Dave King Response #14 - Retail Deal

Broxi

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end game for me anyway would be to liquidate RRL because without the licenses and trademarks there is no point in the company trading. The company would be running at a loss as it has no income only costs which relate to the store, online store and stock it can't shift! 

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The end game for me anyway would be to liquidate RRL because without the licenses and trademarks there is no part in the company trading. The company would be running at a loss as it has no income only costs which relate to the store, online store and stock it can't shift! 

Would we be able to instigate this or could SD/MA resist this due to the voting system that was put in place ?

Again, like a couple of the other segments - what was even the point in releasing this? just seems like something for the sake of it.

and yes, I know a lot of inofrmation is sensitive and can't be devuldged.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Again, like a couple of the other segments - what was even the point in releasing this? just seems like something for the sake of it.

and yes, I know a lot of inofrmation is sensitive and be devuldged.

Difficult one, this, for obvious reasons. If he says nothing, he gets hammered by a section of the support for it. 

If he says something, he gets hammered by a section of the support for it. Either way, he's fucked with a section of the support!

He has form for being a complete gobshite and often doesn't do himself any favours, not least with the latest cock up being a commitment to have this response published by the weekend at the latest, only to fail to meet that deadline. That's a really, really narrowly focused criticism, however it is nonetheless indicative of some of his shortcomings in his position as chairman. 

For the most part though, i think that the fanbase can and should be in agreement that it is a hell of a lot better to be waiting for insipid answers to 14 fan questions, than to be logging on at 6.55am awaiting stock exchange announcements to see what the latest updates are in the clusterfuck that was the club at that time. The regime change has brought about wider change at Rangers that I think all fans can buy into, even if DK's shortcomings as a chairman are frustrating. 

On this issue though his hands are clearly tied, and it is a fucking shambles caused by one fat stubborn cunt of an individual. IMO if Mike Ashley fucked off away from Rangers then there would be a great deal more focus on King which might ultimately lead to a change at the top of the club. One thing you cant deny though is that he does appear willing to take on Ashley, and most fans probably fear that in his absence that willingness to fight might fade.

44 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Would we be able to instigate this or could SD/MA resist this due to the voting system that was put in place ?

Sports Direct hold the voting rights on the RRL board for 3 to 2 so it would have to be them that OK it. Just depends how substantial the losses are I suppose. What SD might do is just close down the shops and leave it for 7 years and then we can get a new deal. Depends how much of a cunt Ashley wants to be tbh!

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

so he is Chairman of TRFC and Chairman and director of RRL. TRFC terminated the contract with RRL and therefore he needs "to carefully analyse and review the circumstances that have led to TRFC terminating the retail arrangements".

er.....didn't he do it and should know already?

My thoughts exactly mate.

All I can say for certain is that I find the whole thing very confusing! :blink:

The board just feeds us wee tid bits of absolute nonsense that doesn't mean a thing hoping it will keep us quiet. Transparency? Clearly we'll never get it from any board

5 minutes ago, Willis said:

The board just feeds us wee tid bits of absolute nonsense that doesn't mean a thing hoping it will keep us quiet. Transparency? Clearly we'll never get it from any board

They try to treat all Supporters like they are complete idiots and every one that buys it expects you to be as daft as them.

Could King not make a statement under his guise as chairman/director or RRL and therefore get round the issue or the confidentiality clause as I presume this would be from a TRFC point. Also why is King not allowed to be a director of TRFC but is allowed to become a director of RRL. 

3 hours ago, SFBlue said:

First post on here, hopefully shall not have it torn to shreds. To my mind the recent developments within RRL can be summed up as Ashley having simply chucked it, and is now evidently willing to let the operations of the joint venture rot. Do it my way or fuck off, if you will. 

I cannot see how this situation will be resolved. From the outside looking in and with limited information in the public domain at present, it just looks like a fucking shambles-max. 

Ashley's resignation from RRL is tantamount to turning your phone off and blanking the bird you've been pumping for a few months. 

Aye but if she was a good ride you would turn it back on wouldn't you ?

hope to fkk Ashley doesn't. 

Must have written the #14 response sat in front of a mirror.  So he asks himself a question then looks in the mirror so see if he can actually give a full and complete answer.   Mirror responds 'no' - say this instead.    The lawyer next to him then dictates what he can say - the most economical and bland information that is legally safe to give out.  He (DK) finishes the draft - looks in the mirror - mirror image nods approval and off to the printers and to the Rangers website.   

An exercise in nothingness of any worthwhile note dressed up as an interim communication and hey presto the Director in him (of both companies) conscience is salved.  

The sooner we escape from the Alice in Wonderland world of the retail mess the better.   Note - he (DK) did not give any indication of his view of how quickly this might be brought to an end.  That in itself is far from encouraging.     Maybe they all need some of Ronaldo's moths to buzz about them and cause some more pacey action to be taken.

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

so he is Chairman of TRFC and Chairman and director of RRL. TRFC terminated the contract with RRL and therefore he needs "to carefully analyse and review the circumstances that have led to TRFC terminating the retail arrangements".

er.....didn't he do it and should know already?

Rest assured, King and Murray are going to sit in front of a mirror and ask probing questions of the men looking back and they are not going to leave until they get the answers.

Maybe it's just me, but is King actually saying here that as Chairman of TRFC he withdrew the rights to use the logos/badges, AND as a board member of RRL, he's in a very difficult situation due to the use of the logos/badges being denied?

?

1 minute ago, thebooler said:

Maybe it's just me, but is King actually saying here that as Chairman of TRFC he withdrew the rights to use the logos/badges, AND as a board member of RRL, he's in a very difficult situation due to the use of the logos/badges being used?

?

He's not chairman of TRFC.