*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I really don't see the point in flat racing anymore....we would be aswell as just giving that wee crooked O'Brien cunt all the prize money...it's as boring as fuck now...you know 9/10 one of his horses will win the classics in England and Ireland 

Don't get that at all mate. As a punter your job is to try to work out when his outsiders might win and when his other horses won't. If necessary avoid all races he enters something in, but don't give up ffs!

Plenty to bet on that APO doesn't bother with.

What I think happened yesterday was just a decent mind game. When one of his horses went way off on a mad one like that everyone probably thought he was doing his usual, sending an outsider to make pace for one or two of his other horses. That's why they didn't follow it.

It's devious, but it's also brilĺiant

6 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Don't get that at all mate. As a punter your job is to try to work out when his outsiders might win and when his other horses won't. If necessary avoid all races he enters something in, but don't give up ffs!

Plenty to bet on that APO doesn't bother with.

That's the thing bud...take the Derby yesterday, I eliminated English King & Mogul straight away because of the draw...I then put a line through Kameko when I heard that it was a hundred odd years since the same 2 horses did the Guineas/Oaks-Derby double.....with 3 legs in out the 4 I had a feeling we wouldn't witness history 

So I have eradicated the first 3 in the betting so far so good.....still thinking that APO will win the Derby  I'm left with 3 to pick from...Paul Smith son of Derek Smith of Ballydoyle was asked what was the best horse they had out the quartet....he waxes lyrical about how good Vatican city was....he did lay doubt to whether it would get the trip(surely APO knows it will get the trip) not a word about serpentine.....once the race is over he boldly claims that "we knew serpentine would stay all day long " now call me suspicious but he is leading punters towards backing Vatican city (which I did, I got what I deserved with the name) rather than putting out the information that could have swayed me to backing a 25/1 winner

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Just getting in to the swing of skybet.

do you request your own bets mate? I’ve just been using the popular request a bets 

DD412B62-180F-41B0-8F00-5C745A940E82.jpeg

I do sometimes. It's a bit of a pain sometimes though as you quite often want to wait for the team line ups so you're requesting a bet 50 minutes before kick off, then you sometimes don't get a response until just before kick off.

I use SkyBet and Betfair. I find Betfair give you better odds, generally speaking on the shots market. You can also build your shots bet on Betfair ( you don't really need to 'request' a bet, you can just build it yourself). Betfair give you cash out options too.

Skybet are good for the player shots on target special, combined markets though.

On 01/06/2020 at 08:07, glasgow argyle said:

Good to know, as I have W.B.A in several bets at various prices up to 10/1,  so every chance,  better than settling at current placings unless you have Leeds United to win

I am ready to concede W.B.A  won't win the title,  they have some really tough fixtures coming up,  right now I would settle for 3rd place to get a few e.w. bets up, Brentford and Fulham are in form any knowing my luck could push W.B.A into 4th,  Leeds United look to have much easier run in,  unless they blow up again,  but it's not all over until the fat lady sings 

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

That’s coming in btw 

318B4BE2-9D8E-4DF0-AD3F-C5670945F07B.jpeg

When you don't do shot bets you assume all the top teams and strikers shoot all the time, and surely must also get loads on target.

However over the last month or so I've realised how very little they do when doing the shots market. Barcelona and Real are surprisingly lacking in shots taken. They fanny about far too much!

Such a head fuck market. Exciting though and I will persevere! You almost want a team to go behind or take an early lead just so they go all out attack.

Taking a slight backseat just now though unless I see something that appeals. So hard to predict with loads of teams not having much to play for, 5 subs pish, injuries and no fans etc. I'm probably too greedy as well and should try to keep it simple.

That said the Watford one you had is probably the best value for money type of bet. Big odds, low stake and you only need a handful of shots.

Okay my slight backseat his been altered! Surely there is money to be made with a Real side going for the title against an Alaves side featuring Oliver Burke! Will probs do a few shot bets on including the followingCasemiro, Kroos, Modric and Vasquez. Some decent value.

Noticed there's a horse in the last race at Newmarket today with the same name as one of our very own posters Keyser Soze if anyone's interested, Know fuck all about horses myself but just enjoy an occasional flutter so it's no a tip 😂 but fwiw I've had a couple of quid on it at 25/1