*** Pre-Fundraiser Notification

govanblue

So after much deliberation, I've decided it's time to retire from the Fund.  I think it's run its course, and judging by the lack of posts on the Fundraiser thread, I think it's lost its novelty value.  Luckily it achieved all its aims before that though. (tu)

The only issue is that it will leave us with no money to spend on our Veterans next season. :(

So to get round that, what I want to do is to start the Mother of all End-of-Season Fundraisers, and nail you all for every penny you've got right now. :thumbup:

If we're lucky, we'll raise enough money to buy some season tickets for Erskine for next season. Then we can all just sit back and put our feet up. (tu)

Whaddya think?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

I think it would be a great shame if you give it up, it galvanises the community spirit on here, uniting in a worthy cause.

Since all the mechanisms are in place, there's nothing to stop it being continued as a collective effort, and I would hope it would.  All it takes is for enough Members to volunteer to do a little bit each every now and then. I've got all the instruction manuals. :D

12 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Why dont we just have a veterans fund?

What do you mean exactly?  

well we have various Erskine fund raisers, why dont we lump them all together in a veterans fund. Everyone enjoys seeing the old fellas happy and knowing we done something to make their life brighter, so we focus on that, plenty pictures and feedback. I think you have done sterling work and should be commended but too many going at the one time will wear you down eventually. Why not just have 2 funds the usual rangers one and a veterans one.

49 minutes ago, ZZed said:

well we have various Erskine fund raisers, why dont we lump them all together in a veterans fund. Everyone enjoys seeing the old fellas happy and knowing we done something to make their life brighter, so we focus on that, plenty pictures and feedback. I think you have done sterling work and should be commended but too many going at the one time will wear you down eventually. Why not just have 2 funds the usual rangers one and a veterans one.

In theory, that's what we do have.  The Erskine Fund and the Sponsors' Fund.    3 fundraisers per season

oh, and the Medals Scheme

and the Merchandise Scheme

and the Ticket Scheme

and the Lotto Scheme

and the Brick Scheme

Yeah, I get your point now. :P 

2 hours ago, govanblue said:

So after much deliberation, I've decided it's time to retire from the Fund.  I think it's run its course, and judging by the lack of posts on the Fundraiser thread, I think it's lost its novelty value.  Luckily it achieved all its aims before that though. (tu)

The only issue is that it will leave us with no money to spend on our Veterans next season. :(

So to get round that, what I want to do is to start the Mother of all End-of-Season Fundraisers, and nail you all for every penny you've got right now. :thumbup:

If we're lucky, we'll raise enough money to buy some season tickets for Erskine for next season. Then we can all just sit back and put our feet up. (tu)

Whaddya think?

Your efforts have been outstanding G B, and no one apart from yourself really knows the work involved. (tu)

Will be delighted to contribute to the fund again this season, how do we donate if PayPal is still not available ?? 

(tu)

13 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Your efforts have been outstanding G B, and no one apart from yourself really knows the work involved. (tu)

Will be delighted to contribute to the fund again this season, how do we donate if PayPal is still not available ?? 

(tu)

PayPal is now available. (tu)

So we can launch the End Of Season Fundraiser as soon as we're ready.

I just thought it would be an idea to get some of the talking done here first.

ie do we consider this as just a small-donation, end-of season top up, like previous ones, or do we in fact consider this as the main (and only) 2016/2017 Season Fundraiser, and try to raise enough money to finance all of next season's obligations in advance?

13 minutes ago, govanblue said:

PayPal is now available. (tu)

So we can launch the End Of Season Fundraiser as soon as we're ready.

I just thought it would be an idea to get some of the talking done here first.

ie do we consider this as just a small-donation, end-of season top up, like previous ones, or do we in fact consider this as the main (and only) 2016/2017 Season Fundraiser, and try to raise enough money to finance all of next season's obligations in advance?

I can see the PayPal button now, that is good news. (tu)

If you can keep it open for a s long as possible into the summer then some might feel better putting in two payments and I am sure it will be 'bumped' well to keep it near the top of the front page. That is my tuppence worth, at the moment. :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

GB fishing for compliments here I think. :P

Honestly mate you've done a solid job with all your fundraising efforts and you'll be missed.

And I still need to get you that box of books I have in my spare room.

:P

There may indeed be some fishing going on, but it's not for compliments - or donations! :P 

The main point of this though is that I didn't think it would be fair of me to start a Fundraiser for next season if members were under the impression that I'd be able to sustain it at these levels for a whole 'nother year! 

So if members do want to see the Fund's work support our Veterans (and Youth Development) next season, then they probably need to commit the cash for that this season. ;)

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

If you can keep it open for a s long as possible into the summer then some might feel better putting in two payments and I am sure it will be 'bumped' well to keep it near the top of the front page. That is my tuppence worth*, at the moment. :thumbup:

* minus PayPal fee

Yes, I imagine that's what we'll do. (tu)

11 hours ago, govanblue said:

:P

There may indeed be some fishing going on, but it's not for compliments - or donations! :P 

The main point of this though is that I didn't think it would be fair of me to start a Fundraiser for next season if members were under the impression that I'd be able to sustain it at these levels for a whole 'nother year! 

So if members do want to see the Fund's work support our Veterans (and Youth Development) next season, then they probably need to commit the cash for that this season. ;)

I'll do the Rangers tv again for Anniesland next season mate so chalk that up.