bordersbear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

He doesn't play as a number 10.

Why not just say you've never seen him play?

I meant to say number 8 as in a box to box not like behind the striker mid. I have only seen him twice maybe three times, but Accrington fans have watched him more than both of us put together and that is what they said, he mostly plays in front of the defence but is capable and has played further up the pitch.

I like forester. :pipe:

Holt is a great player and was my fav player along with Mckay last year. His movement is superb and as mentioned his runs in behind are crucial.

Windass , Holt, Forester, Krancjar any two of these should play every home game, with Rossiter or Barton sitting.

We can't play with 2 or 3 more defensive players. Makes sense away at tough grounds to have more steel in themiddle. At home wee need movement,  creativity and directness.

P.s I love The Rangers. :541:

4 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

He's a massive miss in Midfield, for a very small guy his reading of the game, his energy, attacking prowess, his ability to pick a pass and open up a defence is better than anything we have to offer in the squad.

Better than Kranjcar?

We are definitely missing him with his direct running creativity & opening up space for other players by pulling defenders all over the place trying to pick him up from midfield, when Krancjar, Windass and Barton signed I thought he was going to be a bit part player this season but he would be one of the first names down on my teamsheet 

6 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Would love a fully fit Holt back in our midfield, movements top class. Never hit the heights after he came back from injury last season but if he can reproduce his earlier form he has to be in that starting 11. 

This ?

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

January 2016 till end of season he was pretty crap TBH, if he doesn't play for another two months he will be Messi on RM.  People need to get a grip, he had a good spell in a lower division.   Let's see what he offers when he's fit again.

A right few of our team dropped form after Christmas tbf. 

Some massive overrating of Holt going on in this thread.  Did well in the Scottish Championship but most of those teams were pish.  We've stepped it up a level now and have signed five new central midfield players.  Holt will need to prove his worth all over again. 

26 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Some massive overrating of Holt going on in this thread.  Did well in the Scottish Championship but most of those teams were pish.  We've stepped it up a level now and have signed five new central midfield players.  Holt will need to prove his worth all over again. 

They all did well enough in the Championship but they will ALL need to up their game in this league including the new guys not just Holt.

The guys that have been signed are the ones that need to prove their worth and not rely on their reputation. Holt showed what he was worth last year, he provides an energy from midfield to front  and, in my opinion, should be there every week when fit.