Buy a Rising Stars ticket from the shouty woman

See a win :D

Get a few autographs after the game whilst the car park clears

Home for a takeaway

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised at the amount that drive to the games on here, no wonder so many RSCs have chucked it over the past few years.

Also illustrates how many boring bastards are on here.

My routine is getting to be a bad habit, take care of my Saturday morning, then come one o'clock it's go time, hook up wae the lads at my gaff, sink a few beers, wallop a few patsys, leave at 2pm then walk along PRW, hit the first offys for an ice cold half dig of "who the fuck you looking at", wallop that on the way to the next offys, grab another for the final push to the stadium then it's in we go, cheer on the queens eleven (always seem to miss a goal) then off at 80 mins assuming we're well ahead otherwise stay to the death, another wee visit to the offys at the bottom of the stairs down fae the superstore for a celebratory half dig for the walk to the Kensington, sink a few then it's the bellrock next, a few more, stop into the red lion for one, then the viceroy for one or two and by the time I reach the Angel and the quayside for a beer for the road I'm on autopilot. Thank fuck the seasons nearly over. Need to break this cycle, I'm starting to feel my age lol.

On 29 March 2016 at 9:32 AM, The Ibrox Derry said:

What's your Ibrox Match Day Routine? (I will refrain from using the word Ritual as we leave that sort of voodoo and Babylonian behaviour to our East End counterparts).

For me I always travel by subway, i love the atmosphere in the City Centre on Saturday afternoons and the hustle and bustle of the Underground, then walking up the Copland Road, the buzz has never changed, I always arrive now in plenty of time as I like to take a stroll round the stadium, buy a programme, have a swatch at the vendors scarfs, flags, hats etc. Sometimes pop into the megastore just to have a chuckle at the prices, have a burger and chips then head into the Stadium.

Two pints in the local,get on bus,two pints at the Angel,watch the game

get on bus two pints in local and home.check the Bears Den, and bed.

Couple of pints in our local, catch bus, off bus at Red Lion, three pints then taxi to match, after match, sit in traffic taking 45 min to get over the squinty bridge, then head home, often via the aforementioned local.

Next year it will need to change, as the Red Lion is closing :power_of_anguish:

Drive to game two hours before kick off to get my good parking spot. Sit in the car on here with heart and hand or talk sport on. Head to game , put on a wee line and get some pies. Head up the road and have a booze. None of my mates are that into going to the games so always quite a solitary thing for me. It's the way I like it tbh, nothing worse than someone talking to you all through the game. 

Not exactly a routine but at one point in almost every match my Dad and I will shout "get eez name you!!" at the ref at the exact same time and in the same tone and all the folk around us have a chuckle and I get a brass neck :lol:

Leave the house at 2 and parked up by 2.30 in the car park opposite the old Rangers shop. 

As a kid it was either the 89 or 90 bus, the one that does a tour off Glasgow or subway then I used to park over the motorway behind the swallow hotel as I got older and a car 

But as some said walking down the Copland rd or Paisley Rd is really something special from looking up to your da holding his hand will live with me till my dying days.

Ibrox is a special stadium and the built quality is second to none, but if or when we could afford I would like another level on the Govan sloping down to meet the Copland and broomland stands with the corners filled and  more corporate boxes. Reface the govan stand, take off the brown and change it to royal blue just to brighten it up.

To me that is the Ibrox of the future just build on what we have bump it up to between 57,000 to 65,000

9 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Drive to game two hours before kick off to get my good parking spot. Sit in the car on here with heart and hand or talk sport on. Head to game , put on a wee line and get some pies. Head up the road and have a booze. None of my mates are that into going to the games so always quite a solitary thing for me. It's the way I like it tbh, nothing worse than someone talking to you all through the game. 

I agree with the talking during games, the amount of games I've missed coz I went with pure chatter boxes is unreal, plenty of time for chat before and after games and half time. In fact I have actually switched my season ticket a couple of times because of this. No harm to folk, but I prefer to focus on the football and chat when it's suitable to do so lol

4 hours ago, Wednesday Loyal said:

Get up at 4.30 

Catch 5.05 bus into Sheffield

Catch 6.11 train change at Manchester Piccadilly open first can drink rest of stash

Arrive Glasgow 10.25 

Crystal Palace  to meet pals

PRW  for a swally

Ibrox for the game

What time do you get home at night? Must be a late one for you mate

9 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Leave the house at 2 and parked up by 2.30 in the car park opposite the old Rangers shop. 

As a kid it was either the 89 or 90 bus, the one that does a tour off Glasgow or subway then I used to park over the motorway behind the swallow hotel as I got older and a car 

But as some said walking down the Copland rd or Paisley Rd is really something special from looking up to your da holding his hand will live with me till my dying days.

Ibrox is a special stadium and the built quality is second to none, but if or when we could afford I would like another level on the Govan sloping down to meet the Copland and broomland stands with the corners filled and  more corporate boxes. Reface the govan stand, take off the brown and change it to royal blue just to brighten it up.

To me that is the Ibrox of the future just build on what we have bump it up to between 57,000 to 65,000

If they put another tier on the Govan, Copland and Broomloan would that, say for talking sake, add around 15,000 to the capacity??

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If they put another tier on the Govan, Copland and Broomloan would that, say for talking sake, add around 15,000 to the capacity??

The only stand that can take another level is the Govan, keep the stands behind the goals the same size but fill the corners in and bring the govan down to meet those two stands tastefully   

Me and the cousin get a train from Newcastle at half 9 have a few cans of Stella while picking a losing coupon,get into Glasgow queen street half 12ish then go to all bar one for a couple more then get subway to ibrox,I go get the burgers for the walk to Wee Rangers club for couple more beers,go take our seats,watch us win,go get a bottle of wine for journey back to Newcastle,chat one load of shit for 3 hours,have a few more in Newcastle then go home with a dirty kebab pished as fuck

good times ??

3 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Go on the bus to all away games, usually work at 5/6 on Saturdays when we're playing at home, means I can't get blootered lol

When I take the car I normally park in Mosspark Boulevard as well. Makes it so much easier to jump on the motorway and get back over this way.

Different routine for different places! Falkirk days it was local orange hall, bus then Govan halls, Blie Star or even going back years before would`ve been the Grenadiers band hall that use to be in the industrial estate upstairs.....If ye know... lol match, then a messy day afterwards all over from the Grapes to the Bristol..

Belfast routine is more complicated! Usually night before if Sat/Sun game if possible, flights depending again on price, other Belfast to Cairnryan Stena, Bus from Cairnryan to Glasgow, the rest takes up nearly 2 days of my time following the team i love, work depending!

Would`nt change it for nothing.

See the ones saying they hate sitting next to people that talk to you and go to games yourself, how fucking bored must you be every other week?  I sit next to my two cousins, and if they gave it up I'd move next to my pals because fuck sitting at Ibrox yourself every second week, it would bore the arse off me.