Warburton deluded

Smile

5 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Managing Rangers for real starts here. Let's see if he's up to it.

This is it this is where we find out if he has what it takes or not. I still maintain if he could find that football he had at the start of his tenure we would be in a lot better position and teams would be terrified like the were against us, that was total football.

I know that was a different Level but he had something that worked.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

turn what around 5 games in we are easily the 2nd best squad in the league that'll be proven next may.

The squad morale will be damaged, trust will be damaged, players will question everything, tactics, team mates, whole dynamics of a squad can change after a game like that. It's sink or swim, I just really hope it brings everyone closer together and galvanises us, but I have my doubts 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

We should be but we have never really tackled our defensive problems and since we have changed our style we don't create the bucketload of chances we once did.

Warburtons style for me was based on young hungry players and players who thought they never got their deserved chance at other teams, now we have older less mobile players with less to prove who are slowing our team and system down.

I agree with you I don't think our system has changed however I just think the legs and energy has been taken from it. Even still we should still be winning games with ease.

As for the defence that's our biggest concern now Imo and it's gonna take some cash fees to sort it.

I'm sorry but how do we start to turn things around with some of the players form at the moment and that fucking defence ? I'm still hurting and I'm trying to stay positive but I just can't see us turning it around anytime soon unless the off form players work their arse off and try and get some kind of winning run going.but most of all we stop gifting fucking goals to the opposition here's hoping

Just now, BILLYBOY50 said:

I'm sorry but how do we start to turn things around with some of the players form at the moment and that fucking defence ? I'm still hurting and I'm trying to stay positive but I just can't see us turning it around anytime soon unless the off form players work their arse off and try and get some kind of winning run going.but most of all we stop gifting fucking goals to the opposition here's hoping

We have to hope they spark into life but we really need to go for speed over the less mobile player.

"We need to turn it round and we will turn it around quickly, and while I won’t use the exact words I used with the players, we will make sure the people who are writing what they are writing right now come to eat those words."

Exactly what I want to hear from him ^

if reading between the lines he's said he won't use the words he did with the players I'm hoping he's getting fired up by this which is exactly what we need from him and the players.

The game on Saturday is a chance to lay down the marker for what we should be playing like and not just for a 10 minute spell in each half.

40 minutes ago, Smile said:

He has said it wasn't a 5-1 game lets be honest without Fods saves it could have been 8-1.

I prefer brutal honesty rather than this nonsense.

Wasn't a 5 -1 game they scored 3rd when we were on top after sending off anything can happen. it's not good enough but I think some have went way ott on here.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Wasn't a 5 -1 game they scored 3rd when we were on top after sending off anything can happen. it's not good enough but I think some have went way ott on here.

We were never on top they drew us out so they could hit us on the break which they did with ease. We were like an amateur team all over the park, 4 marking five at the first goal seemed to go unnoticed by the Management.

I don't even think Rodgers could believe how tactically naive we were. We made a poor team and an average manager look good.

46 minutes ago, Smile said:

Warburton has also insisted his players will be fired up by the extreme level of criticism he feels they have received from sections of the media since Saturday, saying: “I’ve read some of the comments. I told the players that I was warned not to read the papers, but I thought no, I will read the papers, and you see some of the poisonous, mischievous dialogue that is written, and that just burns in your memory and that is something we will use.

"We need to turn it round and we will turn it around quickly, and while I won’t use the exact words I used with the players, we will make sure the people who are writing what they are writing right now come to eat those words."

Full interview on RTV with the basics covered on the official site. MW also believes we didn't deserve to lose 5-1.
http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/mark-wasnt-5-1-game/

Your fucking deluded 

he's came out with the right kind of statement 

he now has to match it with the right calls regarding some players

On paper Barton and kranjar should've had more than enough to handle an old firm game but they were found wanting

so the manager has been let down by the players

but he's got to change players now

no starts based on reputation

Just now, bluenose_n1 said:

Your fucking deluded 

he's came out with the right kind of statement 

he now has to match it with the right calls regarding some players

On paper Barton and kranjar should've had more than enough to handle an old firm game but they were found wanting

so the manager has been let down by the players

but he's got to change players now

no starts based on reputation

How am i deluded could they have scored more? Did Fod save us from that embarrassment?

Who buys and picks the players?

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We were never on top they drew us out so they could hit us on the break which they did with ease. We were like an amateur team all over the park, 4 marking five at the first goal seemed to go unnoticed by the Management.

I don't even think Rodgers could believe how tactically naive we were. We made a poor team and an average manager look good.

So they let us play them off the park for the first 10 mins of the second half? I suppose they were always going to replace their best player from the first so early in.the second...that was a reaction the start we made.

I'm not saying it was good enough it was far far from it, I just don't buy that it was a bad as the borderline hysterical reaction from some on here are making out. 

We've been shite for months not just Saturday. What did he expect from press after Saturday's shambles-praise? He obviously does not see a problem with Keirnan or that defence so he is certainly deluded,he thinks Barton is a marquee signing,again deluded. 

Lots of pressure going into the ross county game. We need any kind of win. Though i do think there is a big chasm between Rangers and celtic for sure.

When you build a team you build from the back. That should be his priority.

But you also need european football to attract better players.

I am hoping rangers finish first. But that would take a miracle.

So a finish where we get into europe is a must

46 minutes ago, thehost said:

Aye that's why we have 8npoints out of 15 ffs 

and fucking what? Still plenty of points up for grabs and opportunities for celtic to slip up. 

The league isn't over it's just beginning, it was the fifth match. If it was the 5th to last match then yeah, go fucking crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

So they let us play them off the park for the first 10 mins of the second half? I suppose they were always going to replace their best player from the first so early in.the second...that was a reaction the start we made.

I'm not saying it was good enough it was far far from it, I just don't buy that it was a bad as the borderline hysterical reaction from some on here are making out. 

That can be your comfort for 10 minutes we looked great and played them off the park, it doesn't comfort me.

He got replaced as he was holding his thigh.

Just now, Smile said:

That can be your comfort for 10 minutes we looked great and played them off the park, it doesn't comfort me.

He got replaced as he was holding his thigh.

already said it wasn't good enough, point is it wasn't a 5-1. I've just tried to take something positive from the game and hope MW can fix it. the alternative is frightening.

4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

We've been shite for months not just Saturday. What did he expect from press after Saturday's shambles-praise? He obviously does not see a problem with Keirnan or that defence so he is certainly deluded,he thinks Barton is a marquee signing,again deluded. 

He made Kiernan Captain when he should have stuck him with the reserves. Captain of Rangers should be an honour  its a bit like when PLG made Rae Captain.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

already said it wasn't good enough, point is it wasn't a 5-1. I've just tried to take something positive from the game and hope MW can fix it. the alternative is frightening.

I honestly think if he can find the form we had when he first arrived we may not win the league but we will certainly be contenders, we won't be with the players he's picking now.