Poor Harkins - it's all our fault (again)

Bears

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More hypocrisy from the haters. Its ok for them to have a laugh alongside a window licker like the queer bhoy who makes the Village People look straight. We wanted to have banter about timetables for the ferry to the republic and we are classed sectarian and they squealed from the rooftops to any one who would listen. His lot took the banter out of it a long time ago. But they better get used to being embarrassed about their place in Scottish Football as Rangers will be there to remind them of their past next season and you can feel them getting edgy. :uk::lol:

Ahh I see, sense of humour, ha ha ha. I get it now, robbed blind by crooks, thrown down to the bottom of scottish football, made to feel like utter scum by an entire nation, but it's time to laugh again folks. Us rangers fan's just can't take a joke. fucking dimwits 

The governing bodies that run the game all agree we are the same club, yet a so called national newspaper that lost any credibility along time ago by blatantly pandering to one half of glasgow continues to run crap like the harkins non-story simply to have a dig at Rangers fans, we can all take a sly dig on social media and from friends, lets face it we would be doing the same if the situation was reversed, however this drivel is getting spouted by haters that claim to be journalists, harkins was used by a cunt that simply cant hide his hate of all things Rangers, i don't give a fuck if it was mean't to be a joke or not...why in the fuck did it make the papers in the first place is what i'm concerned with!, backlash? wtf did you expect?

Quick look at the SPFLRangers page is one of the many ends put to the "debate". Facts come before mhanks or fans hopeful opinion.Love whenever it's a dig at Rangers or its fans we should just deal with the jolly craic. Funny I don't remember anyone seeing the satire in the famine song.

4 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Exactly.  If there had been anything to debate it was a debate to be held by Rangers fans and Rangers fans alone.  Nobody else.

Don't think you get the point, mate. UEFA, SFA, ASA et al have all said we are the same club. That is the point being made. Debate has been settled long ago, only some brain-dead can't, or won't, understand it.

5 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Don't think you get the point, mate. UEFA, SFA, ASA et al have all said we are the same club. That is the point being made. Debate has been settled long ago, only some brain-dead can't, or won't, understand it.

I fully understand what you say but my point stands.

"They’ll have finished painting the Forth Road Bridge well before there is any agreement reached over the irrelevant oldco, newco debate."

Two points about this. One,this "player" and a vast amount of supporters of other clubs,are attempting to wipe 140 years of our club's history from the map,and in the case of the pacific shelfers are doing so in order to gain the status of becoming this countries most successful football club by default..rather like the way their shameless club will use any manner of means to progress in Europe. In my view,as a passionate Rangers supporter,this is far from "irrelevant". And the second point,and I am quite sure the writer of the above drivel knows it all to well,is there is NO debate. UEFA,The SPFL,SFA,FIFA,ASA (twice,after consulting both UEFA and the SFA),The European Club Assoc (who granted us associate membership because were founding members of the ECA in 2008) Lords Nimmo Smith and Glennie,ffs even my friggin wee red book,have all categorically stated Rangers FC 1872 continues,history intact,indeed the Chief Executive of the SPFL made the point of stating this in an attempt to put this nonsense to bed.  Yet certain "journalists",who as I said I'm quite sure know all of this,seem intent in carrying this utter claptrap on,in fact when Harkins made his ridiculous comments I noticed the majority made the "Rangers fans insist it's the same club" stuff without of course pointing out that we do so for all the reasons I mentioned above,not just some romantic viewpoint. The only way in my humble opinion to finally put this to bed (I'm talking about the "journalists" and the other clubs here,not the "fans" of the clubs who have been driven into a state of hate filled apoplectic fury due to Rangers still being here and are beyond reasoned thought),is for Rangers to seek a full statement from UEFA on the club's status then issue it publicly. And keep issuing it until this tripe stops.

Making a pitch to become patron saint of the “Rangers are dead brigade” amongst Celtic followers wasn’t the intention .

The last thing he would have wanted is to become the poster boy for Hoops fans who obsess with the Ibrox minutiae.

That's exactly what he wanted, he's from Greenock and went to a school called Our Lady or whatever. He can't play for his beloved hoops as he's too shit, but he can endear himself to their fanbase with the shite he came out with.

I think this story has definitely told us Gordon Parks is a fud.

1 minute ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Actually, maybe I'm wrong about Gordon Parks, after all, he did say that Celtic fans are obsessed with us. Maybe I made a misstep over the view that Harkins wasn't trying to put the boot in, but rather was having a firmly tongue in cheek laugh.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

10 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

when title 55 is won, i dare any of these taig infested rhags to claim its our 1st...go on ya bead rattling mhinks!!!

The tabloids themselves will not but they will publish any "story" by any no mark player or ex player who says this,as well as allowing any "blogger" who writes for them to state this also,indeed just after the Harkins crap was published the Record allowed a Celtic blogger who publishes in their rag to write a lengthy piece stating Harkins was correct,Rangers died and the current club is a new entity. Knowing full well of course the entire piece was sheer fiction. As I said earlier,i really think we need our club to get involved in this. I'm sorry but I just cannot go along with those who advocate ignoring it or who say "we know the truth that is all that matters",sorry but no..when someone is allowed to publish utter fiction about my club which is read by thousands,and who basically attempts to eradicate 140 years of my clubs history from the map,in my opinion this should not be ignored. And I want the club I support,the 144 year old club with an illustrious history,to become involved in this.

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

Sorry, but what point was that?

The point being that if there was any debate on this, it was the Rangers fans decision to make.  It is great that the organisations and authorities you mention have ultimately backed us but the 40-50 thousand Rangers fans packing into Ibrox in August 2012 didn't need them to tell us we were still watching the Rangers.  

And to think, in years to come, he'll look back fondly on the highlight of his career will be having a few hundred fans at Ibrox, amid a sell-out crowd, chanting, "Gerry Hargreaves! Who is he? Who is he?"

He obviously doesn't mean it other than as a joke, since, when Alloa narrowed the pitch,  he never contested his team-mate's contention Rangers did the same under Souness.

22 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

The point being that if there was any debate on this, it was the Rangers fans decision to make.  It is great that the organisations and authorities you mention have ultimately backed us but the 40-50 thousand Rangers fans packing into Ibrox in August 2012 didn't need them to tell us we were still watching the Rangers.  

Completely wrong. Whatever Rangers fans said would have as much legitimacy as what the great unwashed are saying. It was not the fans decision to make, it was the various authorities and that decision has been made so there should be no more arguments. This whole matter could have been finalised if Lawwell hadn't tried, and failed, to be clever at their AGM. All he had to say was something along the lines of, although it is not what we hoped for, the authorities have confirmed that Rangers are not a new club and we shall just have to live with it. Instead, he stirred it up and, in my opinion, should have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

5 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Completely wrong. Whatever Rangers fans said would have as much legitimacy as what the great unwashed are saying. It was not the fans decision to make, it was the various authorities and that decision has been made so there should be no more arguments. This whole matter could have been finalised if Lawwell hadn't tried, and failed, to be clever at their AGM. All he had to say was something along the lines of, although it is not what we hoped for, the authorities have confirmed that Rangers are not a new club and we shall just have to live with it. Instead, he stirred it up and, in my opinion, should have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

And if the authorities had decide to rule the other way, we would all have given up our season tickets then?

Legitimacy is a nice to have and helps when arguing the matter in pubs, forums, etc.  Ultimately, all that matters is that the fans in their thousands continue to follow their team - because it's the same team in their eyes.