BBC News Report

Misteral

21 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I wouldn't give them too much credit.

Some reports are still saying "Rangers went into liquidation". 

That's just factually incorrect.

The administrator, Duff & Phelps, sold the Club and all it comprised to Green's consortium.

The liquidator, BDO, were appointed by HRMC, then took over oldco from Duff & Phelps (in order to investigate the wrongs of Craig Whyte), before starting the liquidation process which, last I heard, had not been completed.

In essence, the Club were then treated wrongly by the SPL clubs, who acted against their own SPL rules at the time, as it should have been a boardroom decision. However, fecklessness and bitterness combined to allow a hasty rewrite of those rules, as other clubs' fans demanded a false justice for an imaginary crime. 

To be frank, I didn't feel celebratory last night. I considered it merely as the end of both a false "incarceration" and a miscarriage of justice. Sorry to be the proverbial wet blanket, but I have a long memory. 

Hopefully you wont be going to any away games next year. Lead the charge!

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It was the 'big' news mate - national, proper reporting.  First time I've seen anything like that for years!

compare and contrast with the BBC Scotland short, grudging snidey piece by Gollum - his voice added on to pics from Ibrox cos he wisnae there, small minded cretins

Gollum's in a darkened room as we speak self harming with the realization the teddy bears are back.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Radio Scotland just about to have (yet another) discussion about us.  Wonder if it will be the usual barely disguised bile or balanced reporting?

I listened to about 3 or 4 minutes before switching off mate. Stupid cow that was presenting asking the question: "Is Rangers back in the Premiership good for Scottish Football?". How the f*ck would it not be? doh Then caller after caller coming out with all the 'new club' pish. Had to laugh at the guy from Inverness who stated that we had cheated our way back up the leagues because we had spent more money than we had taken in. Well, if that's his definition of cheating, virtually every club in Britain is cheating. What a spaz! This is just the start too...it's going to be very very bitter in the weeks/months ahead! 

1 hour ago, Crespie6 said:

Hopefully you wont be going to any away games next year. Lead the charge!

Since 2012, my Scottish football spectator experiences begin and end a Ibrox. That will remain the case till my dying day.

I've turned down a few invites over recent years, but I think people now realise it'd be pointless to ask me.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

They read out my text - I said about having having friends from both sides of 'the divide' but not realising how many enemies I had until the financial stuff happened and how it's allowed a lot of people to show their true colours. 

Did anyone make any comment in agreement ?

2 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Since 2012, my Scottish football spectator experiences begin and end a Ibrox. That will remain the case till my dying day.

I've turned down a few invites over recent years, but I think people now realise it'd be pointless to ask me.

Think if I lived in the Democratic Republic of Scotland I'd be sharing your stance though might make an exception for Kilmarnock, just or the pies.  And of course they never voted against us.

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Think if I lived in the Democratic Republic of Scotland I'd be sharing your stance though might make an exception for Kilmarnock, just or the pies.  And of course they never voted against us.

I think Killie should benefit form abstaining ... the rest can go to hell 

12 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

In Oleg we trust!

15 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I wouldn't give them too much credit.

Some reports are still saying "Rangers went into liquidation". 

That's just factually incorrect.

The administrator, Duff & Phelps, sold the Club and all it comprised to Green's consortium.

The liquidator, BDO, were appointed by HRMC, then took over oldco from Duff & Phelps (in order to investigate the wrongs of Craig Whyte), before starting the liquidation process which, last I heard, had not been completed.

In essence, the Club were then treated wrongly by the SPL clubs, who acted against their own SPL rules at the time, as it should have been a boardroom decision. However, fecklessness and bitterness combined to allow a hasty rewrite of those rules, as other clubs' fans demanded a false justice for an imaginary crime. 

To be frank, I didn't feel celebratory last night. I considered it merely as the end of both a false "incarceration" and a miscarriage of justice. Sorry to be the proverbial wet blanket, but I have a long memory.

TBH that's how I felt too. I didn't feel like celebrating. I was on my way home with a few beers when the players were doing their lap of honour. I then reflected when home. I was the same when we won the other lower league titles, too.

It's nothing for me to celebrate. I don't grudge everyone their party in the stadium - fair play to everyone, just like yourself, I seen it a bit of a means to an end. Which happened a year later than it was meant to.

Next season it really starts - that's when we pick up where we left off and celebrate real success again.