Rangers hanging their fans out to dry (part 2)

K.A.I

55 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Can't let anything get in the way of that bridge building now can we. Good job the papers don't fuck us over every day as it is........oh wait they do.

Well they aren't going to go any easier on us if a guy we didn't ban is in the papers again.  I doubt the club takes decisions like this lightly, it seems a last resort.  

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Why wouldnt the club ban him if he's convicted?

The club don't have to wait on a court of law to make a decision, the club are judge, jury and executioner.  If you get arrested you've broke their terms of bringing the club into disrepute and you're out.  Follow With Pride from 2007:

Fans who do behave in an inappropriate manner, bringing the club into disrepute, will face limited or lifetime bans, loss of season ticket or arrest by the police. Bans will apply to supporters clubs as well as individuals.

That was from 9 years ago, so the rules have been in place long enough for people to know.  

15 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

The club don't have to wait on a court of law to make a decision, the club are judge, jury and executioner.  If you get arrested you've broke their terms of bringing the club into disrepute and you're out.  Follow With Pride from 2007:

That was from 9 years ago, so the rules have been in place long enough for people to know.  

Again, there is someone pleading not guilty to not being on the pitch, why have the club took their Season book off them?

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

17 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

I notice you dodged the point I made that the club isn't obligated to ban anyone even if the court bans them.

24 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

and whats your stance on any bears who are banned and are then found not guilty in a court of law? Just tough shit for them eh?

52 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Again, there is someone pleading not guilty to not being on the pitch, why have the club took their Season book off them?

They got arrested and brought the club into disrepute most probably.  The club aren't going to give you the benefit of the doubt and they tell you that on the ticket.

37 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Can't believe people just aren't getting the point, it's utterly bizarre.

If you get arrested they don't want you back until the case is resolved and maybe not even then.  If you plead not guilty and they let you back and you got arrested again it is going to look bad for the club and for you.  People are acting like they didn't know they'd keep your money when they state it pretty clearly.  

1 hour ago, CoplandStandBear said:

If you get arrested they don't want you back until the case is resolved and maybe not even then.  If you plead not guilty and they let you back and you got arrested again it is going to look bad for the club and for you.  People are acting like they didn't know they'd keep your money when they state it pretty clearly.  

No people aren't acting like that at all, they are pointing out that based on the timings the club accepted their renewals all the time knowing they were about to ban them.

The club are perfectly within their rights to ban whoever they want, indeed they probably don't need to justify it at all.

That doesn't make it right. FFS we've been shown how to handle this situation by Hibs. Think about that.

You can only hope that the club will lift the bans if some bears are found not guilty in the courts. It's a farce but just another example of the board covering their on backs before that of the fans.

I hate to play the victim card, but far too often we are at the receiving end of disproportionate punishments. For too long we've taken it sitting down, and the boards actions show that this is destined to continue.

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Fantastic, another low counter poster popping up with this point of view.

Point missed again. In at least one of these two cases where fans got the letters there has been a not guilty plea with a trial set for Jan with no guilt attributed or proven as of typing and certainly as of typing they letters. That's the crux of the issue.

Your other point about don't like it, don't buy a ticket. I totally agree. As I said last night I think it's mental to buy a season ticket off Rangers if they can just take it off you when there's no guilt attributed with no compensation. Madness.

There are a lot of Jethro Tull posters appearing on this thread, mate! :wink:

7 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

“We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them. Any club’s supporters would have done the same. This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly but as they swarmed across the pitch it became immediately obvious that the security procedures were inadequate and had failed.”

Cant see much condemnation in that statement. 

And there lies the crux of the defence for those who got banning letters. :pipe:

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

"more trouble" ?

You are really struggling to grasp this, aren't you?

Mate! do you remember the old Jew who went to the wailing wall every day for 50 years to ask for peace in the world, but in the end he said it was like talking to a fucking brick wall?

It wasn't you, perchance? :blink:

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Mate! do you remember the old Jew who went to the wailing wall every day for 50 years to ask for peace in the world, but in the end he said it was like talking to a fucking brick wall?

It wasn't you, perchance? :blink:

Fucking feels like it mate !!

27 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fucking feels like it mate !!

I really sit here and shake my head at some of these posts; and as for the analogies being offered as an argument the club was right to take this action is for me fucking unbelievable doh and for reading the T&C of a ticket; who the fuck reads that stuff before buying a season book?

I'm sure if the Hibs fans hadn't came on the pitch, our supporters would have ran 120 yards to gub some fucking spoonburner for no reason :anguish:

By fuck we have some gormless white flag waving pacifists in our support these days...Thank fuck they aren't in the trenches with me, I can tell you.

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

No people aren't acting like that at all, they are pointing out that based on the timings the club accepted their renewals all the time knowing they were about to ban them.

The club are perfectly within their rights to ban whoever they want, indeed they probably don't need to justify it at all.

That doesn't make it right. FFS we've been shown how to handle this situation by Hibs. Think about that.

When you bring the club into disrepute they'll fuck you for it.  It doesn't matter about what you plead or your excuses, the club don't care when they are getting associated with it.  The easiest thing to do is for them to wash their hands of you.

51 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I really sit here and shake my head at some of these posts; and as for the analogies being offered as an argument the club was right to take this action is for me fucking unbelievable doh and for reading the T&C of a ticket; who the fuck reads that stuff before buying a season book?

I'm sure if the Hibs fans hadn't came on the pitch, our supporters would have ran 120 yards to gub some fucking spoonburner for no reason :anguish:

By fuck we have some gormless white flag waving pacifists in our support these days...Thank fuck they aren't in the trenches with me, I can tell you.

Ignorance is not a defence.  The club don't really give a fuck about the supporters, if you read the terms you'd know that.

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Ignorance is not a defence.  The club don't really give a fuck about the supporters, if you read the terms you'd know that.

For fuck sake, you come away with some shite about reading T&C...who the fuck reads T&C when buying a season book (apart from you)

The whole point of this thread is that the club have acted like a fucking Kangaroo court in advance of any LEGAL verdict by a court of law, which they had no reason to do.

Obviously you and a few others don't see it that way; which is your prerogative, but in my opinion is fucking wrong in many ways. In all my 60+ years being a Bear I have never been so disgusted and disappointed as I am today at a Rangers board...and that's saying something after the shite Moonbeams and that cunt Bain came out with.

***** The one thing I do agree with you is that the club couldn't give a fuck about the people who pay their wages...Spineless lily livered cunts that they are.

Has anyone figured out how many banning orders have been dished out and if it was for specific offences, ie violence or just for being on the pitch.

ps how many more folk are going to talk about being " in the trenches" it is a bit naff btw.