Edinburgh Bears

It looks unlikely I will be lucky to get a ticket to the final (but hey at least I seen us skelp them). 

Are any of the Edinburgh based bears on here going out in town to watch the game? Happy to meet up for a few drinks and take in the action. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Don't know of any Rangers pubs mate in Edinburgh, reckon the only place that will be Hibs free is bars in Gorgie, even then it will be most likely Jambo's and still wankers albeit not as bad

I know a few places I would go. Just wanted to see if anyone else was about 

7 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Don't know of any Rangers pubs mate in Edinburgh, reckon the only place that will be Hibs free is bars in Gorgie, even then it will be most likely Jambo's and still wankers albeit not as bad

The Jambos will be backing their manky neighbours. I wouldn't spend a penny in a Hearts pub.

9 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I don't particularly like Jambo's, but they won't be backing Hibs

The internet hardmen I've came across in the past seem to hate Rangers more than their rivals. Could be different in the boozers I suppose.

42 minutes ago, BF2 said:

The internet hardmen I've came across in the past seem to hate Rangers more than their rivals. Could be different in the boozers I suppose.

My best mate is a Jambo and probably more representative of your average 40 something, non forum contributing Hearts supporter. Sent me a text just before extra time in the semi against them and was 100% behind us, watching it in a pub in Edinburgh with like minded. No way do they want the Spoon Burners to win and if you behave like a good gentleman ought you've nothing to fear watching the game at any of the boozers around Tynecastle / Dalry / West End. 

I know I'd like to go up town to watch the game. I normally go to Robbie's on Leith Walk, but I suspect that will be full of bitter hibs fans, so I might just give it a miss.

The only other place I can think of is the Blue Blazer, on Bread Street, but I think it's changed a lot since I was a regular there and I'm not sure they have a TV.

The only other place would be Tiles, on St Andrew's Square. It's extraordinarlily handy for me as I can jump straight on a No 26 back home after the celebrations.

What time are you looking to meet up?

18 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I know I'd like to go up town to watch the game. I normally go to Robbie's on Leith Walk, but I suspect that will be full of bitter hibs fans, so I might just give it a miss.

The only other place I can think of is the Blue Blazer, on Bread Street, but I think it's changed a lot since I was a regular there and I'm not sure they have a TV.

The only other place would be Tiles, on St Andrew's Square. It's extraordinarlily handy for me as I can jump straight on a No 26 back home after the celebrations.

What time are you looking to meet up?

If the blue blazer do have a tv it will be pretty small. Would want something bigger. I also live on the 26 bus route. Which end of town you at?

I am still waiting on my last ditch attempt to get a ticket off a mate who might be able to sort one out. not optimistic though. Probably look to be in town for around 2.15 to make sure I had a decent spot in the chosen boozer. 

2 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Platform 5 outside haymarket should be ok mate,try getting in touch with the Edinburgh union Jack RSC ask them what boozer they leave from and if it will be busy with bears not going to the game.

Folk from the Jack will defo be there first anyway as that is the closest to the stop they pick up at. My mates are travelling on the jack to the game. 

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM, harlands plater said:

The poster Dan Deacon runs a Rangers-themed bar in Leith, there's a street party outside it on Cup Final day.

Yes CCBlooms Is the place, ITs meant to have multi tv screens so all can watch if its still open the street partys are legendry and end up colourful affairs. Its a great part of town with the Royalty bar next door and an OO less than 50yards away which used to be good for football but not sure ITs still open. 

In my book you can only count yourself as a true Rangers fan if you live in Glasgow (I'll allow Greater Glasgow into the catchment area). Everyone else outside is a Man Utd style glory hunter, probably started supporting during the NIAR era. Should go support their local team.