New top for the kids.

Should we buy the kids the tops?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Should we buy the kids the tops?

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes, absolutely.

It could even be seen as something of a compromise that the kids can get the new tops, but the adults avoid?

Although it's a really sad day and speaks volumes that you actually have serious concerns that a child might get aggro for wearing a Rangers strip. That's how much of a scumbag element there is in our club these days thanks to lynch mobs and social media via people with ego's and attitudes. It's sickening actually.

The more I've listened to arguments on here the more I feel that your idea of boycott adult tops and encourage kids to wear may be the best way forward. 

This would get our point across but at same time not starving the club of a generation of fans

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Chrissyp84 said:

The more I've listened to arguments on here the more I feel that your idea of boycott adult tops and encourage kids to wear may be the best way forward. 

This would get our point across but at same time not starving the club of a generation of fans

Perfect compromise IMO.

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes, absolutely.

It could even be seen as something of a compromise that the kids can get the new tops, but the adults avoid?

Although it's a really sad day and speaks volumes that you actually have serious concerns that a child might get aggro for wearing a Rangers strip. That's how much of a scumbag element there is in our club these days thanks to lynch mobs and social media via people with ego's and attitudes. It's sickening actually.

Purchased a kit for my boy already and if he receives any "aggro" the aggressor will receive my boot up their arse! 

Really can't be bothered with this anymore, everyone's an expert but in reality we know nothing! I would like to see the figures for other clubs deals with manufacturers/sponsors etc...

Rangers get the guts of £100 from me a month between my season ticket and Rangers TV, so I think I'm entitled to buy my son a top, I would buy myself one but unfortunately I care about what others think and I wouldn't want to be seen as "less" of a fan.

1 hour ago, Chrissyp84 said:

Any chance of the Homers allowing someone else to win the junior Cup, even for one year :D

Great wee team 

My Uncle played the flute in Pride of the Maine for many a year. 

Oh, and it's a personal choice about the new Rangers tops, I wouldn't castigate anyone for either buying or not, as they are either doing what they think Is best for the Club they love, or the child they love. 

Just my opinion, like ...

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Any chance of the Homers allowing someone else to win the junior Cup, even for one year :D

Great wee team 

My Uncle played the flute in Pride of the Maine for many a year. 

Oh, and it's a personal choice about the new Rangers tops, I wouldn't castigate anyone for either buying or not, as they are either doing what they think Is best for the Club they love, or the child they love. 

Just my opinion, like ...

Pride of the Maine are some outfit. Always have been. 

No chance the homers giving up either the cup or sheid this year. They're like our 9iar team " the team that drinks together wins together"

couple of good results in pre season against distillery and Bangor.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Mate, celtic retail makes a loss they get bailed out by having a great shirt deal. 

Do we have any idea what we could be making? 

Again what changed from the turn of the year when the board ok'd everything with Puma. To me it looks like they tried to call SD's bluff and it hasn't worked. 

What legal action are we taking? 

I would also like to know this. I should add I am only at page 6 and the answer might be in the next few pages. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If we had served papers on SD and Puma believe me mate it would be public knowledge 

It's just a mind fuck now mate.  Honestly all a lot of us care about is still having a club and being able to support that club.  I started properly following us in 1991. It was only about the football. Now any fans we have need to have a fucking degree in employment law, retail law, a hnd in business management and a wee tax law degree.

I'm getting fed up with it again. I'm just glad MW can put an entertaining if somewhat frustrating team on the pitch for us to enjoy and pretend we are armchair Mourinhos

2 hours ago, sammy cox said:

In the Jim White interview with Dave King in SA last year King said that he didn't think it was best for SD or RFC and that he would be actively seeking to meet with MA to discuss the deal.Now after telling supporters to boycott not only Rangers merchandise but actual games as well did Dave King honestly think MA was going to say " no bother Dave what can I do for you" the guy who told supporters to boycott merchandise etc. Call me naive but if the shoe was on the other foot does anyone think business man Dave would have behaved any different from MA he said as much in the interview with JW. I'm no fan of either as I have said on here in the past DK and co might be Rangers men but first and foremost like Ashley they are business men and business men are in the business of making money whichever way they can and from whom they can.No one has covered themselves in glory throughout this sorry mess. I'm pretty sure if there was some legal way for the board to get out of this sorry mess they would have done so by now.Thinking you can sway multi billionaires through boycotts etc isn't going to change their hard nosed approach,hence the reason they are multi million and billionaires.Unfortunately that is the way things stand at the moment.

Fantastic post mate, sums up the whole clusterfuck for me. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

It's just a mind fuck now mate.  Honestly all a lot of us care about is still having a club and being able to support that club.  I started properly following us in 1991. It was only about the football. Now any fans we have need to have a fucking degree in employment law, retail law, a hnd in business management and a wee tax law degree.

I'm getting fed up with it again. I'm just glad MW can put an entertaining if somewhat frustrating team on the pitch for us to enjoy and pretend we are armchair Mourinhos

Said the same to the mate the other day, at least we have good football in between all the other rubbish. 

One day mate we will get back to football and nothing but football, fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Smile said:

We will also have to take Puma/32 red to court, this board is playing Poker with our club.

I think you might be right, but we cannot go on like this for the next 6 years surely. King needs to either piss or get off the pot IMO.

If we as a Club cannot get out of the deal then I want us to make whatever we can from how it is at the moment. :541:

I think it should be no problem buying the kids the jersey. When I was a kid, getting the new jersey was all I wanted and I was happy as a pig in shit when I got it. I don't think it is best to deny kids now this simply because of some fat cocky bastard. Let the kids have their enjoyment. For us adults though I don't think we should be buying any. I also certainly hope no kids get any snide remarks at Ibrox for wearing the jersey. 

2 hours ago, theclothmonster said:

I agree with this. My hope is that any court action over the selling of strips against the clubs wishes drags the retail deal into the public domain, which I believe has been the boards main objective on this. 

I just feel this has gone on too long now and it is once again causing strife and anger between Bears and that is not good for any of us. I hope Ashley is not being kept as a bogey man for any reason.

Time to go to court or accept that we have to live with this for the next 5/6 years and get something out of it, this in between limbo has to end IMO. 

2 hours ago, jdonald755 said:

Are we going to take him to court though ? And if we are then the process takes a long time. In the meantime we need to hit him in the pocket and hopefully there is a deal to be made where the club can make money and we can all buy shirts. Putting money in Ashleys pocket in the meantime just gives him the green light to keep treating us and the club in the manner he has.

I do not get any pleasure arguing with fellow Bears mate, but do you really think Ashley is concerned about the small amount he would make from our shirt sales even if they were flying off the shelves, this is a personal battle with King and he is a billionaire I think. And also because he has lost the last few court cases he will be trying to win this one if it goes there, but IMO that is where it must go because this situation cannot go on much longer. Surely we cannot have no shirt sales for the next 5/6 years, that is not good for us as a Club, we need our colours seen and worn with pride.

I do not normally get this worked up about these kind of things but IMO if King believes he holds the cards on this deal then get it sorted through the courts because it is clear after 18 months whatever is being done is not working.

End of rant. :)   

13 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I just feel this has gone on too long now and it is once again causing strife and anger between Bears and that is not good for any of us. I hope Ashley is not being kept as a bogey man for any reason.

Time to go to court or accept that we have to live with this for the next 5/6 years and get something out of it, this in between limbo has to end IMO. 

Deep down I think that the board went all in with nothing but a bluff when Newcastle got relegated, and our club is going to end up looking like a Del Boy and Rodney outfit. The fact that the board mentioned the supporters group not being consulted rather than stressing legal repurcusions leads me to feel this way. It would seem that supporter pressure is the only real weapon we have in this fight. Unfortunately MA has shown he doesn't give two fucks about any boycotts or what is in the best interests for our club. It doesn't bode well either that a lot of fans are pissed off following their actions post cup final. Time to either put up or shut up, if we have a strong legal argument then make it, if not then time to make the best out of a shitty situation. 

2 hours ago, Chrissyp84 said:

Pride of the Maine are some outfit. Always have been. 

No chance the homers giving up either the cup or sheid this year. They're like our 9iar team " the team that drinks together wins together"

couple of good results in pre season against distillery and Bangor.

Sorry for the TF @Rfc52 but didn't think you'd mind this ...

12 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Deep down I think that the board went all in with nothing but a bluff when Newcastle got relegated, and our club is going to end up looking like a Del Boy and Rodney outfit. The fact that the board mentioned the supporters group not being consulted rather than stressing legal repurcusions leads me to feel this way. It would seem that supporter pressure is the only real weapon we have in this fight. Unfortunately MA has shown he doesn't give two fucks about any boycotts or what is in the best interests for our club. It doesn't bode well either that a lot of fans are pissed off following their actions post cup final. Time to either put up or shut up, if we have a strong legal argument then make it, if not then time to make the best out of a shitty situation. 

(tu)