Gaz52

Do you believe in Mark Warburton?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the man to take us forward?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know/Undecided

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Who could the manager realistically sign on a free any names mate that would've been better than what we have.

We need defender's of boumsong quality but as a free they don't come along to often.

king needs to get the wallet out mate that's not a excuse just a fact.

We spent £1.8m on Garner. Although a potential good signing I think last year showed we didn't lack goals. Midfield/ wingers and full backs contributing.

I think if someone was available we should have used this for a CD

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still 100% believe warbs is the man for us  needs to do a lot better than what's been on offer so far this season excluding that shambles on Saturday we have been very poor.

So hopefully warburton sees where it's not working and drop the likes of Barton and gets us playing the attractive football like last season 

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

We spent £1.8m on Garner. Although a potential good signing I think last year showed we didn't lack goals. Midfield/ wingers and full backs contributing.

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Our football club shouldn't need to pick and choose what to spend 1.8million on mate but that's a completely different discussion.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Or we could end up top.. Your trying to hard mate.

We could end up top, but not going on what I've watched this season, get him out NOW and get Davie Weir IN before it's too late

as for trying too hard, yer right trying too hard to get you to see he's not got what it takes, we haven't kicked a ball since last years semi final, optimism is one thing, hoping is another

Just now, onwardsupwards said:

We could end up top, but not going on what I've watched this season, get him out NOW and get Davie Weir IN before it's too late

as for trying too hard, yer right trying too hard to get you to see he's not got what it takes, we haven't kicked a ball since last years semi final, optimism is one thing, hoping is another

@gogzy a live one here. 

1 minute ago, onwardsupwards said:

I have my suspicions.

26 minutes ago, onwardsupwards said:

"He is a fantastic ambassador for the club always representing us in a very professional manner.Looks out for our best interests and is a very articulate speaker."

Did you see him on Saturday?

he embarrassed us on Saturday he was raging at the ref, why was he not raging at his own signings?

hes now out of his depth, Get Davie Weir in the hot seat now before it's too late, bring back Wee Durant to help him, real Rangers men who know what it's all about us what we need

Aye because David Weir's managerial record is great so far :wink:

He needs to change his whole footballing philosophy as it's blatantly obvious it's not working. 

- Get back to a 4-4-2 with Waghorn and Garner up front.

- Play MOH as a wide attacking midfielder.

- Drop Barton, McKay and Miller

- Do more defensive work during the week.

- Stop trying to play like Brazil by passing the ball from the back and keep it simple.

Sadly I just can't see it happening and I expect more of the same against Ross County.

20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Who could the manager realistically sign on a free any names mate that would've been better than what we have.

We need defender's of boumsong quality but as a free they don't come along to often.

king needs to get the wallet out mate that's not a excuse just a fact.

John Egan would've been better than what we signed. Good on the ball and very good in the air, would've cost £0 and been on less than the 2 clowns we brought in and would've been here for more than a retirement top-up.

It's not my job to scout and find players though, we've known it was needed for a year. A whole year to find someone. They didn't need to be free, we could've spent any of what we spent on Garner to bring 1 in. We could've saved a good bit on signing on fees and wages by going without Barton, Kranjcar, the 2 dummy's and put it towards a good CB.

Defenders of Boumsong quality, fuck me. SPL is worse than ever. A defender that can do simple things is what is needed. They certainly don't need to be Boumsong quality.

49 minutes ago, onwardsupwards said:

"He is a fantastic ambassador for the club always representing us in a very professional manner.Looks out for our best interests and is a very articulate speaker."

he embarrassed us on Saturday he was raging at the ref, why was he not raging at his own signings?

hes now out of his depth, Get Davie Weir in the hot seat now before it's too late, bring back Wee Durant to help him, real Rangers men who know what it's all about us what we need

Christ almighty where do I start 

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

John Egan would've been better than what we signed. Good on the ball and very good in the air, would've cost £0 and been on less than the 2 clowns we brought in and would've been here for more than a retirement top-up.

It's not my job to scout and find players though, we've known it was needed for a year. A whole year to find someone. They didn't need to be free, we could've spent any of what we spent on Garner to bring 1 in. We could've saved a good bit on signing on fees and wages by going without Barton, Kranjcar, the 2 dummy's and put it towards a good CB.

Defenders of Boumsong quality, fuck me. SPL is worse than ever. A defender that can do simple things is what is needed. They certainly don't need to be Boumsong quality.

that's fair enough mate.

O'Halloran was a waste of money as well because he obviously isn't interested in playing for us. He should have been bursting a gut to get in that team for Saturday not only would he have had the space to use his pace but (as Kenny Miller showed when he came back) it's the perfect place to show that he's burned his bridges with them but instead he was once again posted missing

13 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

O'Halloran was a waste of money as well because he obviously isn't interested in playing for us. He should have been bursting a gut to get in that team for Saturday not only would he have had the space to use his pace but (as Kenny Miller showed when he came back) it's the perfect place to show that he's burned his bridges with them but instead he was once again posted missing

Thermo... if O'Halloran doesn't get picked...how can he prove anything?

8 minutes ago, DietofWorms said:

Thermo... if O'Halloran doesn't get picked...how can he prove anything?

If I were him I would make the manager pick me by being impossible to ignore ... It's not as if the team is exactly packed with players in form at the moment  ... for me he's just not committed enough it's understood if you jump the dyke you have to give more and he's just not prepared to do it 

7 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Not really sure how anyone can say they believe in him completely then go on to list the things he's doing wrong and changes he needs to make. Until he shows he is actually able, or willing, to learn from the mistakes he admits himself keep being made its an 'I don't know' from me. Saturday may just have been a watershed moment for him to go back to the basics and try to bring back the energy and commitment of the start of last season.

This is exactly how I feel, I hope he can take us forward, I like him as a person and his interviews with the media are great, but I am honestly not sure if can sort out our problems on the field, so I voted 'I don't know' as well.

Your point about nearly everyone who has said 'yes' goes on to say he has to change this and that to me means they are also not sure.

What I will say is that I will be behind him and the team on Saturday, but surely a win will be required to take some heat from him and off course the players.

2 hours ago, onwardsupwards said:

Durrant, part of the worst managerial team in our history? :lol: 

1 hour ago, onwardsupwards said:

I voted 'I don't know' but you must be taking the piss with that sentence. doh unbelievable :D