• Yes
    • No

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I won't be buying one for my son but if people wish to do it then that is their choice to make.

The club has already came out and said they are selling them without the clubs  permission so that's good enough in my book not to line fat Ashley's pockets 

What has changed, the board ok'd everything with Puma at the turn of the year. 

Buy the top if you want of don't if you don't. We just support the club. The suits have caused all this carry on on both sides acting like wee kids. And if anyone gives you grief for wearing it tell them to fuck off. Simple.

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Why would he renegotiate as I'm sure i read that written into the deal any unsold tops had to be bought up by the Club.

May be wrong on this but i'm sure i read it somewhere.

Yes but he needs to get the money from the club. He and puma do not have Rangers permission  to sell these strips so it's a court battle and the sooner the better, but one thing is for sure we won't be paying anything to fat MIke regarding unsold strips.  

13 minutes ago, Chrissyp84 said:

Full full head to toe in slazenger and Dunlop. Just like uncle mike likes it. Sports direct finest

Wow, the only people that say things like that are those who hate Rangers and try and wind us up

Just now, Copland bear said:

Yes but he needs to get the money from the club. He and puma do not have Rangers permission  to sell these strips so it's a court battle and the sooner the better, but one thing is for sure we won't be paying anything to fat MIke regarding unsold strips.  

Puma have permission they paid for that right. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What has changed, the board ok'd everything with Puma at the turn of the year. 

That's why shops took late shipments of strips they were not expecting, and the have not ok'd it now, so Fat Mike must still wanting to be paying up pennies in the £1 our fans spend buying the badge that's on the strip which we have the rights too. 

Without the badge no cunt wants it,

Im gutted as I love it, best puma home yet and I also have the original the season before CR SMITH got put on it.  

8 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Did king not say last year that we need to buy the tops coz the club pick up the tab for the unsold jerseys? Green wasn't here at that time!

Is it not 4p in the pound of Rangers retail profits? 

26 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

When someone tries to describe why I am buying a top that's the only response there is.

How the hell would anyone on here know my reasons behind it and why would I feel the need to try and explain to them?

I'd imagine you are buying the new top to support your club. However. the point I'm trying to make is that in this mad situation we have been placed under you are actually hindering the club.

I just hope the majority of fans can see Ashley and this deal for what it is and don't let the bastard prey on our loyalty and passion. If the majority hold strong in terms of adult kits then the numbers buying will be insignificant.

Buy your top and wear it with pride. When I see fans at Ibrox wearing it I will be nothing but jealous. 

Hopefully the rest of us will be able to buy ours soon enough.

1 hour ago, Chrissyp84 said:

So far I'm called a Sheep retard and a mongo, not one bad word said about MA.

its like the twilight zone on here. Full on zoomers who obviously got stuck in the fanny a bit long on the way out. 

Called a sheep for ME deciding that I'd rather not give MA any cash even if it meant not getting me and the kids  the kits. Ffs out of the 300 quid id be spending tell me how much the club would get?? And tell me that if EVERYONE chose not to buy it then we could get a better deal.

people saying about the board having no spine. At times I agree. But we are the fans we are Rangers! Not the ppl in the suits. It's us that are the soul of the club and are divided on absolutely everything 

So how would that conversation go regarding a new deal for sales of kit . Puma "How many strips did you sell for the last release ?" 

The board " Ehm not that many actually " 

Puma " So we have the figures here , it was actually the lowest sales figures in history" 

The board " Aye but our fans listened to us when we told them not to buy it " 

Puma   giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

That's why shops took late shipments of strips they were not expecting, and the have not ok'd it now, so Fat Mike must still wanting to be paying up pennies in the £1 our fans spend buying the badge that's on the strip which we have the rights too. 

Without the badge no cunt wants it,

Im gutted as I love it, best puma home yet and I also have the original the season before CR SMITH got put on it.  

So what changed? 

The board better be on solid ground here or we could be in deep shit. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Puma have permission they paid for that right. 

puma and 32 red must be wandering what they have got involved in. It's a legal minefield. 

I just feel that we have to make a sacrifice in the short term as we are being starved of money by MA AND King. He hasn't lived up to his promises either. Our club needs more income to compete with other clubs and outside of selling out every week retail should be our biggest earner as the tv deal inscotland is for fuck all

3 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

So how would that conversation go regarding a new deal for sales of kit . Puma "How many strips did you sell for the last release ?" 

The board " Ehm not that many actually " 

Puma " So we have the figures here , it was actually the lowest sales figures in history" 

The board " Aye but our fans listened to us when we told them not to buy it " 

Puma   giphy.gif

Surely it's in Pumas intrest to sell as many units as possible? No?

the main issue is with sports direct as its them the Rangers retail deal is with. It's them we need to negotiate with not puma. They are just a pawn in the middle

MA calling our bluff has made my mind up i'm afraid. I'm not one to blindly back the board but in this instance I think the fans need to back them. The club was very public in it's stance of revoking the licensing rights and MA has basically stuck two fingers up. Sadly this last round of exchanges is only going to benefit those whose only interest is the blue pound, whether its MA, Puma or Lionbrand. I fully understand those that want to buy their kids the strips but for me this has moved on from the argument about how bad the retail deal was. Sadly the ill advised banning of fans before they are judged in a court of law has lost the board a lot of credibility with the support.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So what changed? 

The board better be on solid ground here or we could be in deep shit. 

Nothing's changed the deal is a disgrace and the board are correct to take legal action and get out it as soon as possible, without this income in the coming years we will struggle to compete with Celtic when it comes to attracting players as the majority of money goes nowhere near Ibrox.

As I've said each to their own but I won't buy anything never mind a Rangers top from Sportsdirect 

2 minutes ago, james_85 said:

See by the end of the season do we not need to pay SD for any unsold stock or was that just another daft rumor that was kicking about. If it is true, surely it would therefor be better buying tops

If the club came out and said we had to pay for any unsold gear. Then me and the 3 kids would all have at least one kit each. 

2 minutes ago, james_85 said:

See by the end of the season do we not need to pay SD for any unsold stock or was that just another daft rumor that was kicking about. If it is true, surely it would therefor be better buying tops

That was only one time when chuckles ordered way too many tops. 

Just now, Chrissyp84 said:

Surely it's in Pumas intrest to sell as many units as possible? No?

the main issue is with sports direct as its them the Rangers retail deal is with. It's them we need to negotiate with not puma. They are just a pawn in the middle

Think ye get the jist of it 

1 minute ago, Chrissyp84 said:

If the club came out and said we had to pay for any unsold gear. Then me and the 3 kids would all have at least one kit each. 

We do it was brought up at the agm a couple of years back.

So 4 new strips for you then you traitor ?? and the club make £20

9 minutes ago, Chrissyp84 said:

Is it not 4p in the pound of Rangers retail profits? 

To be honest i dont really like blindly following orders from on high from anyone. The rational from the club appears to be "dont buy from SD because you are lining Ashleys pockets and not the clubs because the retail deal is slanted very much in favour of SD and very much against the club". 

However I believe @Virtuoso has pointed out on this very thread that for every £10 spent Rangers get £2.70 (not the much quoted peanuts in the pound spouted in the press). I believe this has been verified in the company accounts - so the club actually does make money. Maybe King thinks he can make more elsewhere - I dunno. Another argument put forward by the club is the length of the deal - 7 years being too long. However, if you were in a favourable merchandising deal (as above) you would actually want to lock in the deal for as long as possible.

The argument against Ashley is that he obviously doesn't have the clubs interest at heart. Frankly there is no disputing that as his continuing litigation has been a pain (however it hasn't cost us money as the fat cunt keeps loosing) and he is looking to protect his interests over and above everything else and as further evidence his handling of Newcastle has been catastrophic. However,  I am sure MA's argument would be "why wouldn't I protect my interests"?

I realise I am shooting in the dark with this and i dont have all the facts - but thats the point. It would be nice for the Rangers fans to be able to make a choice re the strip and merchandise based on sound and truthful information. We dont have that. At the moment decisions are being made on half truths, complete nonsense and faith.

Neither the club or SD come out of this debacle with any credit whatsoever.

This was a post from the other thread. I'm not savvy with this stuff so only passing on what others say.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

MA calling our bluff has made my mind up i'm afraid. I'm not one to blindly back the board but in this instance I think the fans need to back them. The club was very public in it's stance of revoking the licensing rights and MA has basically stuck two fingers up. Sadly this last round of exchanges is only going to benefit those whose only interest is the blue pound, whether its MA, Puma or Lionbrand. I fully understand those that want to buy their kids the strips but for me this has moved on from the argument about how bad the retail deal was. Sadly the ill advised banning of fans before they are judged in a court of law has lost the board a lot of credibility with the support.

I agree totally. I lost a lot of respect when a close friend got banned lately regarding the final. He has been a season ticket holder travelling from Ulster all over Europe for the best part of 15years and they hung him out to dry. I'm no big fan of the board but I do believe that they serve our interests more than Ashley ever did or will

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Nothing's changed the deal is a disgrace and the board are correct to take legal action and get out it as soon as possible, without this income in the coming years we will struggle to compete with Celtic when it comes to attracting players as the majority of money goes nowhere near Ibrox.

As I've said each to their own but I won't buy anything never mind a Rangers top from Sportsdirect 

Mate, celtic retail makes a loss they get bailed out by having a great shirt deal. 

Do we have any idea what we could be making? 

Again what changed from the turn of the year when the board ok'd everything with Puma. To me it looks like they tried to call SD's bluff and it hasn't worked. 

What legal action are we taking?