A message to our board

NeoGeo7

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Don't care what anyone says mate, they better step up in this instance or they have lost me.

The silence since that statement is deafening. Just wondering whether a follow up is being carefully planned or we are waiting to see what is said by the SFA..........I'm expecting no honesty, justice or integrity. We should call their bluff and threaten to withdraw from Scottish football, they've seen what damage it has done without us in the top division for the last 4 years and what thanks do we get upon getting back?

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

The silence since that statement is deafening. Just wondering whether a follow up is being carefully planned or we are waiting to see what is said by the SFA..........I'm expecting no honesty, justice or integrity. We should call their bluff and threaten to withdraw from Scottish football, they've seen what damage it has done without us in the top division for the last 4 years and what thanks do we get upon getting back?

If they haven't made a follow up statement by Monday not only further condeming the actions of Hibs supporters but of those downplaying it in the press then they have lost my trust forever.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

If they haven't made a follow up statement by Monday not only further condeming the actions of Hibs supporters but of those downplaying it in the press then they have lost my trust forever.

Exactly, how can you expect players to sign and play for us or fans to pay to attend games if our board let this slip.....it's not just fans celebrating on the pitch or singing songs they have actively sought to start a riot and assaulted our players. Look at the shite last year with mohsni and how it was plastered everywhere, Scotland's shame etc. Yet thousands of fans marauding in an aggressive manner on the park gets "alleged" thrown in front of every accusation.

at least the statement from the board didn't piss around the issue they stated it quite clearly but it seems the sweeping act has started.....has our first minister condemned the actions or just congratulated her fuckwit of a husband on his team winning?

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Exactly, how can you expect players to sign and play for us or fans to pay to attend games if our board let this slip.....it's not just fans celebrating on the pitch or singing songs they have actively sought to start a riot and assaulted our players. Look at the shite last year with mohsni and how it was plastered everywhere, Scotland's shame etc. Yet thousands of fans marauding in an aggressive manner on the park gets "alleged" thrown in front of every accusation.

at least the statement from the board didn't piss around the issue they stated it quite clearly but it seems the sweeping act has started.....has our first minister condemned the actions or just congratulated her fuckwit of a husband on his team winning?

The first minister can choke on her hubbys micro chode for all I care.

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

They really do need to follow it up, but it will need thought as there could be a lot of possible outcomes from this, including repercussions. I wouldn't wanting us to be issuing any hollow threats either. If we are serious then fine, but we then need to live with the response. I will be surprised if we get any justice and I won't be surprised if we are scapegoated as being just as culpable. I fully expect next week's rhags to be demonising us in all this and hivs was all about joviality.

Kidding aside, what the board needs to do is simple.

Say nothing else for the time being, go through every single bit of fotage from Willie Vass, our CCTV, any fans that can send in stuff.  Then release a dossier of evey person that attacked a Rangers fan or Rangers staff member.

We should then demand that the most serious sanctions possible be placed on any offenders and also Hibs for their failure to control their fans.   We should fight this very strongly, but I don't think we should make any more statements as yet.  The one we made was fine.

IF nothing is done, then we should come out guns blazing, and burn every bridge we were trying to build.  I was never one for building bridges anyway.  Inigo has made the best post of the day, and I can't find it to quote it :lol:   Scenes like this happen when it's seen as OK to hate Rangers.

The statement should read "after the disgraceful scenes today,and at the Motherwell game last year,

rangers fans and staff,can no longer feel safe at any away ground in Scotland, and call for an immediate

inquiry into the lack of security at these venues" short sharp and to the point

It was a good, strong statement earlier on to be fair.

I've read there was/is quite rightly Police involvement, pictures taken of injuries etc.

This needs to be handled right, no knee jerk reactions that give an 'out' or deflection from the disgraceful scenes today.

To be honest, I have every confidence it will be handled right, I'm sure Mark Warburton and some, but not all of the players would've been shocked.

We'll see what tomorrow's papers are saying, the evidence is out there, the Board will have it as well.

It seems to me there are a number of approaches to statements that the Board could (and maybe should) make.  

First and foremost a statement about who was assaulted and (very hopefully) that they are ok and safely home.  Unless there are complications I can't quite see why that sort of assuring statement could not be issued as a matter of priority.  We are talking about members of the Rangers family who were subjected to assaults by opposition fans and on a first things first basis it would be good to be assured that those assaulted have been treated and are safely returned home. 

A second might be a return to discussing football matters.   But I could understand it if there was no appetite from MW and the players to talk about the game so soon after witnessing disgraceful assaults on friends and colleagues.  So maybe the Club would set aside any of the usual post-match comments.   I do wonder what MW made of all of this though.  For instance how has it affected his view of Scottish football and is he determined to build a better, stronger Rangers side for next season.

A third would be the considered follow-up to the statement after the game.   Presumably by King and having gathered all relevant available info to set out Rangers' condemnation of the acts, to set out the facts as Rangers see them, to make whatever demands Rangers must make of the SFA, and to transmit the messages the Club wishes the Supporters, the media, the politicians and other football authorities to hear as a result of the shocking and disgraceful acts by so-called Hibs fans.    I'm sure a further statement would be made sometime on Sunday and before Monday.    Will be looking for King to deliver this with authority and with determination to see those responsible brought to swift justice.........along with a demand for Regan to resign having presided over a shambles of a cup final with fundamentally inadequate security which created the opportunity and climate for Rangers staff and players to be assaulted by opposition fans. .

The media, politicians and all the other haters across Scotland are all complicit in what we witnessed today. Had Hibernian have just beaten IRAceltic today would their fans still have invaded the pitch, attacked their players, attacked their staff and provoked and attacked their fans? I think not.

This was a bunch of thugs, bigots and animals who along with the fans of all the other clubs have been whipped into a hate driven frenzy against all things Rangers/British/Loyalist/Protestant in the last few years. The media and co have been fuelling and provoking this ( Hate Rangers, punish Rangers, Destroy Rangers ) campaign and today just like Motherwells fans last year is a manifestation and outpouring of their hate.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. This is an indicator of what awaits Rangers FC and its fans next season. It's ok to hate Rangers.