*** Official Rio Olympics 2016 Thread ***

This fucking cock talking about an event to bring the country together,spending billions of pounds on an Olympic games when the majority of the country live in poverty is why I don't give a fuck about politics.

Fuck the Pope. 

1 hour ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Hurry up n get Great Britain n Andy on with our flag :uk: 

Who really cares about Andy though?  Tennis is fucking boring as fuck,it's fitting that he is the wimblemon champion. I'd rather watch paint dry.  Fucking dullard 

14 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Hope you're right about Muir would love to see her get a medal,

12 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

Iirc she is from my neck of the woods

Pretty sure she is from up near Perth although she's run for Dundee Hawkhill for as long as I can remember. It would be fantastic if Laura could medal and the way she runs, out from the front, could help that as long as it makes the race honest. Although to be fair she has pretty decent speed if it comes down to a fast finish as well!  Laura and my sister used to trade places quite frequently as juniors and although they were established runners, they often weren't in the mix for national medals. However since Laura went to Uni and focused more on track she has become unbelievable. Another in the long line of examples in athletics that racking up medals and scary times as a teenager does not always guarantee success as a senior and vice versa.

Probably more excited for these games than the Commonwealths as there are a few guys and girls who my sister and I grew up racing against that have kicked on and made the team. Will be really interesting to see how they all get on. Crazy how many of the middle and long distance athletes are Scots!

Turned it to BBC1 earlier, and there they were, just 4 guys on a bike, riding a bike, that's it, just cycling, on the road, just on a bike constant for hours, just cycling, right on my telly, camera at the front showing the same guys cycling up a hill on a road, then a couple of shots at the guys at the back and the scenery around the route and then back to 4 guys on a bike

BORNG.AS.FUCK