King Billy Tea Towels

Jakes Pal

Watching some vintage Gers videos, when the camera pans to The Derry all you can see is long hair, rwb scarves and King Billy tea towels.

I was very young, 5 or 6 when I stood on the Derry (on my Old Mans shoulders) for the first time and I consider myself to be priveleged to be old enough to remember Ibrox as it was before the magnificent upgrading took place.(Thank you Mr Waddell)

I still have the scarf I wore that day. Silk on the inside red white and bue pin strip, the Rangers crest adorned with a pair of wings.

They don't make scarves like that any more.

If there is anyone who can upload any images of those old style scarves, I would be very grateful.

Jakes pal...thanks for the memories. For all the younger bears on RM you would have loved the Ibrox in the old days. The Old Derry was the place where the nutters congregated. Started all the songs going and everyone in there was usually blooterd. If you were in there and passed a comment such as " c'mon Rangers, this is shit" you'd be spitting teeth for a week. Not for the faint hearted.

In the late 60's if you went to Ibrox you were one of the glorious. No Surrender and absolutely committed. Fuckin loved it. Cheers mate.

Jakes pal...thanks for the memories. For all the younger bears on RM you would have loved the Ibrox in the old days. The Old Derry was the place where the nutters congregated. Started all the songs going and everyone in there was usually blooterd. If you were in there and passed a comment such as " c'mon Rangers, this is shit" you'd be spitting teeth for a week. Not for the faint hearted.

In the late 60's if you went to Ibrox you were one of the glorious. No Surrender and absolutely committed. Fuckin loved it. Cheers mate.