Kiernan and Foderingham have extended contracts

Broxi

Kiernan gets bossed about by CF's with a bit of savvy far too often. For his size and build, he should flatten some of them but he doesn't half tackle like a pussy at times and positional sense is hopeless. 

Him, Tav and Fod all have work to do to improve themselves this season or they will be found out so I'm surprised the extensions are being handed out now and not during the season. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Kiernan gets bossed about by CF's with a bit of savvy far too often. For his size and build, he should flatten some of them but he doesn't half tackle like a pussy at times

RK: "I'll do a quick tackle on this lad"

*Executes perfect tackle, wins the ball. Other lad falls over though*

Ref: "RK :redcard:"

Considering the other day, Windass was booked on his very first challenge. The Defenders hands are a bit tied when it comes to tackles.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Not really.

He's a piss poor centre back.

Has his uses and can do a good job. He's proved that on multiple occasions. 

To relegate him to the bench is

1. dick move

2. doing more harm than good.

The rest of the players will be used to playing with him and the new CB would still look like shit due to how exposed the CBs are. 

No CB pairing in the world would be able to do K&W job and do consistently good at it. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Has his uses and can do a good job. He's proved that on multiple occasions. 

To relegate him to the bench is

1. dick move

2. doing more harm than good.

The rest of the players will be used to playing with him and the new CB would still look like shit due to how exposed the CBs are. 

No CB pairing in the world would be able to do K&W job and do consistently good at it. 

A dick move?

This isn't 5 a sides with your pals :lol:

If a player is getting his arse felt on a weekly basis from attackers like Kiernan he needs benched. He's not a good enough defenders.

That post is baffling, utterly baffling.

Just now, The Godfather said:

A dick move?

This isn't 5 a sides with your pals :lol:

Don't like the idea of a new CB coming in and get all the first team play without actually proving himself. and like I said the way we play leaves our CB exposed so they'd look bad anyway. 

Also rotation would see him getting play, he's proved to be capable against top opponents. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If a player is getting his arse felt on a weekly basis from attackers like Kiernan he needs benched. He's not a good enough defenders.

The refs are quite happy to book players on a whim, look at Windass against Motherwell who got booked on his first challenge. I've seen Kiernan tap a player on the back and still get booked for it.

And he has made good tackles before, and he isn't afraid to make a tackle. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Don't like the idea of a new CB coming in and get all the first team play without actually proving himself. and like I said the way we play leaves our CB exposed so they'd look bad anyway. 

Also rotation would see him getting play, he's proved to be capable against top opponents. 

The refs are quite happy to book players on a whim, look at Windass against Motherwell who got booked on his first challenge. I've seen Kiernan tap a player on the back and still get booked for it.

And he has made good tackles before, and he isn't afraid to make a tackle. 

So if a better CB came in you wouldn't want him playing in front of Kiernan?

We have a title to win, Rangers comes first over any player.

He's a brutal defender, yeah good big lad who clearly likes the club but if you cant defend then you shouldn't be playing.

I'd bench him in an instant along with Wilson if we could get 2 decent CB's in.

He's simply not as good as you are making out.

I think Kiernan is better than wilson - but thats not saying much. If we dont replace them both we wont challenge for the league in the coming season as any team with anything about them will know exactly how to play against them.

In keeping them as starters , we are setting ourselves up to fail.

RANGERS stars Wes Foderingham and Rob Kiernan have extended their contracts with the club.

Both played key roles for Mark Warburton‘s side last season as Rangers clinched promotion to the top flight, won the Challenge Cup and reached the Scottish Cup Final.

And now, as Rangers prepare to meet the challenges which lie ahead in the Premiership, they have each agreed to one-year extensions.

Club captain Lee Wallace signed a new deal with Rangers during the summer and now goalkeeper Foderingham and defender Kiernan have done likewise

Also it's a 1 year extension, meaning Kiernan will be here till 2018 and Wes will be here till 2019

I'd be surprised if DW and RK started against Hamilton. 

I've argued with plenty of people on here about the defence, mainly me defending them and I fully expected that to be rectified on Saturday but that first twenty mins was a joke, I couldn't believe they had learned nothing and the fact that a 4ft Scott McDonald bet them to headers the full game was extremely concerning. 

We do have a genuine need for a starting CB who will ease the pressure on the defence as they are, rightly so, recieving a bit of criticism already. That first twenty was a horror show on Saturday defensively and a team like Hearts would have took 4 off us by half time. Whether we would've scored 5 is a different question though:pipe:

Glad for Fod though. I think he will become a very key asset over the season and could win us upwards of 15 points over the course of the season, which is needed in the end

Happy with this. (tu) 

Wes with a decent CB pairing in front of him would be the basis of a decent defence. 

As stated in a previous thread, I'm looking to see what Hill in beside RK delivers. I think Hill could make up for the poor decision making and hopefully boost confidence. Despite Danny being the ex-hearts captain, I don't see him as a leader in our team on the pitch at all. 

30 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

RK: "I'll do a quick tackle on this lad"

*Executes perfect tackle, wins the ball.

see thats where your post falls apart like our defence at set pieces, kiernan, wilson and tav are diddies at the back, alright given we have the ball for 60 odd % of the time, that other 40% however is hiding behind the seat moment

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

So if a better CB came in you wouldn't want him playing in front of Kiernan?

We have a title to win, Rangers comes first over any player.

He's a brutal defender, yeah good big lad who clearly likes the club but if you cant defend then you shouldn't be playing.

I'd bench him in an instant along with Wilson if we could get 2 decent CB's in.

He's simply not as good as you are making out.

Not all the time no, if anything I'd play them together and have Kiernan learn of him. Rather than waste an asset whose hungry to play for the club. 

I understand that and all the lads will understand that, things are different this year and it's the biggest challenge for some of them. Kiernan included. He'll know the stakes just fine and that competition for that spot will be heating up.

I put his poor defending down to two things, the first being exposure and secondly because Wilson is his teammate (and vice versa) the two don't have any real sync to them and are both cuts of the same cloth. With Hill coming in, I suspect both will improve.

I'd say they two will be in rotation with Hill (Kiernan and Hill then Kiernan and Wilson and vice versa). 

I believe he has good potential and has room and want to improve.  

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

see thats where your post falls apart like our defence at set pieces, kiernan, wilson and tav are diddies at the back, alright given we have the ball for 60 odd % of the time, that other 40% however is hiding behind the seat moment

Set pieces are terrible and Wes needs to boss his box better as well. Kiernan and Wilson just don't mark at all and need to stop ball watching, I will say that with sincerity. 

Wilson was good under Weir because Weir would boss Wilson about, that's what Hill will hopefully bring.  

They are all hungry to play for the club, every single one of them.

I don't know why Kiernan is getting more emphasis on him than anyone else? It's not enough though in any case.

You can't just stick a player beside someone in the hope they learn to defend, that's suicide going for a title. He's decent back up for where we are and that's why it's crucial we get a half decent centre back in.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They are all hungry to play for the club, every single one of them.

I don't know why Kiernan is getting more emphasis on him than anyone else? It's not enough though in any case.

You can't just stick a player beside someone in the hope they learn to defend, that's suicide going for a title. He's decent back up for where we are and that's why it's crucial we get a half decent centre back in.

Wasn't really talking about anyone else and was just saying that he still like the rest has the want to improve. Also he's the gaffers blue eyed boy.

To an extent yeah that's how you do. Davie Weir can tutor Wilson and Kiernan all he likes but being in a controlled enviroment vs being in the box defending a corner is two different things and in the latter Weir can't be there to direct them. So having a lad like Hill to direct them at first will help them sort their position, stop there damn ball watching and in time they'll do it naturally. 

They have to learn it on the field of play with someone with experience telling them how to and what to. Otherwise they won't improve. 

Kiernan was always a centre mid and it shows that he plays out of position. He's tall and strong, but he gets caught out so many times for his naivety at the back.

I actually like him and think there is a player in there, maybe alongside an experienced Hill we can see the best come out.

I think Wilson is a better defender, just. However, he is painfully slow, which could be a problem.

Overall, got to be happy with tying young guys down as we can move them on if it doesn't work out and not get short changed.