Gaz52

Do you believe in Mark Warburton?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the man to take us forward?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know/Undecided

5 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Nope.hes lost the majority of the bigger games we play and has a particular problem seeing out games away from home.

his stubbornness to his system also lets him down week in week out.

He's had a year and a half to sort out the centre of defence and we have ended up with senderdross and hill.

he is though a very likeable guy who carries himself with dignity and class but believe me if results keep going the way they are he won't be here much longer.

they'll not tho we will finish comfortably 2nd. Majority of the biggest games played 3 lost 2 won 1 hardly a disaster ffs

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Then surely it's the boards backing we need to question. Warburton needs to be given the funds to go and strengthen that area only so far frees can take you.

The board can be called into question but Warburton failed in his duty to make the best of what we have. No bear would have started Kranjcar on Saturday and our lack of organisation at corners was pure neglect of duty,it's the absolute basics. 

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

The board can be called into question but Warburton failed in his duty to make the best of what we have. No bear would have started Kranjcar on Saturday and our lack of organisation at corners was pure neglect of duty,it's the absolute basics. 

Not buying this corner pish. Do you honestly believe warburton told kiernan just let the man have a free header unmarked 3yards out. Kiernan is rotten cant defend for shit neither can any other cbs we have tho been that way since summer and not been sorted

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Not buying this corner pish. Do you honestly believe warburton told kiernan just let the man have a free header unmarked 3yards out. Kiernan is rotten cant defend for shit neither can any other cbs we have tho been that way since summer and not been sorted

So Warburton is blameless even though Dembele was left alone at a corner 20 min before he scored with an unmarked header. Also too painful to watch again but I'm pretty sure Kiernan was not on Dembele and left his own man to try to recover the situation.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

they'll not tho we will finish comfortably 2nd. Majority of the biggest games played 3 lost 2 won 1 hardly a disaster ffs

We lost 50%of the bigger games we played last season both hibs and Falkirk beat us at there dumps.

st Johnstone done us at Ibrox and we managed to lose a cup final from a winning position to Hibs 

thats unacceptable for any Rangers manager

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Kiernan wasn't marking Dembele at the corner.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

You're correct about kiernan but again Warburton thinks the sun shines out of his arse which is a worry. 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Kiernan actually wasn't at fault at the corner. Watch the replay. He is marking someone else at the start. As the ball comes in he sees that Dembele has lost his man and tries - too late - to leave his own man and lend a hand.

In the centre of the box as the ball come in there is 4 Rangers players trying to mark 5 celtic players and Rob Kiernan stays with his own man till he spots Dembele unmarked. It wasn't his fault - he done his job - someone else didn't.

Second goal was 100% Kiernans fault..

He's too much of a positive character that even in defeat I can see him going into the changing room and telling the guys they done well and just need to learn from it. Sometimes they need a fucking bawling at and I can't see him doing that at all.

We've went through some pretty awful spells under him that goes on for 6-7-8 weeks at a time. Last November-December was awful - In a 7 week spell we were beat off hibs, drew with Livingston & Morton then beat off Falkirk. From March-May - beat off Falkirk, drew with Raith Rovers, beat off hibs, drew with Alloa, beat off Livingston, drew with St Mirren, beat off hibs again.

You can't get away with spells like that if we expect to challenge for SPL titles.

Results against the better teams last year was garbage. Ended the season with an away record of winning 50% of games. This season so far looks like our away record will be even worse.

Too stubborn, too naive and simply not showing any signs of learning.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

No one was it was four against five at the Corner that should have been spotted by the Manager.

You expect the manager to spot that from where he was standing and do something about it?

I'm sorry but that's the job of the players to realise there's a man free and sort it.

27 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Not for me, I'm afraid.

King and co. haven't exactly pumped millions into the squad, but Barton, Kranjcar, Hill and Senderos' salaries will all add-up to a pretty figure. That budget was given and Warburton, along with McParland, chose how to spend it.

Sadly he fucked up badly with Hill, but he did try to sign Lescott and we didn't get him because Glasgow was too far for his mrs, as we were led to believe, as he then went to AEK Athens and not one challenge to board on that, so either King didn't back him or Lescott didn't fancy us, which I doubt, so I suspect there is a rift between them and he's working his ticket as I've stated before.

He has to be given the chance to show if he can cope, if not then he goes but if he can then surely the turnaround we saw last year is reason to believe in him.

He has made mistakes this year and hasn't learned from them and therefore if he is stubborn and persists with the same line up despite underperforming (drastically underperforming rather) then he will be living on borrowed time as manager of the club.

I really like him and hope he has the balls to make the tough but necessary calls for this weekends game.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sadly he fucked up badly with Hill, but he did try to sign Lescott and we didn't get him because Glasgow was too far for his mrs, as we were led to believe, as he then went to AEK Athens and not one challenge to board on that, so either King didn't back him or Lescott didn't fancy us, which I doubt, so I suspect there is a rift between them and he's working his ticket as I've stated before.

He fucked up, big time, with Hill. That's emphasised by his recruitment of Senderos.

Lescott was a bold move, anyway. The guy will have been on anything between £75,000 to £100,000 at Man City when he was an England international and at Aston Villa, I'd assume he was on around £60,000. At AEK Athens, he'll be on a very tidy wage; he's a team-mate of Hugo Almeida.

Hand-on-heart, I never seen that transfer working out and the longer it dragged on, the more obvious it became. The way it ended was embarassing.

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

You expect the manager to spot that from where he was standing and do something about it?

I'm sorry but that's the job of the players to realise there's a man free and sort it.

You can't blame the management for it happening at the time, however when it happens every week and we're so bad at defending set-pieces then you can 100% question his management/coaching of these situations and put blame onto him.

So many questions and no concrete answer, nothing but excuses,

professional players still learning!

Manager still learning!

Defence never learn and never will learn along with the manager

Wrong lineups and tactics...manager still learning

I could go on and on, its turning into a shambles and nothing to do with the 5-1 drubbing, McCoist said yesterday that Rangers need a bit of realism, well here is my realism, get a manager in that knows how to set up a football team to win, sod all this beautiful football crap, I seem to remember the Everton players told their manager to sod off for the very same reason and now Belgium have that dud, well they seem well suited.

Its a pity McCoist never instilled a bit of realism when he was the manager then he would have walked away, another dud. We can't afford duds, Warburton is a honest hard working man but I honestly don't think he will turn it around, there is no evidence even when he speaks he talks as if the problems don't exist and we all know different even from last season they have existed and never been sorted, so how come so many fans think he will turn it round now.

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

You can't blame the management for it happening at the time, however when it happens every week and we're so bad at defending set-pieces then you can 100% question his management/coaching of these situations and put blame onto him.

I agree that something has to be done about the way we defend set pieces but you can do all the work you want, the players surely must see there's someone not being marked. I'd like to think when/if they're working on them throughout the week everyone would be marked.

25 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

The manager can't hold players hands through every scenario that happens in a game.

'Make sure everyone is marked at a corner' is something you learn at 10 years old. IMO can't blame the manager for that.  

He should have spotted it from the sidelines and sorted it but obviously he never. Ultimately the manager always carries the can when he's bought the players himself.

55 minutes ago, MasterD said:

"pick a man and mark him" Thats drummed into you from a young age at corners. Dont give him a run, you get close and bloke to make sure he doesn't get the run to get the jump on you. Dembele had nobody marking him at all. A free run and jump. Prior to the game every player should have a man assigned for a corner. You just find your man and do your job. Its not rocket science.

We are not just bad at corners we are worse than amateurish.

48 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Sometimes we also do this strange zonal carry on where we all stand in a line and look clueless, Man Marking or nothing for me you lose your man he scores its your fault.

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

We lost 50%of the bigger games we played last season both hibs and Falkirk beat us at there dumps.

st Johnstone done us at Ibrox and we managed to lose a cup final from a winning position to Hibs 

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

sorry mate we've had 3 big games since Warburton has come in cup final and 2 OF games since when was hibs and Falkirk considered big games.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

sorry mate we've had 3 big games since Warburton has come in cup final and 2 OF games since when was hibs and Falkirk considered big games.

So called bigger teams in the league we were in not big games no ?or should I change it to tough games ?