Is the old firm game coming to early?

KingKirk

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Apology accepted, now man the fuck up please, fear no foe.

This all day long?

I don't fear them, I said we need to drastically improve for the game against them though. With the amount of chances we've been wasting recently it's silly to suggest otherwise IMO.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is that the euro campaign has given them a boost but they have played nobody's and could've been out on there arse in the last round

hearts should've won or at least got a point 

they aren't as good as they think they are and don't know why guys on here are putting them above us in every department

ive seen us go into old firm games with everybody bar us writing us off but we have won those games especially under big Mcleish

no surrender 

34 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I don't fear them, I said we need to drastically improve for the game against them though. With the amount of chances we've been wasting recently it's silly to suggest otherwise IMO.

Don't think anyone's saying we're facing them in ideal conditions but the occasion always takes care of itself to a certain extent no point in wishing it was later etc

They have only added 2 players to the squad from the last time we played them. Sinclair and Toure. 

Sinclair looks to be doing alright however, Toure has been in a team that has conceded 5 goals in 3 games. 

The Midfield is the key to this battle, and if Barton plays to his potential and is not caught up in the occasion, we could should do o.k 

3 minutes ago, sergio said:

They have only added 2 players to the squad from the last time we played them. Sinclair and Toure. 

Sinclair looks to be doing alright however, Toure has been in a team that has conceded 5 goals in 3 games. 

The Midfield is the key to this battle, and if Barton plays to his potential and is not caught up in the occasion, we could should do o.k 

I have a feeling Rossiter might play a big part in this midfield battle. And all the attention being on Barton vs Brown will take the pressure off him to do just that.

10 minutes ago, sergio said:

Dembele also but if their bottle crashes in europe their heads will be well down

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I have a feeling Rossiter might play a big part in this midfield battle. And all the attention being on Barton vs Brown will take the pressure off him to do just that.

if celtic continue to play there long high ball punt up the field then maybe the midfield will be bypassed on there behalf, must say though cant wait to see joey put Hen Broon in his back pocket

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It's a line from a song mate.

You said my original post was 'delusional post of the week'

The fear is ripping out you, they do look vastly improved from last season but we don't need to 'drastically' improve to worry them.

They are still shipping goals after all.

32 minutes ago, Wolverhampton Town said:

if celtic continue to play there long high ball punt up the field then maybe the midfield will be bypassed on there behalf, must say though cant wait to see joey put Hen Broon in his back pocket

I haven't seen much of them apart from the odd clip here and there on Facebook of their goals but from what I have seen, I wouldn't say they play a long high punt up the park at all. They seem to rely on the pace they have up front an awful lot though.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It's a line from a song mate.

You said my original post was 'delusional post of the week'

The fear is ripping out you, they do look vastly improved from last season but we don't need to 'drastically' improve to worry them.

They are still shipping goals after all.

They are shipping goals, I agree with that but we're hardly the clean sheet experts ourselves.

The difference is they are banging in goals at the other end meanwhile we are missing chances left, right and centre. So IMO there is drastic improvement needed in that department. We won't always get away with performances like yesterday.

As I said in an earlier post though, hopefully Garner and a fit Waghorn will be the difference there.

15 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I haven't seen much of them apart from the odd clip here and there on Facebook of their goals but from what I have seen, I wouldn't say they play a long high punt up the park at all. They seem to rely on the pace they have up front an awful lot though.

watch sinclairs goal against hearts and the opening goal in CL game you will see what I mean

3 minutes ago, Wolverhampton Town said:

watch sinclairs goal against hearts and the opening goal in CL game you will see what I mean

Mate, Griffiths picked the ball up in his own half and ran about 40 yards before crossing the ball for him to score it.

How on earth could you describe that as a long high punt up the park?

53 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

They are shipping goals, I agree with that but we're hardly the clean sheet experts ourselves.

The difference is they are banging in goals at the other end meanwhile we are missing chances left, right and centre. So IMO there is drastic improvement needed in that department. We won't always get away with performances like yesterday.

As I said in an earlier post though, hopefully Garner and a fit Waghorn will be the difference there.

What's got be remembered though ,the beggars won't play with 10 men behind the ball .Much more space for our players with pace 

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

So with Garner coming in,Waggy coming back along with Windass and Crooks (to offer options at the back) it's not too delusional to expect us to be prepared to give them a game any day of the week?

46 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

So with Garner coming in,Waggy coming back along with Windass and Crooks (to offer options at the back) it's not too delusional to expect us to be prepared to give them a game any day of the week?

You said they were playing shite just now as well. I felt that part was delusional given the amount of goals they're scoring.

Do I think we can beat them with Waghorn back and if Garner hits the ground running? Absolutely.