Wes Foderingham

WATBB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to Driving and Football probably not a lot, about the same as me when it comes to cooking and gardening :( , that's why my wife does them. :lol:

I'm a brilliant driver but not so good a gardener!

Hats off to Jason Naismith. Good sportsmanship to acknowledge another teams player when he does well.

Some outstanding saves and possibly the man of the match. Without a doubt, we would have lost that game without big Wes.

That said, there were two times he put us in trouble with poor distribution (one ended up with Ball having a fight :) and the other the pass out was (should that not be a foul?) intercepted). He also played the ball a few times to a player who was not clear so the player had to make a hurried clearance/pass because of it.

As they said on the EPL commentary today, a good good keeper saves you at least 10 points a season....!

I agree mate, although on an offtopic note - I'm slightly mystified as to why all the pundits say a good keeper saves you "12-18" points a season, it's not as if they have done research for those figures, they have just plucked them out of the sky and they it has clicked on lol. I dont know why they chose 12-18 particularly

Excellent goalkeeper. Very comfortable with crosses and a great shot-stopper too.

We, as a club have been blessed with some of the finest goalkeepers.

Woods, Goram, Charbonier was great in his short stint, Klos, McGregor.

This guy could be right up there.

I say that because before he needed to be concentrating to make his one or two saves a game, and he made some cracking saves.

Today he was required much much more, and never let his concentration up either.

He's been a player thats not really shone because we've been attacking more than defending but today he showed what he is capable of throughout the 90mins, if he keeps that level of consistency up then I'm sure he'll be next in the long line of great keepers we've had in the last thirty years.