Rangers hanging their fans out to dry (part 2)

K.A.I

Just now, Blue1872 said:

Sorry I don't understand you here, are you saying you agree if it's one supporter then the club have the rights to ban but if it's more then they don't ?

No, you said "In the defence of the club why should they allow a supporter who has entered the pitch, the potential to be cautioned or charged by the police represent them as a fan at other grounds again when this type of person is a clear risk to the club." It's happened once after a major incident, how are they a clear risk?

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Disagree. They could have done it differently and protected that part of the image whilst behaving more reasonably. Something akin to what RFC52 mentioned in some earlier post somewhere. They should have shown that they wouldn't tolerate violence whilst being more reasonable. I think the Board have some smart guys on it. I think they could have achieved that if they'd thought about it. Unless they're doing this for some other reason and they had thought about it, but decided to go down this route anyway. But if so the real politic stuff doesn't cut it for me when it comes to dealing with individuals fairly. The kind of sacrificial lambs mentioned above aren't great for the club's image either.

I don't disagree they could have done things more reasonable.  One wee thing that's been missed is this hasn't come from the board. It's come from head of security. I'd be surprised if the board knew much more than some fans arrested wrt the final had been banned.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Disagree. They could have done it differently and protected that part of the image whilst behaving more reasonably. Something akin to what RFC52 mentioned in some earlier post somewhere. They should have shown that they wouldn't tolerate violence whilst being more reasonable. I think the Board have some smart guys on it. I think they could have achieved that if they'd thought about it. Unless they're doing this for some other reason and they had thought about it, but decided to go down this route anyway. But if so the real politic stuff doesn't cut it for me when it comes to dealing with individuals fairly. The kind of sacrificial lambs mentioned above aren't great for the club's image either.

Maybe I'm easy pleased but you know what I think could have happened to avoid all this ... the guys that got the letters, in the old days the letters included a phone number/personal extension to phone .. you phoned it and arranged a meeting inside Ibrox a time that suited you and then the head of security (with the directive from above ala Robertson) could then say something along the lines of "look, it's nothing too personal ... we are doing this, here's why, hope you understand ... we gotta do what we gotta do in spite of our earlier statement" ... I'd actually be proud of my club if they went out their way to do that one little thing and spoke to you like a human being instead of hung, drawn and quartereing you in a cowardly manner like they have,

Just now, Blue1872 said:

I don't know I never wrote the club statement. I'm taking my view from the ban letter that's been sent.

Yes but you are defending the right of the club to ban supporters for encroaching onto the park when the club themselves have already issued a statement defending/justifying the fans who did so.

Just now, The Dude said:

I don't disagree they could have done things more reasonable.  One wee thing that's been missed is this hasn't come from the board. It's come from head of security. I'd be surprised if the board knew much more than some fans arrested wrt the final had been banned.

The head of security get's his directive from Rangers, specifically Robertson. I know you never believe a word I say but trust me.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Another really low post counter that pops up ... that's half a dozen or you's now. Hmmm.

What's the correct amount of posts I can post before its ok to express my views/opinions mate? 

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

Yes but you are defending the right of the club to ban supporters for encroaching onto the park when the club themselves have already issued a statement defending/justifying the fans who did so.

Then that's a contradiction of the club, not me mate. I'm only saying they they are within their rights to ban the fans for an incident like this that's all.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The head of security get's his directive from Rangers, specifically Robertson. I know you never believe a word I say but trust me.

I don't dispute an member of senior management takes his instructions from the chief executive. Although if folk at that level need spoon-fed at every turn there's a serious problem with the mangement team within Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Well Rangers do and you know that before you buy a book.  Hibs will more than likely get round to it.

Agree with you there. As I said, you'd be mental to buy a Rangers season ticket if that's how they treat you. No argument from me.

16 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

You do fukking realise that GETTING ARRESTED does not automatically mean you are guilty or that in fact you have done anything wrong.   As I said earlier the club have been premature.

It said on the letter in black and white you get arrested you brought the club into disrepute you get banned.  The club won't give two fucks about what excuses you're dreaming up and neither do the millionaire players.  Acting a hardman gets you fuck all.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No, you said "In the defence of the club why should they allow a supporter who has entered the pitch, the potential to be cautioned or charged by the police represent them as a fan at other grounds again when this type of person is a clear risk to the club." It's happened once after a major incident, how are they a clear risk?

If they have entered the pitch once then they are more of a risk than a person who hasn't, so they are a risk to do this again.

Absolutely unreal reading that , what happened to "Innocent till proven guilty" 

As for the withdrawal of ST without refund , as others have mentioned ,it'll be tucked away in the terms and conditions somewhere , still worth reading over it , could be a loophole  

3 minutes ago, Blue1872 said:

If they have entered the pitch once then they are more of a risk than a person who hasn't, so they are a risk to do this again.

why does this keep getting said? the one who's been treated harshest has denied entering the pitch and not been tried for it yet. I keep seeing the same thing churned out "but he was on the pitch" ... no that's no been established

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

why does this keep getting said? the one who's been treated harshest has denied entering the pitch and not been tried for it yet. I keep seeing the same thing churned out "but he was on the pitch" ... no that's no been established

I wasn't aware of this, I've read through this thread not the other one and haven't seen this or possibly missed it. 

21 minutes ago, gogzy said:

The club issued a statement after the match saying that they understood the fans actions and they only acted under severe provocation and in an attempt to protect fans and players.

They are now banning two people for doing exactly that.  Hypocrisy of the highest order.

The club obviously changed their mind when folk started pleading guilty and they saw what the case against them was like.