English Football

Clemdog

In some senses it's an understandable mistake. Crossed lines all over the shop and a momentary lack of attention.

It's more a procedural fuck up. Have the correct procedure in place and this can't happen.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

The actual audio is ridiculous tbh.

although it blows my mind that the VAR team had no power to say to him you've called that wrong, give the goal.

I do admire that they are having a level of transparency in releasing the audio but the communication is awful. One assistant shouting give it right before the other says coming back for the offside and the VAR doesnt seem to even pick up what the on field decision was. You would have thought there would be some sort of standardized language used that was clear. 

Releasing audio wouldnt even help in a similar situation up here. celtic fans would pour over every word, every non-word or breath to fuel their conspiracy.

Been watching a few reactions videos to this and I agree it is mistake ridden at the very least from most of the VAR team, but saw a few using this as an excuse to ditch VAR which I don't agree with.

We need more technology and less people, but that might be where the objections come from.

Without VAR it's still an offside call and no goal, but one the linesman takes the heat for instead of the VAR team.

You wonder how much longer Ten Haag will get.

I mean United despite being unsuccessful for almost as long as we have must still have ridiculously high expectations from the support.

He seems a car crash of a manager who doesn't know his best team or get anything decent out of them.

Long may it continue though

Why was the Liverpool goal displayed as an image without the lines?

That seems suspicious to me.

If the usual still image appeared on the big screen with the lines drawn and "onside" then the ref would either give the goal, or ask for clarification from the VAR team what's going on before restarting.

The game should be replayed.

6 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Why was the Liverpool goal displayed as an image without the lines?

That seems suspicious to me.

If the usual still image appeared on the big screen with the lines drawn and "onside" then the ref would either give the goal, or ask for clarification from the VAR team what's going on before restarting.

The game should be replayed.

Have you ever watched a game featuring VAR?