Rangers hanging their fans out to dry (part 2)

K.A.I

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not like a dad chucking his son out. These fans don't live in Ibrox and are not "family" per se but customers. 

What about the pub landlord? Should he wait until legal process is compete before issuing a ban from his premises?

Hopefully the landlord (especially if it's your local) would tell you to get off home and sober up then come back in the morning to explain yourself and apologise, he would want to keep your custom. 

Anyway that's the way every landlord I've ever crossed paths with would handle it. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Nupe but as said many times before across the two threads when someone think's they're clever making a stupid analogy about being suspended from work - if the guilt has still to be established you would be suspended on full pay.

Whilst losing other benefits (overtime, bonus, any booked holiday time etc) I've not long been through a very similar scenario with my old work where I was accused of "bringing the brand into disrepute" over social media posts. 

What at about the pub analogy? Should a landlord wait until after court until banning someone from their pub for fighting?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Whilst losing other benefits (overtime, bonus, any booked holiday time etc) I've not long been through a very similar scenario with my old work where I was accused of "bringing the brand into disrepute" over social media posts. 

What at about the pub analogy? Should a landlord wait until after court until banning someone from their pub for fighting?

They should have a talk with them at least, and a doubt a scrap at the pub will go to court.

Just now, The Dude said:

Why would you need holiday time if you were suspended anyway? if your off your off :lol: if you are contractually due a bonus you will still get it.

The pub anaology is stupid too - you don't pay a membership fee to get into a pub, and as said above the landlords would be the SFA and Hampden.

This is really desperate stuff to be honest. Does picking the alternative side and clinging onto it make you hard or something? you must get off on it.

The pub anology isn't great, but in a way its like your local barring you because the landlord of the competing pub across the road said you're a prick

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

So Rangers are a landlord that sold tickets for patrons to get into another landlords pub? Sorry if I seemed confused but you keep shifting the goalposts in this analogy of yours. Are the phaedophiles in the first landlords pub or the second?

Rangers are part of a chain of pubs who sold tickets to it's regulars for an event in another of the chain's locations. A handful of those regulars then got into a scrap with punters from another boozer in the chain who had also purchased tickets to the same event. 

The landlord of the boozer who sold them the tickets has now banned them from his boozer. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why would you need holiday time if you were suspended anyway? if your off your off :lol: if you are contractually due a bonus you will still get it.

The pub anaology is stupid too - you don't pay a membership fee to get into a pub, and as said above the landlords would be the SFA and Hampden.

This is really desperate stuff to be honest. Does picking the alternative side and clinging onto it make you hard or something? you must get off on it.

My holiday time has to be booked 3-6 months in advance. When it was booked I was suspended and could be summoned to a meeting with limited notice which, if I'd taken my holiday as planned, would have went ahead in my absence. 

Our bonus is discretionary. Any colleague with a certain level of absence or disciplinary forfeits it.

You don't pay a membership fee to Rangers. You pay for entry. Like you would going into a nightclub (or some social clubs if you're not a member)

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rangers are part of a chain of pubs who sold tickets to it's regulars for an event in another of the chain's locations. A handful of those regulars then got into a scrap with punters from another boozer in the chain who had also purchased tickets to the same event. 

The landlord of the boozer who sold them the tickets has now banned them from his boozer. 

Are you still banging on with this pub analogy, its fucking shite, especially seeing as you dismissed my notion of Rangers being the family. I mean its not like this club doesn't pride itself on being just that, a family, when it suits their needs.......oh wait. Tune in next week for the next crazy installment of shite analogies where Rangers fans are likened to Trump supporters wanting a wall between them and the rest of Scottish football!

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

This and only this. The club choose to ban people. They were not forced or coerced - they choose this course of action in spite of a very public statement initially backing the fans. They bottled it, backtracked, shat it, bowed in the face of public pressure, built bridges - call it what you will - but the decision  lies with the club and frankly is morally reprehensible given their initial very public stance on this.

I wonder who they are trying to appease? surely they know by now that is doesn't matter what we do - we are hated anyway?

Theyve also from what I can see not released any statement saying that people have been banned or telling us why.

They want to release the big loud statement right after it, pleasing the fans, then quickly and quietly ban a bunch of folk and hope it doesnt get noticed. Shameful

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Another way it's a nonsense there's plenty of pubs you can drink in/take your custom to - you only have 1 team. Some of the comparisons are mental.

If i was sat in my boozer having a drink and some rancid cunt came in attacking the staff and trashing the place, i'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to pay for a pint ever again if I gave that rancid cunt a fucking doing.

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You go to the pub and get into a scrap because some guy was "provoking you". Should the landlord wait until criminal proceedings are complete before banning you from his boozer? Or can he ban you without any care for the judicial process?

Would that scenario prejudice the legal process as has been claimed being banned from Ibrox would?

Why are some so keen to make these unrealistic scenarios rather than tackle the point in hand. Granted your one is more realistic that paedos and Drunk pilots.

Just now, theclothmonster said:

Are you still banging on with this pub analogy, its fucking shite, especially seeing as you dismissed my notion of Rangers being the family. I mean its not like this club doesn't pride itself on being just that, a family, when it suits their needs.......oh wait. Tune in next week for the next crazy installment of shite analogies where Rangers fans are likened to Trump supporters wanting a wall between them and the rest of Scottish football!

No you compared someone being chucked out a boozer with being kicked out their house. The fans don't live in Ibrox, they aren't being made homeless by being banned and the only thing that has happened is a company has withdrawn the availability of their service to a handful of, now former, customers. 

As unpalatable as Rangers not being a "family" might appear it's sadly true. We are customers. We aren't family in that sense. If we were family we wouldn't be paying to watch games or paying for a pie and bovril. I certainly don't pay my maw £2.50 for a cup of tea when I want one. Rangers won't let me nip into a game for free and then square then up when I'm flush. Rangers aren't there to bail me out when I'm in trouble or skint or take care of me when I'm ill. Rangers are a business. Admittedly one we have a huge emotional attachment too but still a business.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Why are some so keen to make these unrealistic scenarios rather than tackle the point in hand. Granted your one is more realistic that paedos and Drunk pilots.

The point in hand is that a business has banned a tiny number of customer from its facilities after engaging in, alleged, criminal behaviour. The club's ticket T&C's make it clear that an arrest in relation to any fixture may result in a ban. The club have followed through on this threat (as have Hibs).  

There is no onus on Rangers to prove guilt. Simply by being arrested that is enough to forfeit any ST without refund and by entering the ground those terms were accepted. 

The the club can't simply ignore it and say "well what about the Hibs fans". That's another fight for another day once the SFA investigation is completed.

As I said in one of these two threads (maybe both) the club isn't seen to be taking action it will likely reflect poorly when we do end up in front of the SFA and is also why Hibs banned fans for life within a week of the final. The SFA have no power to ban individual supporters so it's down to the club's and/or the courts to do so. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No you compared someone being chucked out a boozer with being kicked out their house. The fans don't live in Ibrox, they aren't being made homeless by being banned and the only thing that has happened is a company has withdrawn the availability of their service to a handful of, now former, customers. 

As unpalatable as Rangers not being a "family" might appear it's sadly true. We are customers. We aren't family in that sense. If we were family we wouldn't be paying to watch games or paying for a pie and bovril. I certainly don't pay my maw £2.50 for a cup of tea when I want one. Rangers won't let me nip into a game for free and then square then up when I'm flush. Rangers aren't there to bail me out when I'm in trouble or skint or take care of me when I'm ill. Rangers are a business. Admittedly one we have a huge emotional attachment too but still a business.

When I was 12 I had my first sexual experience. At the time, I lived in a little estate outside on the South side of Glasgow and anyway, the girl next door and I were really good friends. Our parents were both gone for the day and she was over playing Transformers with me. So anyway, we kinda got.. Bored I guess? And we started playing truth or dare, which turned into 'you show me yours, I'll show you mine". So anyway there I Was, 12 years old, heart pounding, blood rushing in my ears, and the chick (who was a year older than me actually) takes off her panties and hikes her little skirt up. so What did I do, you ask? I whistled for a cab, and when it came near, the license plate said "fresh" and there were dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought "naw forget it, yo home to bel-air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabbie "yo homes smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there. To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air.

People are asking on what grounds the club have to confiscate your season ticket without a refund.

It's right here in section 6 of the terms and conditions ( see below ) that you, as a season ticket holder agreed to these conditions in order to purchase the ticket. 

I'm not saying the club are correct in this matter, I'm just pointing out that we as fans have a responsibility to adhere to the rules by which all clubs in Scotland are bound by. 

If people don't like it then don't buy a ticket. It's as simple as that. 

SECTION 6 – CONDITIONS OF ISSUE AND GROUND REGULATIONS

2. The holder shall be responsible for compliance and observance by the holder and by the nominee with these Conditions of Issue (“these Conditions”) and any ground regulations governing persons entering, present at or leaving the Stadium as may be specified by the Club from time to time (“the Ground Regulations”) and any act of omission by the nominee shall be deemed to be the act or omission of the holder. Misconduct by the holder or the nominee and/or failure to adhere to these Conditions or the Ground Regulations or the holder or the nominee acting in a manner which the Club considers is detrimental to its interests or is likely in the reasonable opinion of the Club, to bring football or the Club into disrepute shall permit the Club to confiscate or forfeit (in each case without compensation) this Card and/or ban the holder and/or the nominee from attending future matches or other events at the Stadium for such period of time as the Club deems appropriate.