***Scottish Premiership Thread***

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Hearts should be an irrelevance to us.  We're suppose to be challenging for the title and that means competing with Celtic.

Hamilton should have been an irrelevance, look what happened there, although old firm games can influence the outcome we have to beat all the others regularly that means competing with all teams not just them

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

Tims are better than I thought to be honest. Our away form is going to be vital this season. I'm not convinced we'd have won a game like that.

I don't know, I think we will be more successful away from home when teams come out more, of course it all depends on our defence which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence but should we get more prolific in front of goal we could have a good away record

12 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

That will be plenty , fuck Ronny and Rodgers and the rest of the papish bastards.

Fuck them indeed 

but that's still not going to change the fact they will hard to beat this year. And if the get the CL money then I reckon Mr King will need to replay a bit of faith in the fans and dip into his considerably pockets to buy some good players 

1 hour ago, The Mailman said:

The thing is we are all saying if we up out game we'll win it , Celtic fans will probly be saying the exact same thing going by our games this season. We've had arguably our easiest game of the season and they've had 1 of they're hardest yet we still find ourselves 2 points behind . We simply must win in Dundee .

They will drop points though, we might go to Tynecastle and win 2 or 3 nil, we are capable

They might drop points at home to Motherwell as they did last season, we are only 1 game in, there is loads of time to go

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Taigs were rotten but Griffiths and Sinclair will win them a barrow load of points.

An injury or two and they are fucked then? They have such a shit bloated squad, I look forward to them buckling when we put a run together

12 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Hamilton should have been an irrelevance, look what happened there, although old firm games can influence the outcome we have to beat all the others regularly that means competing with all teams not just them

Hamilton should be a team we're beating comfortably and yet we struggled.  It's a big concern to see us fall at the very first hurdle.  It's true that points can be pulled back during the Old Firm games but as things stand I'm not too confident we'll get the better of Celtic in the head to heads. 

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

They will drop points though, we might go to Tynecastle and win 2 or 3 nil, we are capable

They might drop points at home to Motherwell as they did last season, we are only 1 game in, there is loads of time to go

I agree with everything you say . Just no an ideal start . And we now go to Dundee under massive pressure IMO .

1 minute ago, The Mailman said:

I agree with everything you say . Just no an ideal start . And we now go to Dundee under massive pressure IMO .

Agreed, Walter Smith always said we are 3 games from a crisis, I fully expect Rangers to come out all guns blazing

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Going to Tynecastle and getting a win is a great result for Celtic.  When they have Sinclair, Griffiths, and Roberts all playing together there isn't many teams in Scotland who will be able to stop them.  I heard on the radio the other night that Celtic only lost 4 league games last season and finished with 86 points.  They're not going to drop many points this year and every game is a must win for us.  That just puts in to context what an absolute fuck up yesterday was when we failed to beat Hamilton at home. 

you seem in love. The only big game they played domestically last year they got schooled at Hampden remember.

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

you seem in love. The only big game they played domestically last year they got schooled at Hampden remember.

Celtic have won the top-tier for the past 4 years.  Like it or not, they're the benchmark team we need to overcome if we want to be the Champions again.  It's true that we won the semi-final but that was under Delia and things have changed since then.  We're going to be up against it this season.

36 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Who do you think is more likely to drop points in the next few games.  Rangers or Celtic? 

55 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Things have changed? What are you basing this on? Seriously? 

They lost to a part time team, undeservedly went through vs Astana and didn't deserve to win today and were help by the ref!

Rodgers has just taken over and it'll take time to embed his philosophies and playstyle.  It'll also take time to get Ronny's players out, and Rodgers players in.  Celtic are getting stronger and will be a better side than they were last season under Ronny Delia. 

You mention Hearts and Astana.  I think we would struggle against those teams to.  Yesterday was a real wakeup call for me.  If we don't get two more players of real quality in we wont win this league.

36 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Things have changed? What are you basing this on? Seriously? 

They lost to a part time team, undeservedly went through vs Astana and didn't deserve to win today and were help by the ref!

fuck all has changed he's just shitting himself from Rodgers and the hype of the Scottish media

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

fuck all has changed he's just shitting himself from Rodgers and the hype of the Scottish media

Looking at the situation objectively isn't shitting myself.  It's a shame we can't discuss matters like this without clowns such as yourself foaming at the mouth. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Looking at the situation objectively isn't shitting myself.  It's a shame we can't discuss matters like this without clowns such as yourself foaming at the mouth. 

The fear is ripping outta you and credit to the msm for that it's job done as far as they are concerned. Thank fuck we don't need to deepened on you to battle when times get hard. You seem the type that'll whimper in a corner and wait for your mummy man up ffs.

26 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The fear is ripping outta you and credit to the msm for that it's job done as far as they are concerned. Thank fuck we don't need to deepened on you to battle when times get hard. You seem the type that'll whimper in a corner and wait for your mummy man up ffs.

Celtic haven't stood still since the semi-final they've gotten better and that's not a conspiracy by the MSM.  Rodgers is the best manager they've had in over 10 years.  Do you dispute that?  Was Delia, Lennon, or Mowbary any better?  Toure is the best CB in the country and today they've unveiled a £4m striker.  They've also managed to keep hold of their player assets from last season like Tierney and Griffiths.  Things aren't the same and they'll be a much tougher aopponent when we play them at Parkhead next month.

You talk about fight when times get hard.  Where was the fight and desire to win yesterday?

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That's not true, you're looking at the situation based on hype. Automatically assuming Rodgers is going succeed and get 90+ points this season. Astana were brutal, Hamilton would have beaten them based on watching both teams recently.

If you can't see how much you're overrating the scum, the signings and Rodgers, then there's no help for you. Basing players ability on who they signed from or transfer fee rather than watching them. :power_of_anguish:

After yesterdays performance I can categorically state that I don't believe the hype.  We made Hamilton look like a good team, but they're not.  Hamilton wouldn't stand a chance against a team like Astana.  If Delia can get an 86 point season with Celtic I have no doubt that Rodgers can too.  This is going to be a tough season for us. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That proves you have no idea what your talking about, he's a winger.

Being pedantic over the guys playing position doesn't invalidate my point at all.  Celtic have improved since since we last played them.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Who do you think is more likely to drop points in the next few games.  Rangers or Celtic? 

If I knew that then I'd be at the bookies all the time, I don't know and you don't know, yesterday could have been a blip, it may be something more, their win might have been fortunate, I'd might develop into a pattern, time will tell, not panic stations for me so far, I'll give it a few more games, we defo need a CB and a striker, and a better starting line up than yesterday that's for sure

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Being pedantic over the guys playing position doesn't invalidate my point at all.  Celtic have improved since since we last played them.

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Celtic haven't stood still since the semi-final they've gotten better and that's not a conspiracy by the MSM.  Rodgers is the best manager they've had in over 10 years.  Do you dispute that?  Was Delia, Lennon, or Mowbary any better?  Toure is the best CB in the country and today they've unveiled a £4m striker.  They've also managed to keep hold of their player assets from last season like Tierney and Griffiths.  Things aren't the same and they'll be a much tougher aopponent when we play them at Parkhead next month.

You talk about fight when times get hard.  Where was the fight and desire to win yesterday?

Brenda Brent is  full of blarney.Tell me what he has won in football.That was a rhetorical question .He has won fuck all so I don't see where your fanboy pish comes from.You sound as if you are his agent but the facts don't back you up.

20 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Celtic haven't stood still since the semi-final they've gotten better and that's not a conspiracy by the MSM.  Rodgers is the best manager they've had in over 10 years.  Do you dispute that?  Was Delia, Lennon, or Mowbary any better?  Toure is the best CB in the country and today they've unveiled a £4m striker.  They've also managed to keep hold of their player assets from last season like Tierney and Griffiths.  Things aren't the same and they'll be a much tougher opponent when we play them at Parkhead next month.

We haven't stood still. We've also managed to keep hold of our player assets from last season. 

Things aren't the same - we'll be a much tougher opponent at that shitehole next month and that cunt Kolo's no stopping us on our day! 

As for Brenda? Just cause he might be the "best" manager they've had in 10 years, doesn't mean a single thing :lol:

Watford:
He got them to 13th place only after nearly causing their relegation (tu)

Reading:
He ditched Watford for money only to "mutually" leave Reading after putting them on the brink of relegation within 6 months (tu)

Swansea:
Fair enough I'd actually say this is where he did best as a manager. Not only getting promotion but staying up in the Premier league the season after.

Liverpool:
He spent like fuck, brought in over 30 players and STILL ended up with a massive negative net spend, despite getting a ton for Suarez and Sterling!
Speaking of Suarez, his incredible form that season was the main reason Brenda even came "that close" to the title he never even ended up winning!
Also worth noting, not once did he ever come remotely close to winning a cup with them.
That season after he "almost won the league", his Champions League "campaign" was fucking horrifying.
A large collection of their fans will cling to the fact he had a better win percentage than Dalglish, Evans and Houllier but that doesn't matter a bit if you still don't win fuck all. :lol:

He can have as many £4m wingers and thumbs as the cunt wants, it doesn't guarantee him a single fucking thing :lol:

He is not the tactical genius they fucking momos would have you believe :wanker: