?

Positives:

Return of European football

Increase revenue and ability to attract sponsors etc

Feel good factor returning

Negatives:

Distraction ===higher profile in Europe; back on the radar of other players who want to go to a club on the up.

Increased demand on squad=== MW will increase the squad to match the demands

Could lead to a need to increased squad=== as above (more saleable assets in the shop window )

Detract slightly from return to top flight.=== more big games.

Obviously hypothetical but just curious what other bears thought when you think about the bigger picture.

I'm not sure this thread should be taken seriously

Oh I was 100% serious and meant my original post.

My opinion may not sit well with many but next year all I want is a team competing in the league. Cups are even a secondary concern.

European nights are special and can't wait to see us back there, but also don't want to see us not able to compete, over spending and doing so having a detrimental impact on league form.

I get the whole rational of us competing on all levels, but we also have a lot of idiot fans with ambition far ahead of capability and fully expect to here the vocal discomfort if we were to get into Europe and then suffer some poor defeats.

How many have they won in a row? 4? Theyve no chance of 10, calm down. If we're not going to win it in the next 6 years then getting into Europes hardly going to make much of a difference. They'll get maybe 6 or 7 but no way will they win another 6 with us in the league.

The cunts are struggling to stay at the top of the league even without us, theyre fucking shite.

Europe spreads our name and brand across the world, exposes our players to potential buyers, brings in plenty of money for the club, and is fantastic for the morale of the players, fans and everyone assosciated with the club. Not to mention us getting a good Euro run would make the tarriers sick.

Bring on Europe as soon as possible

Thought it was 5, going on 6 likely? Might be totally wrong though.

Bring on Europe anyway!

Celtic on a countdown to 9/10 in a row. We must stop them.

Could be argued that with Europe there's more potential for dropped points in the league, particularly with a good run in the Europa league (see our UEFA cup final journey).

I personally think there's more to gain, more money, more excitement, bigger and better squad - but I understand the question.

That is bollocks.

Fuck Celtic. I don't fucking care about them. I only care about us.

And they won't win 10 in a row anyway.

Would we want it? We will fuckin own it!!!

Seriously though, I would just love to see how MW would set us up. Not expecting miracles, but I think he would have us playing with quite some flair and going for it and less of parking the bus Walter style. I for one would relish it.

Its a rather large ask but one that we can achieve if we continue to develop and get better but I would prefer if the players and those at the club focused on the main target and left their opinions on these matters private. To many times during the last three seasons have we seen others at the club shouting the odds and we end upp with egg on our faces.

Lets go about our business quietly and efficiently.

The sooner we get back to playing in Europe the better. It's a no brainer really with so many benefits. Prestige, excitement and increased revenues meaning more investment in the team, why would you not want that ? The Europa League has some tasty teams in it and it would be good to do battle with a Spurs, a Dortmund or a Marseille. Also we need to start building those co-efficient points back up again so that when we do win the league in the future our Champion's League qualifiers are as smooth as possible. Just imagine the noise inside Ibrox when we make our European return. It will be glorious.

Just been reading the comments from King, Warburton and Law regarding the scottish cup and it being an entry route to europe and it got me thinking.

Would we really want that step next season?

Positives:

Return of European football

Increase revenue and ability to attract sponsors etc

Feel good factor returning

Negatives:

Distraction

Increased demand on squad

Could lead to a need to increased squad

Detract slightly from return to top flight.

Obviously hypothetical but just curious what other bears thought when you think about the bigger picture.

I wouldn't believe it if you told me any bear doesn't want to see European nights return to ibrox. That's all I have wanted every season since the last time we were in Europe.

I don't think it would distract the then goal of challangimg for the title either. The players would be going into every game wit the same mentality, to win - regardless of the tournament, and take each game as it comes.

There wouldn't be a demand on the squad either, January will see quality come in and during the summer if European football is on the cards I think king + w&w will make sure tree have what we need.

Winning a domestic cup is not unfeasible given some of the diddy teams who have won them in recent years, plus we all know the mhanks bottle cup finals at Hampden. If we won the Scottish cup I would have every confidence in Warburton to guide us into the group stages of the Europa League. We probably wouldn't be ultra competitive the first year but it would show the world that we are still breathing and on the way back.

The sooner we give Warburton a crack at Europe the easier it will be to keep hold of him ~ so yes. The sooner the better.

Yeah, and we'd be going in at a fairly low level what with Scottish teams efforts these past few years. What a great way to get us used to European football again. And if we managed to get through a couple of rounds, we could just go for it. Nothing to lose type of football and a great experience builder.