Welcome to Rangers FC, Joey Barton!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Got a text to say this will be the Barton tune, due to him being a big Smith's fan...

Replacing the main chorus of 'Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ' with 'Joey Barton, Jooeeey Barton'.. (tu) 

From 1.30 onward.

Aye saw that on FF. Belter.

A warm welcome Joey.   A player of Joey's calibre not only adds quality, dig, game 'nous' and leadership to the team but will surely help others to become better players too.    The way the squad is being refreshed by MW and DW the sights are firmly set on 55.  

59 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Got a text to say this will be the Barton tune, due to him being a big Smith's fan...

Replacing the main chorus of 'Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ' with 'Joey Barton, Jooeeey Barton'.. (tu) 

From 1.30 onward.

This charming man surely :P

Oor sweet and tender hooligan? :craphead:

46 minutes ago, lewisrfc93 said:

My impression has a always been he's a dafty. After listening to his press conference he's certainly no dafty! Spoke well and highly of us and his attitude seems right where it needs to be 

I haven't really paid much attention to him over the years, except some incidents he was involved in, but I was quite surprised by that press conference, in the sense of how articulate he is. He handled those questions fairly well.

Wasn't sure about signing him initially tbh. However, if the Gaffer thinks he's going to be a positive influence on and off the park then fine, I'll trust his judgement. If the club and him turn out to be a good fit for each other, then I think we could be in for a cracking couple of years.

Welcome to the greatest football club you'll ever play for Mr B.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think that may very well be the most impressive first press conference from a new player I have seen in a long time, and quite possibly one of the best ever. Almost impossible to fault...........

Apart from the celtic chat, thought he could have just skipped that. We all know how quotes can get get twisted by them and their media types.

14 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Apart from the celtic chat, thought he could have just skipped that. We all know how quotes can get get twisted by them and their media types.

I think the best way to tackle it was head on. If he side stepped it many would have thought it was weird or there was some sort of hidden agenda. The fact it was even asked was a tad unnecessary as it's really not that big a deal IMO. Like he said you only support one team, but i'm sure throughout my life, at some point I will have praised Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Barca, Real, AC, Inter etc just like many other people will have. Literally means fuck all. I get the impression he will pretty much speak and give his opinion on anything, and as long as he's honest you can't really fault him on that. We may not always agree with his opinion but as long as he performs on the park, which I believe he will, that's all that matters.

I have no doubt some members of the press will try to twist his words but Barton's not some stupid wee boy. He's very well spoken & articulate but at the same time also has an acid tongue. If any journo tries to fabricate, mislead, or attempt to defame his character in any way shape or form, i'm sure he'll respond in kind. 

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

I think the best way to tackle it was head on. If he side stepped it many would have thought it was weird or there was some sort of hidden agenda. The fact it was even asked was a tad unnecessary as it's really not that big a deal IMO. Like he said you only support one team, but i'm sure throughout my life, at some point I will have praised Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Barca, Real, AC, Inter etc just like many other people will have. Literally means fuck all. I get the impression he will pretty much speak and give his opinion on anything, and as long as he's honest you can't really fault him on that. We may not always agree with his opinion but as long as he performs on the park, which I believe he will, that's all that matters.

I have no doubt some members of the press will try to twist his words but Barton's not some stupid we boy. He's very well spoken, articulate but at the same time also has an acid tongue. If any journo tries to fabricate, mislead, or attempt to defame his character in any way shape or form, i'm sure he'll respond in kind. 

Well said, fully agree. We all know that the obsessed will store those quotes today,  and take it out of context for their own agenda as per.

31 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

“I feel I was the best midfielder in the Championship last year. I think my performances over 46 games proved that.

“There are some good players up here. But I’m not coming up here to be another player. I’m coming up here to be the best player in the country.”

:)

Fuck that's a great statement ! 

Must admit after watching Joey Barton's presser (more than once), he really come across as very articulate and seems up for the SMSM.

What also surprised me was his honesty in why he choose The Rangers as he sees it as the next stage in his career, another challenge before he is no longer able to play.

Think there could be a very good manager in him regarding his future after his playing days are over.  

4 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Must admit after watching Joey Barton's presser (more than once), he really come across as very articulate and seems up for the SMSM.

What also surprised me was his honesty in why he choose The Rangers as he sees it as the next stage in his career, another challenge before he is no longer able to play.

Think there could be a very good manager in him regarding his future after his playing days are over.  

said that earlier 2 :)