Is the old firm game coming to early?

KingKirk

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Bring the fenians on any day of the week.

We haven't been great but neither have they tbh

Delusional post of the week.

They're ripping teams apart and scoring for fun while they do it at the moment. Unless we drastically improve them 100% it's coming too soon for us.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

They're ripping teams apart and scoring for fun while they do it at the moment. Unless we drastically improve them 100% it's coming too soon for us.

They're shipping goals for fun and shipping them in short bursts so they're still vulnerable at the back 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

They're shipping goals for fun and shipping them in short bursts so they're still vulnerable at the back 

They're taking enough chances at the other end to get away with it though.

Hopefully that's where Garner and a fit Waghorn will make a difference for us.

2 hours ago, Vanoli said:

One thing I've been wondering about this morning is the value of this Linfield friendly. Say we put in an improved performance at Killie on Friday, I think this could be bad for us. Sure, we need the match fitness - especially for waghorn...

But it's a friendly, it will eventually become like a training session. The tempo won't be right nor the intensity - exactly the two things that have cost us this season. So is it good for us to go to Parkhead when our  last outing was a slow, low tempo, low intensity friendly game? As for Waghorn, it definitely didn't do him any good for the cup final. 

Who knows, maybe I'm over analysing. 

Surely we won't be sending all the first team guys away for that friendly? 

Just now, MasterD said:

Surely we won't be sending all the first team guys away for that friendly? 

My understanding is we're using it in preparation as the Celtic game comes after internationals - we don't have many internationals mind. Obviously we owe Linfield one too, two birds one stone I guess. 

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah I think so but there's pro's and con's to it.

Sometimes it's good to get your biggest challenge at the start of the season while the players are fresh and hungry.

Our problem as it has been for the past 5 seasons now is that we seem to rebuild every single season due to bad buys, relegation, cut budgets, more bad buys, paying off the bad buys and starting again, a team to get us out the Championship and again a team upgrade for this season over last seasons one.

The fenians were raging at the fixtures list as it looked like (and should have been) an easy 12 points for us going into the game and they had possibly their trickiest game first outwith games against us.

Thing what annoys me is Celtic can go and spent 4.5 million on a bit of quality like Sinclair that turns a shite performance, draw and 2 points dropped into a solid 3 points and off to a flier. We've not got that 1 player like that in our team, sadly (based on what I've seen so far, hopefully get proved wrong)

We have Miller who turned a shite 1-1 draw into a solid 3 points! :pipe: 

This is only one of 4 OF games this season - it's a real marker but it's a rare thing that either side wins all 4 OF games and I think far to much emphasis is put on this game ( important tho it always is). We all want to win it but I suspect they ( and us) will also drop points elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We have Miller who turned a shite 1-1 draw into a solid 3 points! :pipe: 

This is only one of 4 OF games this season - it's a real marker but it's a rare thing that either side wins all 4 OF games and I think far to much emphasis is put on this game ( important tho it always is). We all want to win it but I suspect they ( and us) will also drop points elsewhere. 

Nupe that's fair enough comment (tu)

6 hours ago, Da Kool Blue said:

Those useless cup games have set us behind.

I dunno why we couldn't have played the youths and took the first team to play more competitive matches abroad. 

Play more competitive matches ? in friendlies ? Abroad? As against Real competitive  matches in a cup? Really? 

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Plenty of calls for the manager to adopt a defensive formation for this one.  Why?  If we sit back and let Celtic come on to us we're fucked. 

Think about how Walter Smith setup against Neil Lennon's Celtic.  Walter had us sitting way too deep and we were overrun time, and time again.  Celtic's weakness is their defence and if you want to take advantage of that you need to attack.  Sitting back plays to Celtic's strengths and we'll be battered. 

We go there with the 4-3-3 and try our best to limit their possession.  Hopefully we can defend well and score a few goals. 

Walter had a great record against them! 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Walter had a great record against them! 

I'm not talking about records overall.  I'm talking about that one particular season.  Walter had us sitting deep and Lennon's Celtic were using full-backs to run over the top of us.  If we went to Celtic park and sat back they would just overrun us again.  We need to play to our own strengths rather than playing to theirs.

54 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Fuck up ya clown.

I don't think its coming too quick for us, as previously stated about the tims over confidence, they will fancy themselves, but there leaking goals 2 against st johnstone and 2 in Europe, in the CL game they went in at halftime 3-0 up, there over confidence at the start of second half let Beer n' a Hauf in to score 2, I was hoping they would go on to beat the vermin but it wasn't to be. on another note teams we have played so far in the league like parking buses to frustrate us, when we play against opposition that have a go I firmly believe you will see a dif rangers. points of note Sinclair is a flying machine and craig Gordon plays the long high ball for him to run onto, they have scored a few goals this way already, so as long as we don't get caught out with this al go for rangers to win 3-2

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Plenty of calls for the manager to adopt a defensive formation for this one.  Why?  If we sit back and let Celtic come on to us we're fucked. 

Think about how Walter Smith setup against Neil Lennon's Celtic.  Walter had us sitting way too deep and we were overrun time, and time again.  Celtic's weakness is their defence and if you want to take advantage of that you need to attack.  Sitting back plays to Celtic's strengths and we'll be battered. 

We go there with the 4-3-3 and try our best to limit their possession.  Hopefully we can defend well and score a few goals. 

I'm not sure their defence is their weakness anymore 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Conceded the same goals as us in 1 less game. I'm not so sure mate 

Yeah think they have sorted that area with Toure .Sinclair has given them more pace .Infact they have it all over the shop .

I'm hoping out players turn up for it cause it's going be a game like nothing we have had for over 4 years including the two Semis against them 

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Sorry big man.

Apology accepted, now man the fuck up please, fear no foe.

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I never thought I'd see the day when Rangers fans are quivering at the thought of playing Celtic

This all day long?