Dom Ball next season

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think we can get someone better than Ball to play for us as a CDM.  We were linked with Kevin McDonald recently and he'd be a better option as a CDM.  In terms of CBS, Ball isn't good enough to start in front of the ones we already have.  If we're looking for someone who can cover our CBs there's a young guy at Hearts called Jordan McGhee.

Going by MW's lean and mean squad requirement I think you'll be hard pushed to better Ball with one replacement. You've already named two maybes for positions he has already more than adequately covered.

There are flaws in his game and areas he needs to improve in but I think if the option to get him for next year is there then we would be mad to look at another option when we know exactly what Ball offers us and we know that he can cover three positions and do a solid job.

14 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

Going by MW's lean and mean squad requirement I think you'll be hard pushed to better Ball with one replacement. You've already named two maybes for positions he has already more than adequately covered.

The squad will be bigger next season and we'll almost certainly sign a dedicated CDM in the summer.  Halliday and Crooks can both cover at CDM so we don't need Ball to play there anymore.   Bringing in our own player (like a Jordan McGhee) and developing him can earn the club millions in transfer fees down the line which is obviously ideal.  Ball has been an excellent short-term option this season and I wish him all the best at Spurs. 

MW is (rightly) always on about learning.   I'm sure Dom Ball has learned a lot playing for Rangers.   Learnt about winning perhaps.  Learnt about what it takes / will take to play for a Club known around the planet.  Learnt about what it takes to play in pressure games - of which the Old Firm game ranks right up there among the very top derbies in the world.

So he could go back to Spurs having learnt a lot.  And as a better player.  Would he get regular games in Spurs first team?  Don't know.  Would he get regular first team football at other clubs in England?  Don't know.  Could he learn some more and do a job for Rangers here next season?  I think so.  Hope he is able to extend is loan period. 

Maintained since the start of the season he will sign with us permanently next season. 

He said in September he wanted to go back and fight for his place.

He said a couple of weeks ago he wants to come back on loan.

After today and when we lift a treble he'll want to be here permanently. In his interview after the game he looked blown away