All the best to fellow bear Lynsey Sharp

RFCRobertson

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

:lol:  glorifying? More like bringing attention to something that's getting swept under the rug something fierce. 

Exactly

They seem to think pointing out child abuse is worse than the actual act itself

Only in Scotland..

So this girl is going to be denied a gold medal because she's up against a man thing. Got to feel for her, if that was family I'd be raging. Surely it's an obvious advantage and they should have created a new transgender category. 

Is that really her twitter account? :lol:

On 17 August 2016 at 5:08 PM, JamieD said:

Yes, I agree with this. I just think all the fuss about fairness is ridiculous. She either qualifies to compete as a woman or she doesn't, but her physiological gift isn't any more "unfair" than any other athletic outlier's physical gifts, and is comparable in the level of superiority she has over her opponents. She's far, far closer to her female opponents than to any man. 

That's a fair point. I done the weights for years and looked good but could never get close to the Arnie look even though all the books made it seem like it was all about being a beast in the gym. Fucking wore myself out for years before I came across a book that explained just how blessed these guys were when it comes to biology even without the drugs.

Some woman could also easily over power an effeminate male but just find it difficult to believe that there would not be quite a big biological/physical advantage in this case because we're dealing with people who are in full time training. At that level you would expect them all to be blessed with good genetics and physiology but would a transgender not almost be certain to be at the very top of the range in variation when it comes to things like explosive power and stamina? 

If it was me being denied a gold medal I'd be wanting some kind of concrete evidence that their was no advantage that another woman could not have over me before I'd say fair enough. Shame with her being Scottish and a bluenose.

Semenya had to go through a lot of degrading examinations in the past and was initially forced to take drugs to reduce her testosterone levels, CAS suspended this ruling.  When you think about all these athletes who have been taking drugs to enhance their performances here we have an athlete who was born the way she is being forced to take drugs to limit her performance that to me is unfair.

Semenya can't help the way she was born and she can't help her natural biological make-up, she isn't a transgender or someone who was born male and wanted to be female, she can't help being what they call "intersex" and she has a right to race, there aren't special races for people who are intersex and at this moment in time there are only 2 woman who fall into this category, Semenya and an Indian sprinter, by the way the Indian sprinter who has the same condition actually didn't qualify out of her heats.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to athletes who have a natural genetic advantage?  Do you stop athletes from participating who have "fast-twich muscle fibres" which helps with sprinting?  Do you stop those athletes who have a genetic mutation that enhances their haemoglobin levels?

She isn't even the world record holder in fact her best time is 12th on the listings.

Irrespective I hope that Lynsey walks away with a medal in the final.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Something about it being unfair and they want change.

Now being bombarded saying even if she wasn't running she would still have finished 5th.

Good on her. 

Unlike men racing Usain bolt, at least they have a "better chance" they know they can train to that level (I think, I'm not an athlete). 

In contrast though, Lynsey doesn't have the testosterone to actually build muscle to the level that Caster has without using injections. So it is completely unfair in that regard. 

Regardless of Caster running or not, I don't think Lynsey could've done better. She was in a poor position for most of the race. 

On 20 August 2016 at 8:22 AM, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Semenya had to go through a lot of degrading examinations in the past and was initially forced to take drugs to reduce her testosterone levels, CAS suspended this ruling.  When you think about all these athletes who have been taking drugs to enhance their performances here we have an athlete who was born the way she is being forced to take drugs to limit her performance that to me is unfair.

Semenya can't help the way she was born and she can't help her natural biological make-up, she isn't a transgender or someone who was born male and wanted to be female, she can't help being what they call "intersex" and she has a right to race, there aren't special races for people who are intersex and at this moment in time there are only 2 woman who fall into this category, Semenya and an Indian sprinter, by the way the Indian sprinter who has the same condition actually didn't qualify out of her heats.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to athletes who have a natural genetic advantage?  Do you stop athletes from participating who have "fast-twich muscle fibres" which helps with sprinting?  Do you stop those athletes who have a genetic mutation that enhances their haemoglobin levels?

She isn't even the world record holder in fact her best time is 12th on the listings.

Irrespective I hope that Lynsey walks away with a medal in the final.

If a female athlete took testosterone to reach the same levels she would be banned, so where is the fairness in that. 

You either use drugs to get semenya down to normal levels for a woman or you let all women take testosterone to reach the same high levels as semenya.