Rangers hanging their fans out to dry (part 2)

K.A.I

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Do we live in 1996? Is it the same folk running the place?  Is it fuck.  So who cares what they did back then?  They ban who they like for what they like, if you don't like it then don't go.

Do you think the club should have taken ST money from fans they knew they were going to ban a week later?

Just now, CoplandStandBear said:

Do we live in 1996? Is it the same folk running the place?  Is it fuck.  So who cares what they did back then?  They ban who they like for what they like, if you don't like it then don't go.

:lol::lol: Everything has gone so far over your head I'm convinced your standing in hole. 

Has there been any word of criticism from the club about the police? It's their job to maintain order and they completely failed to do that on cup final day ... bad enough they let the hibs scum onto the pitch but to then allow them to cross the half way line was unforgivable and yet they apparently come out of it smelling of roses 

30 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Saying 20 years ago you could plead your case means about as much as saying 20 years ago we had Gazza instead of Halliday.  We live in 2016 where Rangers spell it out very clearly what happens if you bring them in to disrepute.  All this pish about 'I don't read the terms' or 'he pleaded not guilty so that means the club have to let him in!' or 'they weren't nice to me in the letter!' are a load of whining pish.  

You said that "its always been this way" then you say what happened in the past is irrelevant.

Making a complete tit of yourself along with a few others in this thread

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Don't answer a question with a question. Is that a Yes then?

They were buying a ticket they knew they couldn't use, the club could refund them at their discretion, but if they didn't then it'd be tough.  That's why they have expensive lawyers making up these terms and conditions.

8 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

The people buying them know they won't be refunded, yet they buy them anyway, why do that?

Mine was automatically renewed by Rangers, as i paid in installments last few seasons... So it was actually renewed before SCF

I can see both sides here and understand the club banning people. But, and its a big but, they have gone about this in totally the wrong way.

All they had to do was suspend the fans concerned with the final decision whether to ban or not being conditional on the courts judgement. Club looks as if it is taking action, mhedia and SFA have nothing to whinge about and the fans concerned can see the decision is not final.

If they are found guilty in court then no argument, but if found innocent or not proven the club should IMO either reinstate the fan or return their season ticket cash. Their seat should be held empty and not resold until the final result.

11 minutes ago, Willis said:

You said that "its always been this way" then you say what happened in the past is irrelevant.

Making a complete tit of yourself along with a few others in this thread

I said to KAI that the club doesn't give a fuck about the support and he said he knew that 20 years ago.  If he knew that 20 years ago, when he was probably in primary school, then what about that is different to today?  You aren't going to get a nice wee chat and a chinwag over a cuppa about bringing the name of the club into disrepute.  If you did 20 years ago then that was relevant to 20 years ago, not today.  Those days look long gone and are not coming back.

19 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

They were buying a ticket they knew they couldn't use, the club could refund them at their discretion, but if they didn't then it'd be tough.  That's why they have expensive lawyers making up these terms and conditions.

So yes then? Incidentally how did they know they'd be banned? I agree they may have had an idea it was coming.

But here's an alternative to your train of thought. Those people about to be banned are flagged up in the ticket office, if indeed they did apply then their application could have been suspended until such a time as they were sent the letter.

See that would have been the honest, protestant, respectful way of doing it, befitting a club like Rangers.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

So yes then? Incidentally how did they know they'd be banned? I agree they may have had an idea it was coming.

But here's an alternative to your train of thought. Those people about to be banned are flagged up in the ticket office, if indeed they did apply then their application could have been suspended until such a time as they were sent the letter.

See that would have been the honest, protestant, respectful way of doing it, befitting a club like Rangers.

It would be more than an idea, it would be a certainty.  Why would they buy a ticket when they know they will be banned and lose all their money?  I've phoned the ticket office many times and it isn't very well run, so flagging people up like it's the FBI is unlikely.  

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

It would be more than an idea, it would be a certainty.  Why would they buy a ticket when they know they will be banned and lose all their money?  I've phoned the ticket office many times and it isn't very well run, so flagging people up like it's the FBI is unlikely.  

Haven't you answered your own question?

No one would! Perhaps for some strange reason they expected to be treated with a modicum of decency, as any loyal customer should be treated.

You do realise the next time TBB is being sung you could turn round to your mate (I know...but humour me) and say something, hey ho a knock on the door from plod, they have you on camera singing. You're banned, lost your money no possible recourse.

Anyway I'm finished, this reminds me of Scott Brown standing in a mirror staring out his reflection.

I spoke to one of the lawyers at my work and he advised any bears who have received this letter to seek legal advice. He said that fans may be able to claim their ST money back through small claims court. Obviously without him seeing the ST terms and conditions he was unable to say much more. Maybe the money raised by VBs for the fans arrested or indeed the RFFF could be used to help the fans affected by this.

13 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Haven't you answered your own question?

No one would! Perhaps for some strange reason they expected to be treated with a modicum of decency, as any loyal customer should be treated.

You do realise the next time TBB is being sung you could turn round to your mate (I know...but humour me) and say something, hey ho a knock on the door from plod, they have you on camera singing. You're banned, lost your money no possible recourse.

Anyway I'm finished, this reminds me of Scott Brown standing in a mirror staring out his reflection.

You just said yourself 'they might have had an idea it was coming', that's the understatement of the year.

5 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

You just said yourself 'they might have had an idea it was coming', that's the understatement of the year.

You've already been told of one person who has been banned who denies being on the pitch.

1 hour ago, CoplandStandBear said:

I said to KAI that the club doesn't give a fuck about the support and he said he knew that 20 years ago.  If he knew that 20 years ago, when he was probably in primary school, then what about that is different to today?  You aren't going to get a nice wee chat and a chinwag over a cuppa about bringing the name of the club into disrepute.  If you did 20 years ago then that was relevant to 20 years ago, not today.  Those days look long gone and are not coming back.

:lol::lol: give up mate

16 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Naw. Me calling you a mongo is the understatement of the year.

You just said "It would be more than an idea, it would be a certainty.  Why would they buy a ticket when they know they will be banned and lose all their money?" Which is a statement that completely contradicts itself, and now your backtracking and arguing the semantics between knowing something and being almost absolutely sure :lol: you'll be calling out folks spelling mistakes next and think you've won the argument :lol:

They would have "more than an idea, it would be a certainty (that they'd be banned)"

"Why would someone buy a ticket if they knew they were getting banned?"

:lol: you said that in the same sentence what the fuck are you on about :lol:

The following statement is true - the previous statement was false

38 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I spoke to one of the lawyers at my work and he advised any bears who have received this letter to seek legal advice. He said that fans may be able to claim their ST money back through small claims court. Obviously without him seeing the ST terms and conditions he was unable to say much more. Maybe the money raised by VBs for the fans arrested or indeed the RFFF could be used to help the fans affected by this.

RFFF!!!!!!!! But what about the stand. :lol: