Rob Keirnan

TMB

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Well Weir certainly should know, ever go shopping without enough money, it's no fun bargain hunting all the time and constantly using the football equivalent of the Dollarstore.

I'm pretty sure Weir had financial backing at Sheffield United yet his team only won once in fourteen games before he got sacked.

18 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Have you seen some of the 30 yard cross field balls he was playing to the LW last season? He is great with ball at his feet, he drives into midfield effortlessly but if no one makes a run while he is looking up for the pass what can he do? Having Dodoo, MOH, Forrester and Windass all players who like to get in behind the defence you will see him try and clip the ball over the top for them like he did a couple times for Holt and Mckay last season when they were making runs from deep. He can play that QB role very well imo.

For half of those passes if McKay wasn't there to pluck them down they'd be going out for a shy, Wilson played passes like that too but to the right and they were about the same. He can drive effortlessly because the teams we play against just sit back and don't press. Now let's mention the numerous times he switches off or let's a pass run by him or when Scott McDonald out jumps him for a ball. He's no Rangers quality whatsoever and we can give him all the defensive partners in the world put that won't change that.

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Imagine weir and warburton sitting down discussing the players, then saying big Kiernan deserves a years

extension! Wtf were they on something, a blind man wouldn't have done that,unbelievable

Players were probably promised extensions and better terms as rewards/incentives for winning the Championship. 

I'm not going to put all the blame on Keirnan for how shite our defence is, but he is quite shite. The problem is, so are all our other defenders.Growing up, we've always had good solid no nonsense defenders. Gough and Bomber must be pulling their hair out watching the current defence. Why it isn't being addressed is confusing. It's been obvious for ages that we seriously need to strengthen in that department. The mind boggles, but I've still got the faith (just). Please get it sorted.

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm pretty sure Weir had financial backing at Sheffield United yet his team only won once in fourteen games before he got sacked.

So it's about Weir, not the lack of money.  MW must know our defense is a problem but if he has to keep running to the dollar store we're screwed 

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

For half of those passes if McKay wasn't there to pluck them down they'd be going out for a shy, Wilson played passes like that too but to the right and they were about the same. He can drive effortlessly because the teams we play against just sit back and don't press. Now let's mention the numerous times he switches off or let's a pass run by him or when Scott McDonald out jumps him for a ball. He's no Rangers quality whatsoever and we can give him all the defensive partners in the world put that won't change that.

The amount of well timed passes and runs through the opposition midfield he made last season when teams were trying to close us down was exceptional tbh, he did it a few times against them and against hibs too. His passing is very good because he rarely gives it away whereas Wilson is shite with passing. I fully believe if you put a defender who can lead the defence and help him through games instead of leaving it all for him to clean up we'll see a completely different player.

19 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

The amount of well timed passes and runs through the opposition midfield he made last season when teams were trying to close us down was exceptional tbh, he did it a few times against them and against hibs too. His passing is very good because he rarely gives it away whereas Wilson is shite with passing. I fully believe if you put a defender who can lead the defence and help him through games instead of leaving it all for him to clean up we'll see a completely different player.

Jesus Christ, that's the worst thing I've ever read.

16 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wilson's passing is better than Kiernan's, no doubt about it.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wilson's passing is better than Kiernan's, no doubt about it.

I cannot even think where you're getting that from. Wilsons passing is so shit, always giving the ball away when he tries to pass into midfield so much so that he stopped trying to do it in the second half of the season and instead passed it to Wallace or Kiernan and let them do it instead

4 hours ago, centenarystand said:

The first minute of the cup final was the breaking point for me, he should never  have played again,  but what happens? He get a new contract. The failure to address the defensive frailties is alarming. Speak to any Rangers supporter and they will tell you same thing, Why is this not being sorted?

I actually thought Tav was one of our better players today. 

Unfortunately Keirnan is rubbish and has never been good for us bar the odd game. Obv nobody wanted to have to say it but he is rotten and that's it. I don't care if we have to shop at the dollarstore we should be able to find a replacement for him. We are crying out for a solid defender and if we don't get it then we can forget the league imo, I hate to be s defeatist  where rangers are concerned but I'm honestly sweating it for going to places like the paedodome and tynecastle with  him as he will freeze in such atmosphere, Gauranteed. There is no way on this earth that there isn't a decent CB down in England that would come and play for us for a season. 

33 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

The only way we will see a completely different player is, if we sign one to take his place.

If the management team didn't see CB as a priority before then today must surely alter that . Kiernan and Wilson have the same faults that were evident throughout last season and today Clint Hill looked like a guy who had won a sponsors competition to appear at Ibrox , no pace and lack of positional sense are not what were needing . Fair enough the boy Gray's movement was different class and I don't believe we will face anyone of that class all season , but Burnley didn't need to probe too hard to find how to get in behind us ,FFS the 2 goals in the first half came from simple passes in behind . 

I watched the highlights this morning as i'm in Auckland now, I then rewatched the 3 goals again. Keirnan was at fault for 1 and 2 and didnt do enough at 3rd.

1st - he doesn't go with runner leaving Hill to mop up but its never a pen imo.

2nd - they pass thru midfield too easy, Hill steps out to play offside as Tav/Wallace are out. Keirnan stays deep playing Gray on. Step out he's offside.

3rd - big lump up, Hill challenges but loses header however Keirnan should be following the runner or atleast closing him down quicker. He doesn't, wallace come across but makes a weak tackle. All 3 of them could have done better here.

We've all been saying defense is weak, we need a commanding CH.

Wilson is a better player. Simple as that.

Need another centre back. Fucked without one. Kiernan doesn't know what he's doing. With even the basic stuff.

Hill was dreadful too, but he has a bit of grace atm.

Keirnan will struggle against fast front men, he gets pulled out of position way too easily.

I thought Tav was equally poor against Burnley he is supposed to be a RB but he cannot defend to save himself. Was too busy trying to be a attacking midfielder today.