A Question Of Priorities

D'Artagnan

There are 2 threads in the boardroom section about protests & retail deals with, as it stands, 44 pages between them bear arguing with bear.

Meanwhile following the COS decision last week there is a movement amongst Rangers haters and certain elements of the media to have us stripped of titles and cups.

Really does make you wonder what is important.

I'd say they were both important.

We don't and shouldn't accept any titles being stripped from us, and we should be trying to maximise our income, not be giving it away.

I do agree with one thing though, there seems to be a lot of unnecessary arguing amongst ourselves.

Team on the park for me.

The boardroom section does its job and allows folk who could start a fight in an empty hoose a place to argue.

I wouldn't even give any credence to title stripping nonsense, how the fuck can you punish or call cheats a football team retrospectively? when what we did was legal , done in good faith and out in the open for all to see at the time we did it.

Ffs it Its taken 14 years, changes in legislation, a tribunal and two subsequent appeals to decide otherwise.

The mutants can froth all they want its idiocy to even suggest it.

Obviously the op's on line persona puts him in the front line of defence for the club, but its not something I'm that concerned about actually happening.

Sleuth "too much petty bickering in the Boardroom section ? " topic.

Answer is probably yes. But the times are frustrating.

Once Mr Warburton completes his plan the magic hat will make the RM "Boardroom Discussion " forum disappear in a puff of smoke.

Sleuth "too much petty bickering in the Boardroom section ? " topic.

Answer is probably yes. But the times are frustrating.

When you consider the supposed schism in our support going back the last few years, when some of the bear on bear stuff posted was heartbreaking to see, we're probably as united as we've been since 2012, largely because of whats went right on the pitch.

The team on the park should always be the priority, get that right and everything else follows.

Help admin, Bears' Den now being infested with boardroom talk, get it shifted back.

There's more important stuff to be discussed in here like slagging off old managers, whether Clark is worth keeping, whether John Eustace will be signed before 2020, reminiscing on the good old days of macaroon bars and wee blue disabled cars, and whether the Alloa manager needs a make-over or not.

My personal opinion is the EBT thing is of far greater importance. Much because i don't think there is a lot we can do about Ashley until the deal he has in place with us expires. I'll admit i don't know the ins and outs of it but if he has signed a deal then there isn't a lot we can do. Appealing to Ashley's good side or having a protest in one of his shops is not worth the time. How long has he been at Newcastle? He doesn't give a shit.

The EBT thing is doing my head in. I expected HMRC to lose. I want this to go to the High Court and be done for but Listening to Brittney on BBC Scotland after the game (I wasn't in control of the radio so don't have a go) he said it doesn't look like we (or Murray) will appeal it?

My personal opinion is the EBT thing is of far greater importance. Much because i don't think there is a lot we can do about Ashley until the deal he has in place with us expires. I'll admit i don't know the ins and outs of it but if he has signed a deal then there isn't a lot we can do. Appealing to Ashley's good side or having a protest in one of his shops is not worth the time. How long has he been at Newcastle? He doesn't give a shit.

The EBT thing is doing my head in. I expected HMRC to lose. I want this to go to the High Court and be done for but Listening to Brittney on BBC Scotland after the game (I wasn't in control of the radio so don't have a go) he said it doesn't look like we (or Murray) will appeal it?

Dunno, I'm just trying to figure whether it is acceptable for a football manager to wear brown shoes with a dark blue suit.

Have you defected from the Boardroom forum too ?

It's the same old posters in the boardroom section keeping it going and arguing with other Bears, they need to learn to let it go!

Okay all you ex boardroom debaters who are trying to infiltrate the Bear's Den, you've been told......you need to be on your best behaviour in here.

Can't be bothered with the boardroom. Wannabe tax experts & politicians who argue with one another. I now live overseas and don't feel I have a proper say on those matters. BD for me where i can read about and sometimes comment about what matters the most - football.

Like I said on another thread it's actually the BBC who are pushing for it. I was watching Sportscene last night and after the Rangers game they were asking questions about "stripping titles" and labelling us "cheats". Need to ban them once and for all as there is a clear bias in their reporting. Was looking forward to their condemning of the tarriers in Dingwall who chanted IRA songs and booed through the minute silence. They must still be writing the report!!!!!!